Sign in to follow this  
kmssteve

Fa trophy latest

3 hours ago, Andy HTFC said:

Not quite sure how our club come to these figures. Non of our games are ever segregated and many especially on the sides are mixed in together. I think someone goes round counting the faces they recognise.:D To be fair we have got a good following of about 100+ though and the same sort of following that was at Corby could be expected on our visit. Looking forward to our visit, shame there is segregation at this level, chatting with other fans is always enjoyable in my opinion.

It was a good Yeltz following yesterday, with a good number of 'home' fans who don't normally travel also away travelling away - 325-350 was my estimate taking into the account the number behind the goal, those sat in the stand and those stood to the side. With two supporters coaches already filled for Halifax (compared to yesterdays 1) and the third coach selling well if you take into account the number of folk who will travel independently - I think 350-400 Yeltz folk travelling wouldn't be unrealistic. If we can win on Tuesday and Saturday too then that too might encourage a few more to travel with it being only £12 to get in and £10 on the coach. 

After yesterdays sad news thought I would take another look at the Conference Final at the Shay, must have been 8,000/ 9000 and the ground takes on a new look when its so full,came as a relief when Garner scored in extra time. Just needed to watch some great memories of our club and not. bothered about the other games today and one thing for sure these make up for the bad times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Just been on the FA discipline website and its showing Nail Maher is suspended for the Halesowen game. 

I know the FA are renowned for making things up as they go along but this does not make sense. Did not get booked yesterday so why would he be suspended for a game in two weeks time.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:23 PM, Andy HTFC said:

Really? Do you only expect a low turnout? I noticed there were only 700 odd at the Wrexham trophy tie and 1000 at the FA Cup tie with Harrogate. Yet 2000 is a regular league crowd for yourselves. Surely a tie against the mighty Yeltz is something you've all been yearning for for years......

Yawning for!

28 minutes ago, chadders said:

I know the FA are renowned for making things up as they go along but this does not make sense. Did not get booked yesterday so why would he be suspended for a game in two weeks time.

Fa trophy bookings are separate, if he got booked against both Wrexham and Torquay then yes he could be suspended.Jeff king was booked in a trophy game but played yesterday as he previously only had 9 league bookings.

Edited by neilstewart

4 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

Fa trophy bookings are separate, if he got booked against both Wrexham and Torquay then yes he could be suspended.Jeff king was booked in a trophy game but played yesterday as he previously only had 9 league bookings.

Ah okay makes sense now :)

32 minutes ago, chadders said:

May have had 2 FA Trophy bookings? 

On 1/25/2020 at 10:45 PM, Shaymen1984 said:

The other ones were pleasant enough and no queues. A sink wouldn't have gone amiss though. 

indeed a sink is a must especially when you are desperate and there is a queue for the urinals.

• Like 2

On halesowen website

A 4th coach is being organised for the trophy game, and some said there wouldn't be a thousand in attendance

Two more home wins and 1500 on the cards,  you never know

• Like 3

Mrs Guido will be in attendance for this game, she has only ever seen us lose twice in 31 years and never at the Shay :)

I treat her to day out when we were courting in 1989 went to Colchester away and lost 3-2 then to Lincoln when married early 90's i think we lost 2-1 

She has been 3 times this season and again no loss, so fingers crossed good times continue ;)

8 minutes ago, Guido said:

Mrs Guido will be in attendance for this game, she has only ever seen us lose twice in 31 years and never at the Shay :)

I treat her to day out when we were courting in 1989 went to Colchester away and lost 3-2 then to Lincoln when married early 90's i think we lost 2-1 

She has been 3 times this season and again no loss, so fingers crossed good times continue ;)

I remember that Colchester game because my first lad was due to be born. I was going to call him Shay or Shayne, we were 2-0 up but lost 2-3. We named him Steven.

We caused mayhem on the way to the game as I couldn’t find the ground. I asked a bloke on a push bike were the ground was, he tried explaining but was failing so he just said the best bet is to follow me I will show you. 
so I did the queue of traffic behind us was horrendous as we followed this friendly chap on his bike, we were not popular people.

I also remember driving back having to pull over as the heavens opened and I’ve never seen rain like it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kmssteve said:

On halesowen website

A 4th coach is being organised for the trophy game, and some said there wouldn't be a thousand in attendance

Two more home wins and 1500 on the cards,  you never know

Fair play to them, that's a decent effort but I do hope they go home dissapointed. No hard feelings.

On 1/26/2020 at 5:52 PM, Papa Lazarou said:

Just been on the FA discipline website and its showing Nail Maher is suspended for the Halesowen game. 

Must have heard he's as hard as..............;)

9 hours ago, Guido said:

You MAD romantic.:wub:

55 minutes ago, Guido said:

Curry & Chips & a photo with Freddy Fox at the last game Steve ;)

Living the dream!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Fair play to them, that's a decent effort but I do hope they go home dissapointed. No hard feelings.

We probably will. And there will be no hard feelings. We are just enjoying a fantastic season after years and years of dross and mismanagement and being close to going under. Looking forward to a day out like this is just great for everyone concerned with the club. Don't underrate us though, we're better than our level in the pyramid suggests.

Just looked at FA website. I can’t see any suspensions for us for FA Trophy. Don’t know where the suggestion of Maher being suspended came from.

10 minutes ago, andrich said:

Just looked at FA website. I can’t see any suspensions for us for FA Trophy. Don’t know where the suggestion of Maher being suspended came from.

He has had 2 bookings in trophy.

On 1/28/2020 at 9:20 AM, Andy HTFC said:

We probably will. And there will be no hard feelings. We are just enjoying a fantastic season after years and years of dross and mismanagement and being close to going under. Looking forward to a day out like this is just great for everyone concerned with the club. Don't underrate us though, we're better than our level in the pyramid suggests.

Your description sounds like nearly every year of being a Shayman, with probably five or six seasons best Ng a break from the norm.