archietaylor7

Stockport on Boxing Day

A good dozen of this squad are not Conference standard. Perhaps they are too young but they are not learning, and coupled with having a rookie manager ( despite a great start) we are simply not good enough. I appreciate experience comes at a price, but we’re certainly lacking a couple of old heads further up the field in midfield and attack. As for the defence Clarke is injured you cannot legislate for that

That was absolutely embarrassing! From the first minute we were second best and they hit the post within a minute! 

I don’t think I have anything positive to say about that performance at all. Men against boys. Looking over our shoulders now more and more. Bosomworth won’t make the decision yet but these performances are putting 200/300 plus off what should of been massive crowds against Chesterfield and Stockport on New Year’s Day and they’ll be only bumped up by a considerable away support probably by County.

Struggling to think of any positive to make myself go on Saturday even with a season ticket that’s how bad we are playing

Feel embarrassed to be a town fan at the moment. The minimum we ask is effort and desire. Can’t even get that right. Pathetic. The players and Wild should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 1

Yet another season we are being humiliated by mediocre teams. We fans should be use to it by now. Not since Aspin have we had a manager with experience at a higher level and it has shown.

1 minute ago, dj funky said:

How to spoil Christmas Part 2, still Part 3 , so lets really ruin the start of the year with Part 4.

Surely this doesnt spoil your christmas, its annoying but wont spoil it for me

So Wild said he took King off to get a goalscorer on. Soo what exactly is Silva supposed to be? Thats him admitting Silva isnt a goalscorer so then Why is Wild playing him as a lone striker. Literally makes no sense.  

Are the players and management going to refund us in anyway after recent performances??

I was looking around at full time and thinking this team and management don’t deserve the support they get! Over 550 fans today to watch that and the players don’t deserve that at all!!

Wilds interview is again why we want to hear but he now needs to implement that. The one player I was expecting to see next reading the article regarding poor players was Sho Silva. But he thinks he’s exemplary :doh:

We are 9 points off relegation, don’t look like winning at all, constantly play a striker who’s cow ****! can’t see us winning our next two games. 

For all the people on here who have said we are over achieving or can’t have anything bad said about the club need to take a realistic look at themselves and get with it. We are in serious free fall 

Edited by TJAshton

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Are the players and management going to refund us in anyway after recent performances??

I was looking around at full time and thinking this team and management don’t deserve the support they get! Over 550 fans today to watch that and the players don’t deserve that at all. 

Can’t wait to here Wilds interview. I’ve stuck up for him until last Saturday and give him the benefit of the doubt. But this is terrible. 

We are 9 points off relegation, don’t look like winning at all, constantly play a striker who’s cow ****! can’t see us winning our next two games. 

For all the people on here who have said we are over achieving or can’t have anything bad said about the club need to take a realistic look at themselves and get with it. We are in serious free fall 

Its online is his interview. Try to find the part where he needed to bring a goalscorer on in the 2nd half. Effectivly saying Silva isnt a goalscorer so wht is he playing as a lone striker? Utterly bizarre. 

Its hard to imagine this is the same bunch of players that were here at the start of the season.

No urgency at all today. A midfield that was void of any authority, any stamp or any sort of presence what so ever. At times we seemed more keen to play crab football, passing from side to side, than actually attacking the opposition. 

Half the players now look disinterested and going through the motions.

Sho Silva needs to be replaced. Too isolated and not good enough to get us the goals when he spends most of the game with his back to the goal or on his arse. Workrate is all well and good however we are getting no end product what so ever. 

In Midfield, we need a massive overhaul. Too many midfielders that do the same thing - and that isn't attacking. Coopers passing is simply atrocious and his net contribution to the team simply isn't good enough in my opinion. 

The funny thing is, Stockport didn't look a great side. Not one where I think we would be battered again on NYD if we can and do play how we know we can. The problem is we haven't had this high tempo, in your face style of football since we played Chesterfield away. 

Im not calling for the managers head, as he is a rookie manager who has us in 10th, however, he does need to note that the past two months at least have not been good enough, whatever his tactics are aren't working, and change it. 

Start with your best available team. That doesn't include Silva or Cooper for me. 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Donate a weeks wages to charity after that performance. Start of the season we will have played as we did last season keeping it tight. We are now seeing wilds tactics. Not good enough 

Don’t be ridiculous. Have you never had a bad day at work? 

After what I’ve seen over the last couple of months and the awful shambolic pathetic performance that I witnessed today, I’m convinced that we are now in a relagation fight, I don’t think wild has a clue on how to turn things around and most of the players don’t look interested, that’ll be my last away game until things turn around ( that’s if they do ) today cost me and my brother  £ 92 with drink petrol dinner & admission to the game  what a waste of money.

Most of Wild’s post-match interview repeats complaints he has made before, only now the more long-standing players seem to have gone missing, as well. It’s all well and good praising Sho Silva’s workrate - though I disagree, as he looks like a man yearning to be put out of his misery - but he did not win a single ball today, and more often than not ended up on his arse. I thought the unwillingness to tackle was obvious enough v. Notts., but today, we shirked any kind of physical engagement up and down the pitch. Stockport stopped celebrating with their fourth as it was too embarrassingly easy. The players’ body language says it all for me, and, despite Wild’s defiance, I don’t know if he has what it takes to turn this squad around either tactically or through morale-boosting.

Edited by themanwhowasntthere

It was the first ever time i have left a Halifax game early today, about 10 minutes from the end but i could not continue to watch the most gutless & embarrassing display i think i have ever seen, for all the poor football we have been served up in recent times, i have never seen a such a “cant be arsed” attitude  across a whole team that i saw today, and that today was easily the worst display Embarrassed to be a Town supporter tonight.  

• Like 2