Piece Hall/The Shay

1 hour ago, eddies mate said:

Similar to ours.Obviously varies due to level of away support/season ticketing policy/freebies etc.

Cheers EM, but that then goes to prove that The Shay as it is, is not a good ground for either club. CCMB need to have a real think about it's uses going forward. What we need as a Football Club is that old chestnut, a major investor who will inject enough cash into the club which for me would include the building of a new purpose built ground.

Edited by archietaylor7
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Which would you rather have: The Shay we have now, or a poxy industrial unit down the arse end of an industrial estate like Chester have? Anyone who has any notion of us moving from the Shay as i

You mentioned a new purpose built ground. I have seen enough of that type of cheap rubbish at the likes of Chester and Scunthorpe. Grounds with no history, no soul. There would no longer be Shaymen, S

The Piece Hall has made a loss of £800k in their 2nd year of trading though that is being ignored given the linked benefits to the Town such as additional footfall spending their money, not just in th

1 minute ago, archietaylor7 said:

Cheers EM, but that then goes to prove that The Shay as it is, is not a good ground for either club. CCMB need to have a real think about it's uses going forward. What we need as a Football Club is that old chestnut, a major investor who will inject enough cash into the club which for me would include the building of a new purpose built ground.

If we've currently got so much spare room ? Why do people keep pinching my space :lol:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Bubba said:

Thanks for this.

it shows what a good deal we get from the Council.

Any Skircoat development would have to come from, as the reports says, private partners in the form of hotel or housing development, I doubt retail is the answer any more (unless Aldi or Lidl think differently).

We have to start working together with the Rugby club, it hurts to say it, but collaborative work on the Skircoat might help rebuild the relationship that was destroyed by them.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Thanks for this.

it shows what a good deal we get from the Council.

Any Skircoat development would have to come from, as the reports says, private partners in the form of hotel or housing development, I doubt retail is the answer any more (unless Aldi or Lidl think differently).

We have to start working together with the Rugby club, it hurts to say it, but collaborative work on the Skircoat might help rebuild the relationship that was destroyed by them.

I think car parks on part of the land and money spent on a new smaller Skircoat stand and facilities, toilets access etc. I suppose there could be some sort of retail units but seeing as highstreet shopping is taking such a bit I'm not sure it would be the best option. Now a large real ale pub................

2 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

Bollocks.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, archietaylor7 said:

You really need to open up you vocabulary and say it as you see it. I really dont get why you would be so objectional to any kind of development that would ultimately aid the club.

Leaving The Shay would not be aiding the Club, it would be killing it.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Leaving The Shay would not be aiding the Club, it would be killing it.

Re-developement of the West & North areas is not leaving the Shay, its making it more fit for purpose and the advancement of FCHT, The Rugby Club & the general populace of Halifax/Calderdale

26 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

Re-developement of the West & North areas is not leaving the Shay, its making it more fit for purpose and the advancement of FCHT, The Rugby Club & the general populace of Halifax/Calderdale

You mentioned a new purpose built ground. I have seen enough of that type of cheap rubbish at the likes of Chester and Scunthorpe. Grounds with no history, no soul. There would no longer be Shaymen, Shaygirls. The Shay is our ancestral home. There can be no other place for The Shaymen of Halifax Town.

• Like 4