Sign in to follow this  
archietaylor7

Josh MacDonald

I'm beginning to fear for Josh at the club now. Hasn't had any game time for the last 6 games, Wrexham in the last round was his last outing as a sub for about 10 mins. He's been out of the squad while McCoulsky was here and then today he was left on the bench while the returning Southwell got the last 10 mins. I personally dont think that bodes very well for him.

Just now, archietaylor7 said:

I'm beginning to fear for Josh at the club now. Hasn't had any game time for the last 6 games, Wrexham in the last round was his last outing as a sub for about 10 mins. He's been out of the squad while McCoulsky was here and then today he was left on the bench while the returning Southwell got the last 10 mins. I personally dont think that bodes very well for him.

I think the main problem is that he is a winger and that's it. When you look at a player like Jamie Allen he can play out wide or up top. Josh just doesn't have the strikers instinct to play in a front two. I suppose he could fit in in a front 3 but he's played that position before and not scored.

I think you're right Archie and this could and probably will be his last season at the club.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I think the main problem is that he is a winger and that's it. When you look at a player like Jamie Allen he can play out wide or up top. Josh just doesn't have the strikers instinct to play in a front two. I suppose he could fit in in a front 3 but he's played that position before and not scored.

I think you're right Archie and this could and probably will be his last season at the club.

Sadly I think it will be. I'm a Josh fan and if he does go I for one will be sorry to see it. But if he doesn't feature in PWs plans he'd be better letting him go out on loan till the end of the season. I just know big Dents would love to see him at Chesterfield.

As Erik said, the formation we’re playing at the moment doesn’t really suit him. Will be a shame if he moves on, as I like him as a player and he’s been with us a long time. 

12 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Why couldn't he play wing back? Many wingers get transformed into wing backs. Danny Williams seems to be doing ok. 

Not a bad call. I don't see why not. I suppose his problem would be that Duckworth and Hanson would be in front of him and that's some tough competition for a place.

I wuld like to echo others thoughts on him though and I do like him as a player. But in a small squad that has signed new players and has changed formation he could be surplus at the end of the season.

I suppose it will depend which division we are in and who PW has in mind for new signings 

I’m a josh fan ( got a soft spot for the lad )  but like Archie I think this could be his last season at the shay , I think it’s quite clear he doesn’t fit into P Ws  plans and formations, it’ll be a shame if he goes ,  to me a real dedicated  shayman, I know when he joined the shaymen he cadged a lift most of the the time with Niel oAspin  ( he didn’t drive ) an the times he didn’t have a lift he’d come on the train  from the north east for training, not many would do that these days

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I think I’m right in saying that he scored 20 or more goals for Marske United the season before he joined us. He also scored a couple for Whitley Bay during his loan earlier this season, so there are goals in him, but it hasn’t happened with us, sadly. Great little winger though.

12 minutes ago, andrich said:

I think I’m right in saying that he scored 20 or more goals for Marske United the season before he joined us. He also scored a couple for Whitley Bay during his loan earlier this season, so there are goals in him, but it hasn’t happened with us, sadly. Great little winger though.

True.

4 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Why couldn't he play wing back? Many wingers get transformed into wing backs. Danny Williams seems to be doing ok. 

Because in three years he has not made one tackle 

• Like 1

I am nit a fan .. I don’t mind the lad .. he has talent on the ball .. and can put in a decent cross .. but he can’t tackle has only scored ? twice not a good enough return for a forward 

had hoped he would grow as a player but he has not 

full or promise ...yes .. just doesn’t deliver 

Compare Allen to Josh 

which would you pick... I want all our players to be successful.. I had high hope for Josh but in the end he has just not grown into the player we all wanted 

Edited by Nick

I compare the the comments made on TSS  versus those on Josh 

One can barely do a single thing right, witness yesterday day scores one and sets up one and many on here just say he was “luck” it his his foot etc 

the other can do a thing wrong in many peoples eyes and yet he probably has a worse goal record than brown and Clarke our central defenders 

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

I compare the the comments made on TSS  versus those on Josh 

One can barely do a single thing right, witness yesterday day scores one and sets up one and many on here just say he was “luck” it his his foot etc 

the other can do a thing wrong in many peoples eyes and yet he probably has a worse goal record than brown and Clarke our central defenders 

Still under the influence, out last night?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nick said:

Compare Allen to Josh 

which would you pick... I want all our players to be successful.. I had high hope for Josh but in the end he has just not grown into the player we all wanted 

Josh has a far better delivery than Allen 

8 hours ago, Nick said:

Because in three years he has not made one tackle 

Think it was against Eastleigh when he got back and made a great tackle only for the clown of a ref to give a penalty, he always worked hard with who was playing right back , 

Needs to be given a chance now with Redshaw and Rodney at the club. His delivery could make the difference particularly with quality finishers like those two. Saw the frustration from Redshaw again from the delivery on the right just prior to the 1st goal. Poor defending led to the goal.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Needs to be given a chance now with Redshaw and Rodney at the club. His delivery could make the difference particularly with quality finishers like those two. Saw the frustration from Redshaw again from the delivery on the right just prior to the 1st goal. Poor defending led to the goal.

So who would drop .. the only choice really is between Allen and MacDonald 

Try naming an 11 in a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 

The new system doesn’t suit a number of players at the club and Josh is one of them.

oh for 4-4-2 whatever happened to it?

Go or stay, Josh can have few complaints, he hasn’t played much partly due to injury, but probably his last run of games in the side was under Heath. He has still been paid throughout and will undoubtedly have to look at a League or two lower. He got 62 minutes on the Wembley turf and not many footballers get to play there.

55 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Lad just hasn’t developed unfortunately 

Lad has had a dreadfull injury past and never got a run of games except at the start if Billy Heaths first season when he had assists for fun. Was sent out on loan and did well but has to really been given the chance to carry that into FCHT first team (yet)