TJAshton

Stockport At Home New Years Day

13 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Try the first goal here.

13 in 37 games for us. You won't get that out of TSS.

13 in 40 for 'Magic'. Now laking leagues below us. 

If you can't turn your career around at Halifax you're always heading one way. 

9 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

13 in 40 for 'Magic'. Now laking leagues below us. 

If you can't turn your career around at Halifax you're always heading one way. 

Tell that to Quigley.

13 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Try the first goal here.

13 in 37 games for us. You won't get that out of TSS.

Funnily enough the perfect video for showing the effect Denton could have if played correctly. Two goals there from getting it up to the big man

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Funnily enough the perfect video for showing the effect Denton could have if played correctly. Two goals there from getting it up to the big man

Wasn’t Dentons biggest fan but wow he’s so much better than Sho Silva. With the amount of crosses we have put in this season and sho Silva just hasn’t done anything in the box Denton would of had double TSS’s goals. 

I’ll never forget Nuneaton away first game of the season Denton was class that day. And also against fylde away he was good. 

If you played to Denton strength and actually had a good player up with him I.E Redshaw he would be good. As Denton is a proper centre forward unlike the one we have been playing. 

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

Wasn’t Dentons biggest fan but wow he’s so much better than Sho Silva. With the amount of crosses we have put in this season and sho Silva just hasn’t done anything in the box Denton would of had double TSS’s goals. 

I’ll never forget Nuneaton away first game of the season Denton was class that day. And also against fylde away he was good. 

If you played to Denton strength and actually had a good player up with him I.E Redshaw he would be good. As Denton is a proper centre forward unlike the one we have been playing. 

Teams either have him sussed  and wack him with two defenders in succession or are totally unable to deal with him and he has a field day. We were guilty as a team of hoofing the ball to him then walking away..... history is repeating with TSS. One thing is for sure we didn't ship many goals from set pieces with him pulled back.

• Like 1

Denton is an asset to any team due to his height but with him in your team you will use the long ball mainly as its the easy option. Id much rather fodop talom than tobi,denton or boden. I mentioned against chesterfield it would be nice to bring denton on for us to head the balls out of the box in the last 10 minutes 

Massive game today. We need to start well from the off and shut their fans up as early as possible 

Id start with the exact same team and formation as Saturday. It worked really well. We can’t be playing hoofball as their centre halves are big units and won everything against TSS so if we have Redshaw up there to drag defenders around and hold the ball up we should be alright. 

• Like 1

If everyone fit then the same 11 deserve another chance after the win against Chesterfield. Swapping J king and wiliams for ducky and JBW would be fine with me even though both had cracking games. Like i said i think the only changes will be due to fitness/injuries that we dont know about yet

1 hour ago, Bill Atkins said:

Not sure JBW has the fitness to be a wing back (wish he had)

Don’t think our wing backs spent much time further forward against Chesterfield. It felt like a back 5 for the most of the game. Tbf to JBW he does go forward a lot more than some other full backs. Think the wing back role would suit Ducky too. 

Need to play like we did in the second half against Chesterfield. Play with that desire and intensity for 90 mins and we should get a good result.

On 12/30/2019 at 6:02 PM, halifaxmark said:

And from what i read are able to transfer from seats to standing but us home fans arent allowed to do that....

Is an interesting Shay nonsense

Never seen a team come to the shay and dominate as much as stockport have in the opening 20 minutes. Its like we are playing a team from a few leagues above

• Like 1

Stockport are decent. Well organised as well. However we came into in towards the end when we started getting into feet more. Need to continue that more in the 2nd. No point in these long pings. Brick it every time we concede a set piece. Fortunate to not concede again from one. Still we know we can play better so here's hoping 

Still in it 0-0

Still in it just.. great cleareance of the line by Williams.. 

Get C King in the game...

Great away support today 1800??