• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tobi works hard, he's a nice lad, keeps his head down and seems a good body to have around the team. However, he has had more than half a season with little in return in the past few months in th

Too boring. I'd rather someone who doesn't attend games tells us the best formation. Or the one who wants to play with three wingers.

Redshaw, Rodney, Cam King & Allen could destroy any team in this league when settled in together.

6 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Strangely if we had signed him under the same circumstances from Stockport we would be feeling that we had purchased a diamond.

Exactly - as soon as any player leaves us they become rubbish/lazy/d*ckheads/disloyal (choose any one)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Che Bentos said:

McAlinden is lightning quick with an eye for goal. If Quigley can bang them in at Barrow, McAlinden has potential to do even better at Stockport if played in the right position. 

Macalinden is not lightning quick? 

2 minutes ago, Grayski said:

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season now pans out for us and Stockport

Indeed. However they’re signing a player tomorrow I believe. Also after 3/4 players so we will see if they’re any good or not. 

I hope Rodney and Redshaw start upfront together with King also playing. But that would mean a change in formation I think. 

6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Indeed. However they’re signing a player tomorrow I believe. Also after 3/4 players so we will see if they’re any good or not. 

I hope Rodney and Redshaw start upfront together with King also playing. But that would mean a change in formation I think. 

Think that works well with the 5-3-2 formation 

18 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Could also mean the almost ever present fan favourite TSS on the bench or cleaning boots.

1 hour ago, greg45 said:

Exactly - as soon as any player leaves us they become rubbish/lazy/d*ckheads/disloyal (choose any one)

Not so, my opinion on McAlindon has not changed, good footballer, quick feet, eye for a pass & a goal, lost interest when talk of a move emerged, disappointed, none of the above.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Strangely if we had signed him under the same circumstances from Stockport we would be feeling that we had purchased a diamond.

i wouldn't and neither would anyone who could see further than end of their nose.

I've just been talking a fella at work who knows a players parent at Rotherham and apparently Liam was training with them all last week,  they thought he was a defo new signing but then it never came off as they were offered a more high profile player last minute,  so!  If true I feel stockport have got there selfs a blinking good player and one that we have bedded into this league,  I liked him from the start and still think his dip in form was down to an overall team dip in form due to injuries ect,  I wish we could have kept hold of him personally but I wish him good luck. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Buddy said:

I've just been talking a fella at work who knows a players parent at Rotherham and apparently Liam was training with them all last week,  they thought he was a defo new signing but then it never came off as they were offered a more high profile player last minute,  so!  If true I feel stockport have got there selfs a blinking good player and one that we have bedded into this league,  I liked him from the start and still think his dip in form was down to an overall team dip in form due to injuries ect,  I wish we could have kept hold of him personally but I wish him good luck. 

So you are taking the fact a fellas parent at work saw he was at training to decide they have a blinking good player?

I’d say from the 20 games he played for us he’s a decent player.

5 minutes ago, Guido said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Redshaw & TSS start on Saturday with Rodders on the bench. 

Won’t happen Rodney and Redshaw will start 

TSS on the bench 

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Yeh maybe so but I think they both have to start together with Cam King threading the passes through to them. 

And barring injuries or illness 

those three will start .. no doubts whatsoever 

40 minutes ago, Guido said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Redshaw & TSS start on Saturday with Rodders on the bench. 

Then Wild would be silly as he’s not starting his best 11. Now we have decent strikers he has to start Rodney and Redshaw up front with Cam King behind. 

18 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

McAlindon stopped playing for us a couple of months ago, didn't want to risk injury and miss out on a FL contract, he thought he had done enough for us to land one. What went wrong Liam?

He is a player above this level, so well done Stockport. Just at what point will he decide he needs a new contract somewhere else, and lose interest. See you in the play offs (without him).

This does seems to be the revisionist view. I don't know why he started so few games over the last few months, other than Wild feeling he couldn't find a role for him in his then system. McAlinden certainly offered less when playing out wide, but I don't agree with those who say he effectively downed tools. He was getting 15 minutes per game, scored at Stockport with a typically incisive finish and created at least one golden opportunity for TSS in his brief cameo at Barnet. I would have liked him to stay, but maybe he wanted more football and/or Wild wanted a different type of forward. I hope he doesn't become another Quigley.