Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
archietaylor7

Tin Pot Trophies

Recommended Posts

To add onto the list of our countries list of Tin Pot Trophies I'm now going to add the FA Cup. It's literally become a joke in my opinion. I just turned on the Liverpool v Everton match and I am watching Liverpools juniors.  I'm not interested in all this squad crap that's punted about these days, I've vented on the subject many times. It's the paying public that are short changed time after time. It's a disgrace. Watford fielded a team showing 9 changes, Brighton 8, Man U played a strong team but they're shite anyway. At least Man City played a few name players. And then the best of all, Dean Smith the Aston Villa Manager comes out and quite openly admits he had no interest in the game anyway having lost to Fulham who themselves couldn't be bothered to field a full team. And as for fairness across the board, VAR, much as I hate it, should either be used at every cup game being played or not used at any game. Why should some games have the advantage/dis-advantage of the system and not others. Our National game is being ruined beyond belief.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Liverpool selection is a joke, 13 points clear at the top of the table, champions league doesn't start again for another 6 weeks and they have a first team squad of 25 players available to them. At least other teams have selected teams from their 1st teams squad. 

Edited by Papa Lazarou
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

To add onto the list of our countries list of Tin Pot Trophies I'm now going to add the FA Cup. It's literally become a joke in my opinion. I just turned on the Liverpool v Everton match and I am watching Liverpools juniors.  I'm not interested in all this squad crap that's punted about these days, I've vented on the subject many times. It's the paying public that are short changed time after time. It's a disgrace. Watford fielded a team showing 9 changes, Brighton 8, Man U played a strong team but they're shite anyway. At least Man City played a few name players. And then the best of all, Dean Smith the Aston Villa Manager comes out and quite openly admits he had no interest in the game anyway having lost to Fulham who themselves couldn't be bothered to field a full team. And as for fairness across the board, VAR, much as I hate it, should either be used at every cup game being played or not used at any game. Why should some games have the advantage/dis-advantage of the system and not others. Our National game is being ruined beyond belief.

Couldn't agree more. There was a time when the FA Cup was THE cup to win - it had all the glamour, and when a First Division team was toppled by a minnow, it really was a big story (as with Town and Man City). Cup Final day was the biggest event in the footballing calendar - then the money and men in grey suits ruined it all and convinced others that the money's with the Premier League and Europe, and that what they think it's all about. It's a disgrace. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

The Liverpool selection is a joke, 13 points clear at the top of the table, champions league doesn't start again for another 6 weeks and they have a first team squad of 25 players available to them. At least other teams have selected teams from their 1st teams squad. 

Sheffield Unt v Fylde :- Sheffield fielded a team where the players had a combined total of 14 Premier League starts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with all said .. the authorities have not help with the Xmas football schedule.. and with the FA cup being the last of the schedule has just caused many clubs to treat it as a rest weekend 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

I suppose in both Wilder and Klopps defence they can turn round and say they won the tie

Played great football in a massive game,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Nick said:

Agree with all said .. the authorities have not help with the Xmas football schedule.. and with the FA cup being the last of the schedule has just caused many clubs to treat it as a rest weekend 

 

The Xmas football schedule is the most popular time for football in England. Long may that be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I suppose in both Wilder and Klopps defence they can turn round and say they won the tie

I dont and never would question the ability of the players who turned out for their respective clubs. Just to be playing within those clubs means you are a real talent. It is the distain and disrespect to the fans/paying public that I question. I bet Liverpool & Sheffield, Watford & Brighton and all the others didn't lower the price at the gate to reflect the changes.

Also, as for the Christmas fixture list, this used to be the working mans time to go and enjoy watching several games over his/her holiday period, after all are we not talking about the entertainment business any longer. If a person (athlete) earning anywhere between £3 - 10million per year cant play 3 games in seven days then there is something seriously wrong with how we look at modern life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If, out of the blue, Liverpool were docked ten pints for some form of rule break I would laugh my Jürgen Klopp off.

