Sign in to follow this  
archietaylor7

McAlinden

Ipswich Town for Liam...big step up if true.

They have been struggling recently. 

He will bang in 15 goals now for them.

I will be watching goal zone on sky...

Ex Halifax Town reject  bags hatrick on debut.

6 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

So part of the modern game is to put your top scorer either on the bench or the wing then moan about him not scoring and wanting to leave.

Anyway, we knew at the start he was only signed for half a season.

Does not matter now , Redshaw has already proved he is a cut above anything we have got at the moment.

Just hope he isn't given The Halifax Town Antidote.

Mcalindon played on the wing all the time here, only when he stopped scoring was it mentioned. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scampyharris said:

No he didn’t. He “lead” the line against Aldershot and really was sh1t!

Not as sh1t as Sho.

3 minutes ago, scampyharris said:

Give Sho a bit more time Trev, he’ll be reet. Trust me.

Hope so but very much doubt it. Cannot shoot, head or beat a man. All the attributes of Godfrey Obebo.

14 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Hope so but very much doubt it. Cannot shoot, head or beat a man. All the attributes of Godfrey Obebo.

Ah, but if PW asked him to warm up would he go into the changing room and sit next to the radiator?

10 hours ago, nw3casc1 said:

Ipswich Town for Liam...big step up if true.

They have been struggling recently. 

He will bang in 15 goals now for them.

I will be watching goal zone on sky...

Ex Halifax Town reject  bags hatrick on debut.

McAlinden is not an FCHT reject. He was on a short term contract that HE has chosen not to extend. Effectively he has achieved what he set out to do when he came here. He put himself in the window, bagged a good goal ratio that set teams looking at him and now has the choice of several offers to pick from. I'd say well done McAlinden and thanks for the goals that may see us challenge for the play offs. But I'd rather have Redshaw.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, scampyharris said:

Give Sho a bit more time Trev, he’ll be reet. Trust me.

He's had half a season leading the line compared to McAlinden leading the line once. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Unfortunately for some, TSS has proven that he can actually score goals and assist when he isn't played as an holding striker

Agreed. 

Both trophy games he has done very well and no coincidence that is with Redshaw and a big part of the burden taken off him. 

33 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Agreed. 

Both trophy games he has done very well and no coincidence that is with Redshaw and a big part of the burden taken off him. 

Weeks ago in a different thread I pointed out that as far as I'm concerned Tobi has the making of a good front man/target man. But what I said was that he needed someone to show him/help him to achieve his potential. I think it was before Redshaw joined us, or definitely before Redshaw played, but I suggested Browny & Clarky working with him to teach him how to play the role when up against big lumbering defenders. It's no coincidence that Tobi's two best recent games have been partnering Redshaw in a two up front. An experienced player leading a young guy, showing him where he wants him to be and when. It has to be taught and it has to be learned. We might possibly see a completely different Tobi if he is given the opportunity to play up front with Jack on a regular basis.

Edited by archietaylor7

I've no idea why when a front two pairing was dropped from favour by the elite clubs, Conference level clubs also started playing a single target man up front.

At this level a decent quick front two always causes more problems for defences. Hope Rodney and Redshaw are played that way for the rest of the season. RAR.

9 hours ago, ewalsh said:

Agreed. 

I think that even I would do well playing alongside Redshaw. I agree with Splitdown Man: one up front was seen as the reserve of defensive away teams in the olden days. Get four up front like Billy Ayre did  (Allen=Andy Watson, Sho Silva = Wayne Allison, Redshaw = Terry McPhillips...damn! - McAlinden was going to be my teapot Neil Matthews!). 

On 1/12/2020 at 5:52 PM, Shaytrev said:

Did he play in Serie A though?