Sign in to follow this  
Caygillwashere

Should I stay, or should I go, (Saturday)?

We are sinking faster than the Titanic, and appear completely ruddless, (what can) our glum faced - finger prodding - to officialdom - manager of my hometown Club of 45 years do to entice me, to attend a current winless Shay on Saturday afternoon against the out of Chesterfield............?

Drab and dire football is what the manager is providing, not the entertainment he promised! When did we last have a home league win?

Sorry for being blunt, but if you can't do as (Wild) promised, to the Board and fans, when being appointed and in subsequent interviews move on and free the wage for someone who can entertain us.

I am happy to lose, but only if we go down fighting = Entertainment???

I have seen too many fly-by-nights appointed at the Shay over fourty plus years on their froth and glibness, the present manager appears to be sinking like a stone, we need to progress, can Wild pull the entertainment ticket out if the bag?

Not expecting World beating performances week in and out, but from great to dross in a matter of months, what is the excuse?

Fed up Town fan. 

• Like 1

To be fair PW doesn’t have a lot of options. However, it would be interesting to know how fit everybody is. Redshaw has to start if he can last 70 mins. Duckworth should stay on the right and what’s happened to BW? 

Clarke injured

Binom Williams has had a family issue

So Staunton has to play centre half, Maher has to play fullback and you then have your 3rd and 4th choice holding midfielders playing. Not much else Pete Wild could do and if Redshaw has been ill he may not have been fully fit. Out of a fully fit squad available, at least 5 from Boxing Day wouldn’t start.

Times like this we need to stick together. The reason I do back Pete Wild is I honestly think he has the makings of a great manager. His resources are limited and he picked up a half finished squad days before the season started. 2 wins in the next 2 and we are in a strong position with a game in hand. It’s achievable, more than achievable but for us to be successful the negativity needs to stop. I know the usual suspects will come back with yeah but, but if we carry on slagging off players who were more than good enough 2 months ago to be top of the tree, we are just creating a worse environment for these players to work in.

Edited by Ash

I`m going to go cos I love the club. However I will NOT be happy if I see TSS or Shaun Mcousky on the team sheet then I will be making some very critical noises and I dont sit very far away from DB. 

I can`t remember which topic mentioned it but I quite like the Jamie Allen idea up front with both Maccas either side. I did mention in a different topic that I would play Duckworth in midfield and I stick with that proposal. Other than Cam King we have nothing creative in midfield. At least Ducky would play intelligent balls into the oppositions third of the field. We need to create chances which will excite the crowd and give us a chance of a result. Cooper and Nolan will not do that. We have to get a positive result tomorrow otherwise PW`s on his bike.

17 minutes ago, Ash said:

Clarke injured

Binom Williams has had a family issue

So Staunton has to play centre half, Maher has to play fullback and you then have your 3rd and 4th choice holding midfielders playing. Not much else Pete Wild could do and if Redshaw has been ill he may not have been fully fit. Out of a fully fit squad available, at least 5 from Boxing Day wouldn’t start.

Times like this we need to stick together. The reason I do back Pete Wild is I honestly think he has the makings of a great manager. His resources are limited and he picked up a half finished squad days before the season started. 2 wins in the next 2 and we are in a strong position with a game in hand. It’s achievable, more than achievable but for us to be successful the negativity needs to stop. I know the usual suspects will come back with yeah but, but if we carry on slagging off players who were more than good enough 2 months ago to be top of the tree, we are just creating a worse environment for these players to work in.

Hope your right?Can,t see it in a month of Sunday's to be honest.