• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mentioned in his Shaymen TV interview that he couldn't sleep last night he was that excited to play for us again, and that he was buzzing from the moment he woke up. A man who clearly loves the club a

Tobi was only on the pitch 15 minutes and we scored 2 goals! 

Death, taxes and an excellent loan player being terrible for Town when they sign permanently.

Was quality today when he got involved , hopefully a full weeks training with Redshaw will see them even more effective.

general consensus from Stockport is that McAlinden was anonymous yesterday, surprise 

17 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Was quality today when he got involved , hopefully a full weeks training with Redshaw will see them even more effective.

general consensus from Stockport is that McAlinden was anonymous yesterday, surprise 

Nothing against Mcalinden. But Rodney fits far better into our system. 

However I'm sure if you asked Mcalinden where he wanted to play I'm sure he would probably say as a striker. We didn't play him there and it seems Stockport arnt going to either. 

• Like 1

Interesting first impressions from one Stockport fan yesterday:

"We badly miss Walker’s quality and Rodney’s pace and power and we don’t seem to have rectified that with our additions so far.

"I watched lots of McAlinden in highlights yesterday and he looks a composed finisher and tidy on the ball but has very little in the way of pace and power. If he’s not scoring or assisting he doesn’t seem to add much and he doesn’t strike me as a Jim Gannon player."

• Like 2

Given the choice, most of us would much rather we had Rodney than McAlinden. Having written that - Stockport have got themselves a decent player. It just depends where they play him and whether he can motivate himself. 

3 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Rodney nearly cost us a goal with some stupid play on the edge of his own box. That apart did very well 

A non league footballer makes a stupid play on the edge of his own box.  Well blow me down. Cant wait to see MOTD and see top flight footballers with 100% performances

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

A non league footballer makes a stupid play on the edge of his own box.  Well blow me down. Cant wait to see MOTD and see top flight footballers with 100% performances

Exactly, some players dont get criticized some do. It all depends if they are on certain fans hit lists or not. Now I throughly enjoyed yesterdays game and thought the team played really well especially second half. All this whilst being under the influence of a cup of coffee! 

6 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

1 mistake,  alot more positives. Not going to slate tobi but 90% of the positive play Rodney contributed to yesterday wouldnt have happened if it was tobi on the ball, example being the way Rodney took on the defence and assisted redshaw 

2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

1 mistake,  alot more positives. Not going to slate tobi but 90% of the positive play Rodney contributed to yesterday wouldnt have happened if it was tobi on the ball, example being the way Rodney took on the defence and assisted redshaw 

• Haha 3
17 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I also noticed Jamie Allen who you think isn’t good enough contribute a lot more than him and he scored a decent goal and could of had a second. 

17 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I also noticed Jamie Allen who you think isn’t good enough contribute a lot more than him and he scored a decent goal and could of had a second. 

Do you think he is good enough to play in a promotion seeking team? "Allen could have had a second"..change the player and that quote from yourself would change. "Tobi should have had a second !!!"

15 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

You really are determined not to give him any credit whatsoever.

It was implied that we scored two more goals because of Sho's introduction. I was simply rectifying the mistaken assumption.

Not only do some not realise he is simply not good enough, they try to wrongly credit him with being responsible for goals scored.

I bet Southwell and McAlinden wished they had such support from this section of supporters.

We all wish Sho well but most realise Redshaw and Rodney are light years ahead. Just accept reality.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

It was implied that we scored two more goals because of Sho's introduction. I was simply rectifying the mistaken assumption.

Not only do some not realise he is simply not good enough, they try to wrongly credit him with being responsible for goals scored

The irony of the post was obviously lost on you, must have been the beer goggles you had on

Edited by Papa Lazarou
52 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

The irony of the post was obviously lost on you, must have been the beer goggles you had on

Nothing to do with irony, you simply do not know a footballer when you see one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Do you think he is good enough to play in a promotion seeking team? "Allen could have had a second"..change the player and that quote from yourself would change. "Tobi should have had a second !!!"

I think he is good enough yes. A good player to bring on for fresh legs. Has pace and runs at defenders and adds with the odd goal only problem is his crossing needs improving. 

Difference is Tobi wouldn’t have been in that position so it doesn’t really matter. Tobi’s first contribution Saturday was the ball went high up the air and he had no defender around him, tried to control it but bounced up and hit his arm and lost possession. He isn’t good for a promotion seeking team just like Southwell who we need to get shut of quickly to allow us to bring another midfielder in. 

3 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Allen did well when he came on although the game was already in the bag by then, his goal a was absloute gift from a terrible individual mistake.