McAlinden

27 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Don't bet on it.

If not injured or ill 

think it’s worth a pint bet 

1 minute ago, Nick said:

If not injured or ill 

think it’s worth a pint bet 

He scored and has an assist at Torquay, some think he is fabulous, even Wild. He could start and Rodney could warm the bench. Gladly buy you a pint otherwise.

22 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

He scored and has an assist at Torquay, some think he is fabulous, even Wild. He could start and Rodney could warm the bench. Gladly buy you a pint otherwise.

:) 

I have no problem with TSS but he is still

learning his trade ..  as Rodney has had a week of full training I really can’t imagine him not starting 

wild has said in the papers how he tried to bring him in at the start of the season but did not have the money

but he has let McAlinden go and it would appear that DB has also put his hand in the pocket it would be unthinkable for him not to start 

nick 

2 hours ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

This does seems to be the revisionist view. I don't know why he started so few games over the last few months, other than Wild feeling he couldn't find a role for him in his then system. McAlinden certainly offered less when playing out wide, but I don't agree with those who say he effectively downed tools. He was getting 15 minutes per game, scored at Stockport with a typically incisive finish and created at least one golden opportunity for TSS in his brief cameo at Barnet. I would have liked him to stay, but maybe he wanted more football and/or Wild wanted a different type of forward. I hope he doesn't become another Quigley.

I’m not into revisionism. He wasn’t selected because his performances were poor when he was. The left side of midfield position was his if he wanted it enough. I don’t doubt his ability. He is just another in a long line of footballers who down tools and go through the motions near the end of their contract when they think they deserve better. Maynard and Kosylo to name two. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

That’s it Trev, goal and assist Redders & TSS up front Rodders on’t bench

8 minutes ago, Guido said:

I am not one of those that think he is fabulous. Cleaning boots in the changing room for TSS.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Guido said:

No FFS!! If he got a goal and assist and helped the team more often I’d say yes. But he doesn’t do anything so Cleaning the boots will do for me. 

Rodders and Redshaw upfront, Cam King playing the passes through. Simple. 

Redshaw and TSS means hoofball and half the chances created :)

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 1

Very hard to drop when has scored and an assist for the 2nd.

TSS & Redders to start, Will be surprised if any different.

Edited by Guido

I’d like someone to look through all the goals we’ve scored this season and see how many TTS has been involved in. You might all be surprised.

3 minutes ago, Ash said:

I’d like someone to look through all the goals we’ve scored this season and see how many TTS has been involved in. You might all be surprised.

I'd like you to recall how many times he has fell on his arse without being put there by an opponent, how many crosses he has not got on the end of, how many shots he hasn't had when given the opportunity, how many headers he has won, how many opponents he has gone past with the ball, how many chances he has created for himself, on and on and on and on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ash said:

Im interested in strikers who do their job and score goals.... not how many they have been involved in. TSS only started against torquay because Allen was ill. Got to be Rodney  and Redshaw up top, if not then go back to Allen and Redshaw who had good games against Barnet.  No way shouid Tobi start 

So if Rodney or Redshaw get assists they shouldn’t be considered either?

The fact people are happy to see our second top scorer cleaning boots is actually quite stupid just because there are better players now at the club. If we get to Wembley or promoted he is just as responsible as anyone else who has played a key part in the squad

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Im interested in strikers who do their job and score goals.... not how many they have been involved in. TSS only started against torquay because Allen was ill. Got to be Rodney  and Redshaw up top, if not then go back to Allen and Redshaw who had good games against Barnet.  No way shouid Tobi start 

Allen has done very little all season.

15 minutes ago, Ash said:

So if Rodney or Redshaw get assists they shouldn’t be considered either?

The fact people are happy to see our second top scorer cleaning boots is actually quite stupid just because there are better players now at the club. If we get to Wembley or promoted he is just as responsible as anyone else who has played a key part in the squad

2nd top scorer. Not really hard is it when he was our MAIN striker and had played pretty much every game this season. 

You would hope he was up there on top scorers as he’s a main striker but he’s not good enough and now we have better strikers MUCH better strikers. 

Bet you had a lovely night on Saturday watching the highlights. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Allen has done very little all season.

He has done a better  job than most and a hell lot more than Sho. 

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

2nd top scorer. Not really hard is it when he was our MAIN striker and had played pretty much every game this season. 

You would hope he was up there on top scorers as he’s a main striker but he’s not good enough and now we have better strikers MUCH better strikers. 

Bet you had a lovely night on Saturday watching the highlights. :rolleyes:

Is it 5 goals, two of which were going in anyway and deflected off him?

4 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Think the TSS in depth assessment has now been done to death, time to find another target.

And its not even me who starts it now.:)

5 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Think the TSS in depth assassination has now been done to death, time to find another target.

Amended for you Roy. Wish they would leave the lad alone and let him get on with it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scouse Shayman said:

Amended for you Roy. Wish they would leave the lad alone and let him get on with it

Aye, there are a lot of boots to clean.

33 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

He has done a better  job than most and a hell lot more than Sho. 

Not really, 2 goals and probably less assists. 

1 minute ago, greygoose said:

Not really, 2 goals and probably less assists. 

Performances are light years ahead.

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Thank god Allen was ill, Tobi contributed more in that game than Allen has for weeks 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Thank god Allen was ill, Tobi contributed more in that game than Allen has for weeks 

Tobi contributed more in that game than he has in is own career.