Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
ashy1966

Left Back.

20 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Think we have found our new left back?Danny Williams you were superb today.

Don't know if this is a masterstroke or not by Wild?

Played a game & a half in that position & not put a left foot wrong, I have not seen the point in him up to now, today MOM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Superb today at wing back, especially 2nd half. Not sure he'd suit LB in a back 4 though. 

Probably not but he did play against Stockport in the back 4 and today was superb 

19 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Ironically been going to post this for a while now, he kept filling in when JBW was pushing forward v Wrexham and looked assured . He's the best left back at the club

No need to move Duckworth out of position on DW's performances at LB, has to be a plus.

1 hour ago, Roy Race said:

No need to move Duckworth out of position on DW's performances at LB, has to be a plus.

Cruel on Hanson but that's football . Williams looks lost in midfield, far more involved at left back and was marking their most dangerous looking player . Could even give a shout for Binnom playing left wing in 4 4 2 or 4 3 3/4 5 1

10 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Cruel on Hanson but that's football . Williams looks lost in midfield, far more involved at left back and was marking their most dangerous looking player . Could even give a shout for Binnom playing left wing in 4 4 2 or 4 3 3/4 5 1

JBW quick feet & a big unit to stop at full speed, good at cutting in from wing but not sure about crossing ability.

Well done to Williams on a solid performance, but let’s not get carried away. We were playing possibly the worst team I have seen this season in Chesterfield. The acid test is on Wednesday against a team who hit us for 5 Boxing Day. 

Edited by Statto
Mistype
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Statto said:

Well done to Williams on a solid performance, but let’s not get carried away. We were playing possibly the worst team I have seen this season in Chesterfield. The acid test is on Wednesday against a team who hit us for 5 Boxing Day. 

At least with todays formation we don't hand midfield over to Stockport.

28 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

At least with todays formation we don't hand midfield over to Stockport.

The formation against Stockport County will be irrelevant. They will again target our weakness by bombarding our box from set pieces. 

21 minutes ago, Statto said:

The formation against Stockport County will be irrelevant. They will again target our weakness by bombarding our box from set pieces. 

Probably but with Clarke in there I feel we are in a better position to defend them.

4 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Think we have found our new left back?Danny Williams you were superb today.

Don't know if this is a masterstroke or not by Wild?

Must be luck if we won. It would have been his fault if we lost though of course.

17 minutes ago, Ash said:

Must be luck if we won. It would have been his fault if we lost though of course.

After 3 months of dross he finally dropped tobi and changed formation and it worked....

11 hours ago, Ash said:

It wouldn’t 

Edited by TJAshton

46 minutes ago, Guido said:

With your and Trev’s prediction ability young Tom I’m amazed you Two have never won the lottery :D

Me and Trev get a lot of **** but we don’t have talk some sense. More trev than me maybe :lol: but we said Drop Sho Silva and you’ll see a much better performance and an attacking team and what did we get yesterday. JUST THAT!! 

If wild was to get sacked me and Trev should me managers. Like the Crowley brothers 

• Like 1

I should be the next manager... my time is due.

I apply every time..I have plenty of letters from the chairmen...

Sorry you have not been succesful in your recent application!!

My time will come...

Good luck PW....

Myself and the grandchildren cannot wait for league football next season...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

I should be the next manager... my time is due.

I apply every time..I have plenty of letters from the chairmen...

Sorry you have not been succesful in your recent application!!

My time will come...

Good luck PW....

Myself and the grandchildren cannot wait for league football next season...

You’ll probably end up sacking yourself 

51 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Me and Trev get a lot of **** but we don’t have talk some sense. More trev than me maybe :lol: but we said Drop Sho Silva and you’ll see a much better performance and an attacking team and what did we get yesterday. JUST THAT!! 

If wild was to get sacked me and Trev should me managers. Like the Crowley brothers 

If it was any club other than my beloved Shaymen I would love to watch that implosion :lol:

4 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

If it was any club other than my beloved Shaymen I would love to watch that implosion :lol:

We would have us in the football league in no time