Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SHAY man 2

Southwell

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Mm, that's interesting. I wonder if we are looking for a fee? I would think if he's happy to make the move and he's agreed terms then we'd let him go.

If this doesn't happen then it looks like it's a problem over wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Been told that one of the younger lads has signed a first team contract today. Jay Benn

Class act is Jay. Very skilful and played a lot up front. Can score goals. Good signing by the club just make sure they give him a chance in the first team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Class act is Jay. Very skilful and played a lot up front. Can score goals. Good signing by the club just make sure they give him a chance in the first team.

If he is deemed good enough I am sure the manager will give him a chance. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Class act is Jay. Very skilful and played a lot up front. Can score goals. Good signing by the club just make sure they give him a chance in the first team.

I would imagine he'll go out in loan a bit next season in the lower league's to see how he fairs.

A very positive sign for all concerned. If young players know there's a chance they can progress through to first team and maybe Football League then they might start knocking back bigger clubs in favour of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I would imagine he'll go out in loan a bit next season in the lower league's to see how he fairs.

A very positive sign for all concerned. If young players know there's a chance they can progress through to first team and maybe Football League then they might start knocking back bigger clubs in favour of us.

Both him and Jake Taylor have recently been out on loan at Danny Forrest's Silsden and understand Benn is Brighouse bound.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, chadders said:

Both him and Jake Taylor have recently been out on loan at Danny Forrest's Silsden and understand Benn is Brighouse bound.

Is Danny still playing or just managing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Mm, that's interesting. I wonder if we are looking for a fee? I would think if he's happy to make the move and he's agreed terms then we'd let him go.

If this doesn't happen then it looks like it's a problem over wages.

I doubt were looking for a fee but Southwell is probably looking for a settlement as he wont get the same money elsewhere.

If he gets a pay out then it will bridge the gap for him, basically we just need shut of him one way ir another.

Edited by greygoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Mm, that's interesting. I wonder if we are looking for a fee? I would think if he's happy to make the move and he's agreed terms then we'd let him go.

If this doesn't happen then it looks like it's a problem over wages.

The Rodney deal wouldn't have been possible if Southwell was still on the wage bill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Statto said:

The Rodney deal wouldn't have been possible if Southwell was still on the wage bill.

May have agreed to leave but still registered Halifax player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...