archietaylor7

Stockport on Boxing Day

3 hours ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Donate a weeks wages to charity after that performance. Start of the season we will have played as we did last season keeping it tight. We are now seeing wilds tactics. Not good enough 

Not defending anything from today but surely it was Wilds tactics at the start of the season.

4 hours ago, Greggs said:

Come on Stockport get another 2 or 3. 

Wow

8 minutes ago, wrighty130 said:

It was the first ever time i have left a Halifax game early today, about 10 minutes from the end but i could not continue to watch the most gutless & embarrassing display i think i have ever seen, for all the poor football we have been served up in recent times, i have never seen a such a “cant be arsed” attitude  across a whole team that i saw today, and that today was easily the worst display Embarrassed to be a Town supporter tonight.  

Did you not go to Grimsby? 

2 minutes ago, chadders said:

Not defending anything from today but surely it was Wilds tactics at the start of the season.

Wow

Wow all you want. We are in free fall. I aint happy clapping like the rest of you. If a hammering is what it takes to change things its a hammering i will take. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Most of Wild’s post-match interview repeats complaints he has made before, only now the more long-standing players seem to have gone missing, as well. It’s all well and good praising Sho Silva’s workrate - though I disagree, as he looks like a man yearning to be put out of his misery - but he did not win a single ball today, and more often than not ended up on his arse. I thought the unwillingness to tackle was obvious enough v. Notts., but today, we shirked any kind of physical engagement up and down the pitch. Stockport stopped celebrating with their fourth as it was too embarrassingly easy. The players’ body language says it all for me, and, despite, Wild’s defiance, I don’t know if he has what it takes to turn this squad around either tactically or through morale-boosting.

Wild part had his hands tied due to injuries, suspect JBW has eaten too many pies over the last couple of weeks & not kept himself fit hence sat in the stand, you wouldn't'  leave your only LB out for farting in the changing room would you. Having said that Maher was never going to work at RB, not being playing well full stop so why put him there, Williams made a better stab at LB letting Duckworth return to his natural position, been the best option to start with. Didn't see Cooper make an effective tackle all match, brushed off and left in a crumpled heap at most attempts, Brown worst match ever but when you looked at what surrounded him!!!! Wild guilty of naivety or stubbornness but the players need to hold their hands up and take their share of the blame, the fans turned up the team didn't .

4 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Wild part had his hands tied due to injuries, suspect JBW has eaten too many pies over the last couple of weeks & not kept himself fit hence sat in the stand, you wouldn't'  leave your only LB out for farting in the changing room would you. Having said that Maher was never going to work at RB, not being playing well full stop so why put him there, Williams made a better stab at LB letting Duckworth return to his natural position, been the best option to start with. Didn't see Cooper make an effective tackle all match, brushed off and left in a crumpled heap at most attempts, Brown worst match ever but when you looked at what surrounded him!!!! Wild guilty of naivety or stubbornness but the players need to hold their hands up and take their share of the blame, the fans turned up the team didn't .

Maher was a right back at bury I believe. 

Credit to the fans today and the players and management team give that back too us! They don’t deserve the support they get!!

17 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Wow all you want. We are in free fall. I aint happy clapping like the rest of you. If a hammering is what it takes to change things its a hammering i will take. 

I did not clap at the end the performance did not warrant that but neither did I boo or slag them off as I fail to see what that achieves. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Maher was a right back at bury I believe. 

Credit to the fans today and the players and management team give that back too us! They don’t deserve the support they get!!

And Bury are where?

Just now, chadders said:

I did not clap at the end the performance did not warrant that but neither did I boo or slag them off as I fail to see what that achieves. 

Staunton came part way over to the fans at the end looking totally embarrassed as if to say sorry then decided maybe not, Johnson did come over to be met by silence. They are paid to do a job & failed miserably.

30 minutes ago, chadders said:

Wow

Wild asked the players at the start of the season how they play hence all back for corners because it's what they were comfortable with. Over time wild has brought in his own training methods and the ship has steadily sunk. 

Just got back to London. What a depressing day. No effort or ambition. I’m not going to give up on Wild yet but he has to get us running around. The last 2 away games here been terrible. 

12 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

No more a fullback than TSS a prolific goal scorer.

Never said he was just replied to your comment as to where Bury were.

