Sign in to follow this  
TJAshton

Rodney!!!!

1 minute ago, Shay said:

This is a very positive thread. Am I on Shaymen.net or am I on drugs!? 

Possibly both!

2 minutes ago, Shay said:

This is a very positive thread. Am I on Shaymen.net or am I on drugs!? 

Probably both. 

great signing , the assault on the playoffs begins today ! Rodnaldo and Redshaw up top  will be a force to be reckoned with. Great work to all involved. 

30 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

An all ticket play off home game against Stockport will do. We might best the Bradford attendance and gain a new record attendance for the new club.

We can dream but it could become a reality.

Think Notts Co could be equally as big if not bigger 

2 minutes ago, Curva Sud said:

This time next year we could be in the football league 

“Don’t be a plonker all your life” This year we will be in the football league! 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic news, well done DB, PW and others. Looking forward to being entertained and with it a positive Shay atmosphere, increased gates and if things go in our favour a chance of the playoffs. When is our next home game it’s like Xmas again

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Think Notts Co could be equally as big if not bigger 

I'd be happy with either although I think Stockport have the better away following out of the two. Nearer to travel too I suppose.

Tonight I am glad to be proved wrong. I maintained during the summer that there was no way we could afford Rodney's wages outright so unless Salford are paying part of them it is a major coupe for the club.

14 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Tonight I am glad to be proved wrong. I maintained during the summer that there was no way we could afford Rodney's wages outright so unless Salford are paying part of them it is a major coupe for the club.

This is about 3 months wages .. not a years 

Before everyone gets carried away, a reality check for everyone !!

Remember "Steve Kerrigan" Golden boy one season. Couldn't hit a barn door from 3 yards the next :doh:

Edited by Guido
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Guido said:

Remember "Steve Kerrigan" Golden boy one season. Couldn't hit a barn door from 3 yards the next :doh:

Go back to bed and get out the other side.:o

1 hour ago, Guido said:

Come on Guido. This is a great signing and we know what Rodney can do. Him, Redshaw and Cam King will be a good attack. 

It’s Friday Cheer Up! 

14 minutes ago, monk said:

But he will be forever remembered for his bicycle kick goal from outside the area away at Rochdale .

I remember that day for the brutality of the police after the game....

• Like 1

Whilst sharing everyone’s enthusiasm for our recent additions of Redshaw and Rodney  I feel we need further strengthening with a creative midfielder. We rely heavily on Cam King who has fitness issues and Cooper,s weakest part of his game is his distribution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Come on Guido. This is a great signing and we know what Rodney can do. Him, Redshaw and Cam King will be a good attack. 

It’s Friday Cheer Up! 

He´s just being a miserable sod taking over from big brother.:lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bill Atkins said:

Whilst sharing everyone’s enthusiasm for our recent additions of Redshaw and Rodney  I feel we need further strengthening with a creative midfielder. We rely heavily on Cam King who has fitness issues and Cooper,s weakest part of his game is his distribution.

I actually agree with you on this one:)

We do rely on Cam King and when he doesn’t start or when he comes off all the creativity in midfield disappears as we rely on him too much. 

However wild did say it’s a one in one out basis so McCoulsky has gone and Rodney brought in. If Southwell and Macalinden go that has to mean we go out and get a creative midfielder 

3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I actually agree with you on this one:)

We do rely on Cam King and when he doesn’t start or when he comes off all the creativity in midfield disappears as we rely on him too much. 

However wild did say it’s a one in one out basis so McCoulsky has gone and Rodney brought in. If Southwell and Macalinden go that has to mean we go out and get a creative midfielder 

Dan Gardner, is just coming back from injury after a long time out, ala Redshaw.

He knows the club, was with Oldham last season and we all know what he can bring to the table. 

1 minute ago, shaymen down under said:

Dan Gardner, is just coming back from injury after a long time out, ala Redshaw.

He knows the club, was with Oldham last season and we all know what he can bring to the table. 

We do but I just feel he’s been out too long and hasn’t played much at all. But then again so did Redshaw. I just think an extra creative midfielder to help King would set us up perfectly 

Edited by TJAshton