Apart from Chris Wilder and Jamie Vardy the Premier League doesn't exist anymore.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem now is if you were to ask Directors, managers, players and fans of premier league clubs if they would have one choice of Premier league success (including for some just surviving) or winning the FA Cup I would imagine a good 99% would opt for the league over the cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Liverpool will dominate English football for the next 5 years 

Not so sure about that? Think Man City will have something to say about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

The Xmas football schedule is the most popular time for football in England. Long may that be.

But then move the FA cup to the following  weekend .. and then it might have a better chance of being taken seriously 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, townmad said:

The problem now is if you were to ask Directors, managers, players and fans of premier league clubs if they would have one choice of Premier league success (including for some just surviving) or winning the FA Cup I would imagine a good 99% would opt for the league over the cup.

And when you look at the prize money it’s hard to argue with their reasoning tbh. A couple of million for winning the FA Cup or a couple of hundred million for for staying in the Premier League. I think the best way to have teams take it seriously again is to reduce the number of Champions League places to 3 in the Premier League and give one to the winner of the FA Cup

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm correct in saying that Ian Holloways Blackpool were heavily fined a few seasons ago for failing to field their strongest team in a league match because they chose to save players for a following game a few days later that he considered a winnable game with his full squad!! If this is the case then the FA should give Blackpool their money back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Not so sure about that? Think Man City will have something to say about that. 

They are playing arguably the best football this country has seen, pace, aggression, defensively solid. We have all seen today what they have for the future. City are way short of them at the moment and that's with "the best manager in the world" I will be very suprised if Pep is still at City come the end of next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing new here I'm affraid, football only has itself to blame. The money in the PL/CL has devalued the FA cup, the big clubs have always played squad/youth players. What were now seeing is the bottom of the table teams doing the same when realistically its the only thing they might win.

Look at some of the crowds for the games, always less than league games.

Edited by greygoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool rotated their side and won today. What does that tell you about Everton who were playing at full strength?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Annoyingly Liverpool are the best team in Europe and I think will be for atleast 5 years or more. 

That team they played today I thought Everton would beat comfortably but they dominated Everton all over. Pace, Aggression, desire, skill, teamwork and dominated everywhere. 

That young team Liverpool played today would beat atleast half of the premier league which shows how good their youth is as well. Neco Williams, Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott are unbelievable for their age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Liverpool rotated their side and won today. What does that tell you about Everton who were playing at full strength?

It was worse than just rotating , it was basically the Youth team .

Great goal from the lad though , if they have quality like that waiting in the wings then Liverpool will dominate the next 5 years .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Liverpool rotated their side and won today. What does that tell you about Everton who were playing at full strength?

Sorry Ewalsh, they didn't "rotate" their side, they gave their first team Squad the day off and sent in the kids with Adam Lallllaaaaannnaaa ( I know theres l's &a's). Like I say I'm not saying they arnt good enough, but if i'd spent my hard earned cash on a ticket i'd have been well peed off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Annoyingly Liverpool are the best team in Europe and I think will be for atleast 5 years or more. 

That team they played today I thought Everton would beat comfortably but they dominated Everton all over. Pace, Aggression, desire, skill, teamwork and dominated everywhere. 

That young team Liverpool played today would beat atleast half of the premier league which shows how good their youth is as well. Neco Williams, Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott are unbelievable for their age. 

I hope that most of these young kids are English, otherwise English football is going to suffer (again)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

Sorry Ewalsh, they didn't "rotate" their side, they gave their first team Squad the day off and sent in the kids with Adam Lallllaaaaannnaaa ( I know theres l's &a's). Like I say I'm not saying they arnt good enough, but if i'd spent my hard earned cash on a ticket i'd have been well peed off.

I don't think 1 Liverpool fan would have been peed off with what they saw, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ashy1966 said:

Not so sure about that? Think Man City will have something to say about that. 

Pep's contract expires at the end of next season. City will become just one of the next five or six vying for Champions League places. No Aguero, David Silva, and relying on Stones and Walker. No chance. Liverpool's youngsters showed that their future is very bright indeed. IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...