Cooper, McAlinden, Redshaw, McCoulsky

Flea

All played their last games for the club today, pending penning new deals. (*Edit to add - McClousky's last game is actually Saturday*)

Sources tell me that Redshaw was offered a short term contract however wanted a longer deal and as of now no agreement has been made. 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to get Redshaw signed up for the rest of the season ASAP. The way he’s played in the last 2 games I would be very surprised if we weren’t trying to sort one out. Just a shame he wasn’t fit enough to play most of the time he’s been here.

I'd give Redshaw whatever he wants. I fail to see how we are going to do better.

I can see Mcalinden going because he hasn't been starting coming up to the end of his deal. 

Cooper I can't see what he brings. Headless chicken springs to mind, seems constantly surprised everytime he gets on the ball. 

The wage we are paying the loan striker needs to be invested in Redshaw. 

Bosomworth needs to pull his finger out and get Redshaw and McAlinden signed, almost £30,000 from the Stockport fans today.

Not bothered about the other two.

We must sign at least one midfielder too.

We shall see how serious this club is in the coming weeks.

7 minutes ago, Flea said:

All played their last games for the club today, pending penning new deals. 

Sources tell me that Redshaw was offered a short term contract however wanted a longer deal and as of now no agreement has been made. 

My guess a Longer deal would have been a 18 month contract?? And I guess we’ve offered him till end of season?

I wouldn’t be too bothered about off loading three, cashing in today’s gate receipts, putting them in a brown bag, and sliding them into Redshaws  back pocket to secure a contact. The lad is a born goal scorer and has a football brain. He’s lasted two full 90 minutes recently, surely he’s worth a punt despite some question marks over his longtime fitness.

Just now, Shaytrev said:

Bosomworth needs to pull his finger out and get Redshaw and McAlinden signed, almost £30,000 from the Stockport fans today.

Not bothered about the other two.

We must sign at least one midfielder too.

We shall see how serious this club is in the coming weeks.

Macalinden flatters to deceive for me, had a decent scoring record at start of season, but is to lightweight for me. Has barely done anything of note since September. Get Redshaw in and somehow entice Walker and Rodney to come from Stockport(their deals are up too from Salford).

8 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Need to get Redshaw signed up for the rest of the season ASAP. The way he’s played in the last 2 games I would be very surprised if we weren’t trying to sort one out. Just a shame he wasn’t fit enough to play most of the time he’s been here.

He hasn’t scored from open play in the last 2 games. Hardly a pay him what he wants type of player

12 hours ago, Ash said:

He hasn’t scored from open play in the last 2 games. Hardly a pay him what he wants type of player

His potential is clearly seen. I hope we do not have to rely on TSS for the rest of the season if either McAlinden and Redshaw go.

Didn't like Mcalinden but in the formation and given a run down the middle I think he is definitely worth trying to keep. 

Redshaw needs to stay if possible

Mccoulsky not bothered would rather he went. 

Cooper was ok but recently his passing has been awful and although he does a lot of running doesn't really offer anything

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

TSS hasn't scored from open play since September but if we had a game tomorrow he would be our only oh lets call him a striker for arguments sake. We are far more threatening with him leading the line, if he wants an 18 month contract let him have it because if fail to see depite Wild saying we can bring good replacments in how we can do better i really don't. This is a league 2 quality striker that has fallen right into our laps. We cannot let him get away. 

When Redshaw got possession and ran at County he was instantly marked by 3 defenders who closed his space down very quickly. That's what a good player he is. County had obviously done their home work on him. Imagine how good a match fit Redshaw could be with a decent strike partner? Take the risk and get him signed.

2 minutes ago, Guido said:

The Guys a creaking gate, we sign him up for 18 Months and he plays let’s say 5 games the majority on here would be up in arms.

The offer to the end of the season is a good one.

So we don't offer him what he wants. He goes. What then? 

I want Redshaw and McAllinden to stay definately. McCoulskey i arent arsed about.

As for Cooper im 60/40 with him going. I dont rate him to be brutally honest but having to get somebody new in will take time for them to bed in and he's more controlled than Maher and Staunton, and King cant play every match. 

Wild has a tough decision regarding him. 

There’s only one player I want to stay out of that lot and that’s Redshaw. Macalinden has done nothing since September. Cooper isn’t good enough and what a pointless signing Mccoulsky was. 

Id also try offload Southwell, not good enough for us and is one of our highest earners. Done nothing at Boston by sounds of it and isn’t good enough for us. 

We will see how ambitious and how much this BOD want us to go up in the next couple of weeks with the incoming signings. 

So get rid of the 4 players I mentioned and try get Redshaw and one other good signing. 

Give redshaw what he wants. Show some balls. He probably is the difference between playoffs and no playoffs. Get in playoffs and we recoup money for him there. Definitely keep mcalinden aswel, good player and will do well in this new system. Cooper would be no loss neither is the lad from forest green.

3 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Give redshaw what he wants. Show some balls. He probably is the difference between playoffs and no playoffs. Get in playoffs and we recoup money for him there. Definitely keep mcalinden aswel, good player and will do well in this new system. Cooper would be no loss neither is the lad from forest green.

Harsh but true. 

22 minutes ago, Guido said:

The Guys a creaking gate, we sign him up for 18 Months and he plays let’s say 5 games the majority on here would be up in arms.

The offer to the end of the season is a good one.

Cooper-not good enough

McAlinden- if he stays Josh will probably go

Redshaw- say´s he will not accept end of season contract will get offer from a club with better budget who can take the risk on 18 months.

McClouskey-  why oh why did we ever sign him.:doh:

We need to keep Redshaw worth a gamble with an 18 month contract.

McAlindon I would also keep does offer something as he showed at the beginning of the season.

Cooper and McClouskey get rid, bring back Earing from loan he’s a better player than Cooper and McClouskey is Edwards in disguise.

Get rid of any other deadwood like Southwell and use what money comes from that to strengthen were we actually need it.

Archived