Sign in to follow this  
mjc12345

Odelusi

Poor lad. He’s invested a lot in it, convinced several professional teams to invest their time into him, but ultimately it is the right decision for him to bow out early. Dropping down the levels didn’t make it easier for him and it takes humility to accept that the writing’s on the wall at what should be the prime of your career. He always seemed friendly with the squad and I hope his decency shows itself in whatever he applies himself towards next.

• Like 3

He never appeared to have the talent or drive to make a semi or pro player to me, probably the correct decision. Good luck to the lad, hope he finds his role in life.

A genuinely very nice lad, I hold no animosity or ill feeling towards him and wish him well.

With that said however, he could arguably be worth a shout for one of the worst players we have ever had. 

31 minutes ago, Flea said:

A genuinely very nice lad, I hold no animosity or ill feeling towards him and wish him well.

With that said however, he could arguably be worth a shout for one of the worst players we have ever had. 

Godfrey Obebo still tops that pile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shame as he came over as a nice guy. Anyone else see benched JBW at the end of the Chesterfield match? High fives, smiles and hugs for his teammates leaving the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Flea said:

PW thought take tobi off and putting odelusi on up top against Wrexham was a good idea. One of the worst spells off the bench ive ever seen, goalscoring chance and tripped himself up

2 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

Shame as he came over as a nice guy. Anyone else see benched JBW at the end of the Chesterfield match? High fives, smiles and hugs for his teammates leaving the pitch. 

Right? And, he knows majority of them. It is what friends do?

58 minutes ago, mjc12345 said:

Right? And, he knows majority of them. It is what friends do?

Indeed. But there's many a footballer who wouldn't be so charitable about being dropped. 

Sad that he never made it.

I work with a former pro, a big striker who plied his trade 20 years ago at the likes of York, Lincoln and Exeter, with a good goalscoring record. In the last year he has to have a back and a hip operation, and is in poor physical health for a man of his years, but at least he's a top bloke. 

Realising your dreams in the ruthless world of football can be fraught.

3 hours ago, Shayite 432 said:

Sad that he never made it.

I work with a former pro, a big striker who plied his trade 20 years ago at the likes of York, Lincoln and Exeter, with a good goalscoring record. In the last year he has to have a back and a hip operation, and is in poor physical health for a man of his years, but at least he's a top bloke. 

Realising your dreams in the ruthless world of football can be fraught.

Many ex-pros have bandy legs in later life. You wouldn't get that playing Zero-G football! ;) 

7 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

He’s now joined Glenn Tamplin’s circus at Romford

If this doesn’t sum up what’s going on down there then nothing will  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

He’s now joined Glenn Tamplin’s circus at Romford

Three days of retirement before coming out of it. That's got to be a record surely?

Just now, ewalsh said:

If this doesn’t sum up what’s going on down there then nothing will  

They’ve also just signed a dwarf fresh out of prison as their ‘mascot’ 

However, I’d still probably prefer him on the pitch than Odelusi :lol:

On 1/3/2020 at 6:53 PM, Pliny Harris said:

One last roll of the dice. Poor chap's way too good for Tamplin's drug-addled dreams.

Would make an entertaining fly-on-the-wall documentary. I'm thinking Class of '92 meets The Wolf of Wall Street.