Sign in to follow this  
Bubba

Piece Hall/The Shay

13 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

I love people with such mastery of the English language.

The only response your post deserved.

6 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Duh!

We could climb the football pyramid. FFS.

Oh yeah that simple, clearly the clubs fault we cant fill the ground, pull your finger out DB ha ha.

3 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Oh yeah that simple, clearly the clubs fault we cant fill the ground, pull your finger out DB ha ha.

Nobody said it was simple but it is possible. It has been proved by Accrington, Scunthorpe, Rochdale, Doncaster, Wimbledon, Cheltenham, Crawley and more. If you want to watch none league forever then bugger off to BPA.

Think small and you get what you deserve . What would be the logistical benefits of an hotel or shops on the Skircoat ? Why does it matter if the South East corner is completed or not ?  What size stadium do people think we should have ? Where should this stadium be ? 

30 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Think small and you get what you deserve . What would be the logistical benefits of an hotel or shops on the Skircoat ? Why does it matter if the South East corner is completed or not ?  What size stadium do people think we should have ? Where should this stadium be ? 

You surprise me WB. I've always considered you one of the more level headed contributors to these threads. I would have thought you would appreciate the development of the Huddersfield Rd side of the ground. If a developer was to build an hotel and some shops and also include a stand why would that not be a good thing? It could be written in to any agreement with developers that it has to be part of the proposal. And why not just finish the South East corner, it looks really bad to potential investors on any level. They dont need to complete the internals but the external cladding wouldn't cost that much in reality. How long has it stood unfinished?? Plus it surprises me that it's never been flagged up as an H&S issue. Just as a matter of interest, what size crowds do the egg chasers pull in these days? 

Edited by archietaylor7

35 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

Just as a matter of interest, what size crowds do the egg chasers pull in these days? 

at the moment, 0 :)

“Your stadium is too big for you”. It’s annoying when some southern team’s 30 supporters sing it at The Shay, but sadly they are probably correct. The original plans for capacity were pushed by the rugby club who had a Super League target capacity of (I think) 13,000 and the original plan was for 15,000. Why at the time no one queried it, given that both teams combined could not fill that capacity at any time in the previous 20 years, is something along with why those same proposers seemingly never had a formal financial arrangement on how the new Shay would be paid for.

The lack of a formal financial plan meant that the development didn’t happen in full, leaving an embarrassing partial building site in the hands of the Shay Stadium Trust, who attempted to use the value of the entire site to complete the job and various developers came along with their version of what it would look like and how they would fund it with “commercial” development. In the end none of them could justify the project, flats, shops, offices seemingly unable to cover the costs of the projected Stadium. Remarkably the Stadium Trust managed to persuade Calderdale Council to take over the Stadium and build the East Stand, just a few years previously the Council had proposed selling the Shay and they were now committing £millions to it instead.

The Council haven’t been able to maximise the revenue potential of the Stadium. However badly or expensively the Council have operated the stadium they have never included in their costs the repayments on the loan and interest. The reality is Stadiums are expensive, both to build and run, ours is bigger than we need and we don’t pay the full costs from the development or the running costs. Moving to a smaller stadium is a non starter, it would rely on the Shay being sold for commercial development and the proceeds used to build again somewhere else. The smaller stadium would be cheaper to run, but we don’t pay the full cost now so we probably would be substantially worse off if we had to meet our full share of the new stadium running costs.

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

Nobody said it was simple but it is possible. It has been proved by Accrington, Scunthorpe, Rochdale, Doncaster, Wimbledon, Cheltenham, Crawley and more. If you want to watch none league forever then bugger off to BPA.

So becuse i dont believe its a case of the club simply 'pulling its finger out' to reach the FL means i love non league? Ok Trev

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I love this argument, think big and achieve big? Erm not really if you dont have money to back it up most of the time. 

The facts are the ground is too big for its residents, end of.

3 minutes ago, greygoose said:

The facts are the ground is too big for its residents, end of.

At the moment. 

No ambition is getting us nowhere.

A little ambition will be the start of, not the end of.

• Like 1

The club have had a couple of crowds over 7000 so the fans will go if there's a successful team to watch.

Given the choice I feel it's better to have surplus requirement than wishing we had a bigger ground.

• Like 3

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Are the loan repayments for the East Stand included in those figures ?

The rent income figures look quite a bit shy of the rent income figures we are lead to believe the clubs pay ?

Club figures possibly exclude VAT, as this would be calculated at year end!

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Are the loan repayments for the East Stand included in those figures ?

The rent income figures look quite a bit shy of the rent income figures we are lead to believe the clubs pay ?

Ive asked the question on the first part and thought the same on the 2nd. Overall though its a fairly positive document.

11 hours ago, Shayite 432 said:

Which would you rather have: The Shay we have now, or a poxy industrial unit down the arse end of an industrial estate like Chester have?

Anyone who has any notion of us moving from the Shay as it is too big, will be condemning us to a fate like them, who wants to go to Lowfields?

Which brings us back to redevelopment of the existing ground. Calderdale Council need to push very Hard to get the Huddersfield Rd land redeveloped, I'm thinking Travelodge may well have been the Hotel chain interested in the site. Prime location for a hotel, the ground as it stands is not good, the east Stand & South Stands are fine, its the other two sides that need to be sorted. There is also a large piece of land on the other side of Huddersfield Rd that could be developed into shops & parking etc. It's time CCMB started thinking outside the box because Halifax as a Town is dying on it's ass.

The income from car parking is eye watering, can more space be found to extend this asset ? Could this be the West Stand redevelopment long term solution, is it logistically feasible to create a car park off the Skircoat ?

12 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The income from car parking is eye watering, can more space be found to extend this asset ? Could this be the West Stand redevelopment long term solution, is it logistically feasible to create a car park off the Skircoat ?

It could be an answer to the eyesore in the corner - the offices that never were and perhaps another cat park on the opposite corner where the dreaded Shay micro climate is at its worst. They could be incirporated into existing space without overspill and you could maybe do up to the Skircoat and keep the trees too.

1 hour ago, archietaylor7 said:

Can anyone give me an answer to my earlier question please? What crowds do the rugby pull in per home game?

@eddies mate should know he goes to most games.

1 hour ago, archietaylor7 said:

Can anyone give me an answer to my earlier question please? What crowds do the rugby pull in per home game?

Similar to ours.Obviously varies due to level of away support/season ticketing policy/freebies etc.