Sign in to follow this  
SHAY man 2

Southwell

21 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Mm, that's interesting. I wonder if we are looking for a fee? I would think if he's happy to make the move and he's agreed terms then we'd let him go.

If this doesn't happen then it looks like it's a problem over wages.

23 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Been told that one of the younger lads has signed a first team contract today. Jay Benn

Class act is Jay. Very skilful and played a lot up front. Can score goals. Good signing by the club just make sure they give him a chance in the first team.

8 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Class act is Jay. Very skilful and played a lot up front. Can score goals. Good signing by the club just make sure they give him a chance in the first team.

If he is deemed good enough I am sure the manager will give him a chance. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

I would imagine he'll go out in loan a bit next season in the lower league's to see how he fairs.

A very positive sign for all concerned. If young players know there's a chance they can progress through to first team and maybe Football League then they might start knocking back bigger clubs in favour of us.

8 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I would imagine he'll go out in loan a bit next season in the lower league's to see how he fairs.

A very positive sign for all concerned. If young players know there's a chance they can progress through to first team and maybe Football League then they might start knocking back bigger clubs in favour of us.

Both him and Jake Taylor have recently been out on loan at Danny Forrest's Silsden and understand Benn is Brighouse bound.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chadders said:

Both him and Jake Taylor have recently been out on loan at Danny Forrest's Silsden and understand Benn is Brighouse bound.

Is Danny still playing or just managing?

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Mm, that's interesting. I wonder if we are looking for a fee? I would think if he's happy to make the move and he's agreed terms then we'd let him go.

I doubt were looking for a fee but Southwell is probably looking for a settlement as he wont get the same money elsewhere.

If he gets a pay out then it will bridge the gap for him, basically we just need shut of him one way ir another.

Edited by greygoose

14 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

The Rodney deal wouldn't have been possible if Southwell was still on the wage bill.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Statto said:

The Rodney deal wouldn't have been possible if Southwell was still on the wage bill.

May have agreed to leave but still registered Halifax player.