Sign in to follow this  
Redcard

The End

Is this the season which marks the end of the hobby club? Bosomworth must be as sick as the fans. He has worked hard but it’s not working. About 12 years down the line the fact is he can run the club in the black but he can’t progress it. Peacock has left, Ham is not getting any younger and neither is Mr B who surely must be thinking why continue with his time and effort. No way, can he put prices up next season, and even then support will dwindle after another season of dross. No investors are showing real interest and there is a real risk of losing money next season which means Mr B will have to make up the shortfall to honour his pledge to leave the club debt-free. He must be thinking this is the time for him to quit and then it’s anybody’s guess what will happen.

23 minutes ago, Redcard said:

Is this the season which marks the end of the hobby club? Bosomworth must be as sick as the fans. He has worked hard but it’s not working. About 12 years down the line the fact is he can run the club in the black but he can’t progress it. Peacock has left, Ham is not getting any younger and neither is Mr B who surely must be thinking why continue with his time and effort. No way, can he put prices up next season, and even then support will dwindle after another season of dross. No investors are showing real interest and there is a real risk of losing money next season which means Mr B will have to make up the shortfall to honour his pledge to leave the club debt-free. He must be thinking this is the time for him to quit and then it’s anybody’s guess what will happen.

Always said we won’t ever go up with him in charge and that’s still the case

8 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Always said we won’t ever go up with him in charge and that’s still the case

Correct but the problem is theres nobody on the horizon to take us that next step.

I find it quite ironic that for the last 3 Xmas periods a manager has found himself under pressure. Are all these managers really that bad? Or has the club just hit the glass ceiling?

3 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Correct but the problem is theres nobody on the horizon to take us that next step.

I find it quite ironic that for the last 3 Xmas periods a manager has found himself under pressure. Are all these managers really that bad? Or has the club just hit the glass ceiling?

We just get too many inexperienced managers I think I don’t really know. Buts it’s too much of a coincidence that 3 seasons we start off well and around October time it goes tits up and we come close to a relegation battle 

45 minutes ago, Redcard said:

It will be a real shame if does because then what?

A fan owned board with no money to spend? You won't see any difference other than maybe a negative one.

Stockport are a bigger club than us and look at where they e been these last five years. Chesterfield are a bigger club than is and they are spiralling downwards rapidly. York are a bigger club than us and look where they are. 

There are a fair few clubs that are bigger than us that are languishing below us in a lower league or below us in our league. We are doing badly performance and results wise but league position wise we're are roughly where many fans would say they'd expect or hope to finish.

The club can still pull this round but at the end of the day the players need to take a long hard look at themselves of late because yes PW is the manager but he doesn't cross the white line and go out and play. They do.

• Like 1

It must be under consideration. By my calculations we’re not breaking even. The Board must be putting in quite a lot and I’m upset by the last 2 away surrenders. The Board must be really depressed. If they just walk away goodness knows what will happen next. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

It must be under consideration. By my calculations we’re not breaking even. The Board must be putting in quite a lot and I’m upset by the last 2 away surrenders. The Board must be really depressed. If they just walk away goodness knows what will happen next. 

This is the problem, a bit like when we sack a manger what next?

I cant see DB wanting to continue beyond next season realistically but what if anything is in place when he leaves?

Everyone has an opinion on him but i dont think anyone can say hes done a bad job overall. It could have been better but we could easily still be sat in conf north with Chester/ York/Darlington so certainly not bad. 

We have many similarities and many differences, and there have been times when the differences have made the similarities seem nonexistent (and vice versa), but this board have done better with each year, have been understated in the sheer effort they’ve made for little return, and they’ll likely be a long time gone. A real long time gone.

DB has got to be credited with giving us a full time model and somewhere decent for us to train. Ostensibly for better fitness, preparation and recovery time. Obviously this is not working  because if it was we would not be struggling. We might be better reverting to a part time squad and paying better money for the better part time players.

Players are also fitted with digital monitors to measure their physical performance during a game and training. If their physical performance falls short of expected parameters they should be fined and listed - not that anyone would want them. At least the risk of being fined would make some of the ones who can't be arsed to put more effort in. That said the PFA would probably come to their rescue. 

JF paid for training facilities (DB paid for portacabin with no floor) and paid for the tracking monitoring system whether we still have that GPS I do not know. DB did pay for the ¨FT model¨ which means training 4 times per week if no Tues game but as he was prepared to keep this club FT with massive debt originally I personally feel the Model is a failure.

12 hours ago, greygoose said:

We have hit a glass ceiling with a BOD not prepared to invest to take us to next level. We are high in the league, then goals dry up so we get an injured striker with a good league scoring record who can't play regularly, and glue league level McCoulsky

23 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

I’d still like to know why Fullarton resigned.

I still think, if he was given a decent budget he would do okay. We certainly wouldn’t have lost 5-1 under fullarton yesterday 

• Like 2

This team may be full-time but they don't look it.  If Chorley played us tomorrow we would get beat and I understand Chorley are part time and their manager is a full time schoolteacher.

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

I still think, if he was given a decent budget he would do okay. We certainly wouldn’t have lost 5-1 under fullarton yesterday 

I'd take relegation over Fullarton returning, he signed some awful players last season and bored the hell out of us all, lets not forget your current favourite is his aswell.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I'd take relegation over Fullarton returning, he signed some awful players last season and bored the hell out of us all, lets not forget your current favourite is his aswell.

My current favourite I like it a lot :lol:

He did bore the hell out of us with the draws but we played better football under him than what we do now. All we do now is pass sideways, pass down the wing and then backwards and start again. 

Im still wondering where this attacking football and exciting the fans has gone?? 

6 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Are you joking?

Not even gonna bother searching through your hundreds of posts baying for his blood (just like with Heath and just like with Aspin)...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Are you joking?

Not even gonna bother searching through your hundreds of posts baying for his blood (just like with Heath and just like with Aspin)...

You can have a pop all you want.He is right though.We wouldn't have lost that 5_1 yesterday under Fullarton.