Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

Chesterfield

That 2nd half was as good as we were at the start of the season. How much bloody better is it when you actually have a proper attacking front 4. Every player was class today. 

Let’s hope that’s the win that kicks starts our season again!! 

• Like 1

So good second half! Cam King and Redshaw outstanding. However my MOTM is Danny Williams, looked excellent.

Also a word for Charlie Cooper, I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but he covered every single blade of grass and was basically in midfield on his own for most of the game. Staunton showed he’s not a midfielder and looked lost in that system (through no fault of his own). 

Switch of system looks a treat though - just not much time to work on it.

Get in Town!

• Like 2

Much better system and credit to Wild for that. Great to see 2 upfront and every player looked the part. 

Staunton covers so much ground, Danny Williams looked excellent, Cooper better, Allen, King all looked comfortable. 

Sho Silver for so long has been made to look poor upfront alone this system looks so much better and I am sure he could fit into it (if needed) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Disagree about Staunton, he was everywhere 2nd half winning second balls, allowing king, Allen and Redshaw to do their thing. Williams and Jeff King also did well in their new positions.

Thought it was a bit headless at times, leaving us exposed on the counter. 

21 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

So good second half! Cam King and Redshaw outstanding. However my MOTM is Danny Williams, looked excellent.

Also a word for Charlie Cooper, I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but he covered every single blade of grass and was basically in midfield on his own for most of the game. Staunton showed he’s not a midfielder and looked lost in that system (through no fault of his own). 

Switch of system looks a treat though - just not much time to work on it.

Get in Town!

Agre with everything apart from Staunton mate. Thought he was good today and won many 50/50s and headers 

10 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Excellent all round , that’s why players like Redshaw command the wages they do 

Correct mate. Pay abit more money and look what you get back. 

I hope today has put to bed that Jack Redshaw is unfit to play games and that Cam King is unfit to start games as both of them did excellent today. 

Also shows that we don’t need A “supposed” hold up man up top as Redshaw held the ball up better than Sho Silva has in all his games. 

I know Sho Silva is the whipping boy and that but what a difference it makes having him not in the starting 11. We play so different. Faster football, better passing, more attacking and so so many more chances. Hopefully this tells Wild now he has to start Redshaw and King. 

• Like 1

Much needed win, and we deserved it 100%, great performance to a man.

First half was ok, no major chances for rait her side but we were probably on top. I thought we lacked width and urgency and the pace of the game was too slow.

Second half was phenomenal! What a 45 mins! Total domination from us. Much more impetus and desire and we controlled play very well, wave after wave of attack. Every time Chesterfield cleared it a Town man was there to pick it up and launch another assault.
Redshaw looked dangerous every time he got on the ball and C. King and Allen both very impressive too. Staunton solid in midfield and the back 5 looked secure, dealt with Denton well when he came on. Could have scored 3 or 4 second half and it wouldn’t have flattered us.

Edited by riccardo259
  • Like 1

Redshaw, cam king and williams were excellent today. Whole team played well. As was said above that is why players like redshaw, rodney etc command higher wages and i know we cant overspend but you get what you pay for. Roll on stockport game

Enjoyable game and we deserved the win which should have been by 2 or 3. Williams brilliant at left back and C King utter class. l thought Staunton had a great and unlucky not to get a goal. Great to see the crowd, players and Manager celebrating together at full time. 

That the best we’ve played since our bad run started, different formation and Redshaw instead of sho silver , let’s hope Pete sticks to how we set up today, rRedshaw King and Williams were outstanding, the rest all played Their  part, onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Redshaw, cam king and williams were excellent today. Whole team played well. As was said above that is why players like redshaw, rodney etc command higher wages and i know we cant overspend but you get what you pay for. Roll on stockport game

That´s why I always say I would rather have 18 quality players than 22/23 mediocre.

• Like 2

I thought Staunton did well, occasionally getting in at the back post to actually give us something to aim at with a cross (let’s face it, Redshaws not winning many headers against centre backs). 

The front three of King, Redshaw and Allen were excellent, Williams had by far his best game I’ve seen him play and J King played pretty well at a new role too. Centre backs were solid and so was Johnson. Cooper didn’t have a bad game either and ran his bollocks off, though that cross field pass early on was shocking. Perhaps look for an easier ball next time. 

What a relief to get a win at home at last. It sounds on here like it was well deserved too although the commentary at times made it sound like a drab 0-0  match. Hopefully we can keep Cam King and Redshaw fit to start on Wednesday. A big congratulations to PW for finally changing things and the 2,000 odd fans for persisting in watching what could of been the same as has been served up for the last few months.

9 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

What a relief. Beat Stockport, get everyone fit and why can’t we gone on a run like Sutton? 

I noticed earlier that they’ve really shot in the table. When we played them at their place earlier in the season weren’t they around the bottom 4? We’re still only 8 points off 1st, any of the teams in the top 10 will be thinking they can get a title challenge in if they just put together a good run of 5/6 games.