Sign in to follow this  
Flea

Cooper, McAlinden, Redshaw, McCoulsky

Bin mcalinden and get someone else in. We pulled him off scrap heap and he clearly doesn't want to commit until at least the end of the season.  He's been poor lately anyway.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about if Mcalinden leaves free's up space for someone else, would anyone take Rodney on loan? Fits into our current formation better

Just now, Greggs said:

I've been thinking about if Mcalinden leaves free's up space for someone else, would anyone take Rodney on loan? Fits into our current formation better

Who’s this Rodney fella people keep mentioning?

• Like 1

I’d rather have MacAllinden than Rodney. Holding out for a better offer as his agent promises to tout his name around. I think the uncertainty has a) affected his performances and b) has probably influenced the managers decision to bench him recently.

How some can so flippantly say bin the top scorer yet are so obsessed with a player who had a good month is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

I’d rather have MacAllinden than Rodney. Holding out for a better offer as his agent promises to tout his name around. I think the uncertainty has a) affected his performances and b) has probably influenced the managers decision to bench him recently.

How some can so flippantly say bin the top scorer yet are so obsessed with a player who had a good month is beyond me.

We don't play a formation that accommodates Mcalinden anymore. Wild clearly doesn't see him as a striker or he wouldn't be playing a winger upfront every week. If this is the formation we are going to go with surely the budget would be better served on a player who has scored for us in the past?

A more physical striker with skill that many think we are lacking 

I'd love us to keep Mcalinden however from his pov I'm not sure why he would stay when at the moment he's a bench warmer 

Edited by Greggs

33 minutes ago, Ash said:

Yet you made out if was ok for wild to persist with TSS up top :doh:. A player like Rodney had done nothing much until he came to us last season either and made a big difference to our side

45 minutes ago, Ash said:

Ash you was happy to persist with TSS up top ffs:doh: Still can’t believe you thought Rodney was no better than him :lol:

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Greggs said:

We don't play a formation that accommodates Mcalinden anymore. Wild clearly doesn't see him as a striker or he wouldn't be playing a winger upfront every week. If this is the formation we are going to go with surely the budget would be better served on a player who has scored for us in the past?

A more physical striker with skill that many think we are lacking 

I'd love us to keep Mcalinden however from his pov I'm not sure why he would stay when at the moment he's a bench warmer 

I think Allen was originally a striker that then moved out wide. I suppose that most strikers in the modern game have to be flexible and be able to play in most forward positions.

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Bin mcalinden and get someone else in. We pulled him off scrap heap and he clearly doesn't want to commit until at least the end of the season.  He's been poor lately anyway.

If he doesn't get another club O vet you'll see an upturn in his form if he stays with us.

He'll have to put himself in the shop wondow.

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Reluctantly, I have to agree.

I rate Liam a lot and would love him to sign for us, however, if he isn't interested in doing so, then he needs to go now, rather than in a few weeks. He's had an offer off us for a couple of weeks, so I think our club need to say to him "We need a decision one way or another by X date" or the offer is retracted. 

On a personal POV I feel he has been disinterested for the past month or so and it almost feels like he has been playing with his head already elsewhere. If he doesn't want to commit, even though he is a good player, then the fair thing for everyone at our club is for him to depart. 

McAlinden is going, he was tapped up weeks ago and has been trying not to get injured since. Unfortunately the risk we took when allowing him to sign such a short term contract, however if it helps him get back to a higher level of football then I wish him all the best. He has a very good left foot and deserves his chance. Some great goals scored.

He’s clearly seeing what other deals come in. If he’s been tapped up have the offered something? Or is it only our offer that’s on the table?

12 hours ago, Ash said:

He’s clearly seeing what other deals come in. If he’s been tapped up have the offered something? Or is it only our offer that’s on the table?

There is nothing to tap up 

I think his contract has expired so he is free to leave .. it’s now January those who want him should be already offering him things 

I not convinced this is happening .. time to push him out .. and look for someone who wants to play for us 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick said:

There is nothing to tap up 

I think his contract has expired so he is free to leave .. it’s now January those who want him should be already offering him things 

I not convinced this is happening .. time to push him out .. and look for someone who wants to play for us 

Correct. Cant blame him for wanting the best deal he can get but we cant surely just wait around until he decides. Should have said here is our offer,  if youve not accepted it by a certain date then release him

9 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Correct. Cant blame him for wanting the best deal he can get but we cant surely just wait around until he decides. Should have said here is our offer,  if youve not accepted it by a certain date then release him

It's not like he's been a critical player of late though. So hardly a need to rush him. I can't help but feel it would be a waste of budget keeping him considering we no longer play a formation that gets him in the team.  Big fan of his but I can see him going  

10 minutes ago, Greggs said:

It's not like he's been a critical player of late though. So hardly a need to rush him. I can't help but feel it would be a waste of budget keeping him considering we no longer play a formation that gets him in the team.  Big fan of his but I can see him going  

Hopefully his replacement will be though....hate to think we'll miss our target while we wait for someone who doesn't want to be here and doesn't really fit with what we need anyway..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

PW said if he does t except by the end of the week then he's left the club.

The Swindon rumour could have legs at this point, Bradford have recalled Eoin Doyle from them.