13 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Wild asked the players at the start of the season how they play hence all back for corners because it's what they were comfortable with. Over time wild has brought in his own training methods and the ship has steadily sunk. 

Think we still go all back at corners at times but I sort of see your logic

1 minute ago, mjc12345 said:

Staunton and Johnson the only players to come over at the end of the match.

Embarrassed for them as most fans trundled off with heads bowed, not many applauded.

Have not watched a Town match since the home thrashing by Torquay on 2nd November when they were humiliated by a lack lustre team.

Being a Season ticket holder and a Fan for over 50 years, it leaves me in despair that players cannot be bothered to play.

Irrespective of futile tactics they have an obligation to perform for the fans to the best of their abilities as we ultimately pay their wages.

Would have loved for Wild to succeed< but its gone pear shaped.

Went to watch Park Avenue today and they have the same problem. Players not playing (or to old and had it, same as manager) and think they can.

A lot of young local lads who nobody cares to watch and coaches who cant coach and think they can are spoiling football.

We have had some great local lads make it and lots still can, but we need a Manager/Coach/Staff who care about FC HALIFAX TOWN. 

I`ve now been home for 5 hours and have chance to reflect on an extremely poor performance. PW has been as stubborn as an old mule in playing the system 4 2 3 1. After that lamentable performance today, he has to realise that it doesn`t work. I know for a fact that DB is very unhappy at the way the team are playing and the noises that the fans are making when he is at the Shay. So if I was PW, I would go outside the box and play a different formation on Saturday. My team for Chesterfield would be

Johnson

Maher RB, Danny Williams LB, Brown and Staunton CB (Clarke if he is fit) (Browny had his worst ever game today but that won`t happen again for a while!)

Staunton in front of the back 4 (if Clarke is fit). Duckworth CM, Cam King RM, (Duckworth is our best footballer. Let him play where he gets the ball)

McAlinden up front with Binnom Williams and Jamie Allen on the right. If Redshaw is fit, he would play instead of McAlinden

If everybody was fit, the bench would be Hanson, McAlinden, Appleyard, jeff King and McDonald. (If Hanson was fit I`d play him much further up front)

I would completely forget about TSS and his even worse partner in crime, Shaun MCousky. 

We don`t look like scoring never mind winning so go completely crazy and play our best players in slightly different positions. They can`t do any worse than that team did today.

I expect to get shot down with my rather bizarre selection but PW has to change it!

• Like 1

Only just got back in from visiting relatives and checked the teletext and was almost sick.  I am an online tipster and put £500 (virtual money) on the 5-0.  That would have put me right up there in the prize money.  What does McAlinden think he is doing?

On a more serious note, I can't think of another season when I would have put such a tip on but just had a feeling that this was going to happen because this is the worst I've seen for years.

6 minutes ago, arryarry said:

I`ve now been home for 5 hours and have chance to reflect on an extremely poor performance. PW has been as stubborn as an old mule in playing the system 4 2 3 1. After that lamentable performance today, he has to realise that it doesn`t work. I know for a fact that DB is very unhappy at the way the team are playing and the noises that the fans are making when he is at the Shay. So if I was PW, I would go outside the box and play a different formation on Saturday. My team for Chesterfield would be

Johnson

Maher RB, Danny Williams LB, Brown and Staunton CB (Clarke if he is fit) (Browny had his worst ever game today but that won`t happen again for a while!)

Staunton in front of the back 4 (if Clarke is fit). Duckworth CM, Cam King RM, (Duckworth is our best footballer. Let him play where he gets the ball)

McAlinden up front with Binnom Williams and Jamie Allen on the right. If Redshaw is fit, he would play instead of McAlinden

If everybody was fit, the bench would be Hanson, McAlinden, Appleyard, jeff King and McDonald. (If Hanson was fit I`d play him much further up front)

I would completely forget about TSS and his even worse partner in crime, Shaun MCousky. 

We don`t look like scoring never mind winning so go completely crazy and play our best players in slightly different positions. They can`t do any worse than that team did today.

I expect to get shot down with my rather bizarre selection but PW has to change it!

How do you know the board isnt happy? 

42 minutes ago, chadders said:

Same here. They argue that they have paid their money so they have every right to boo. Stupid argument imo 

Don’t get the love in for Johnson. Might be a decent shot stopper but can’t take crosses. Terrible error for their first. The only players who looked to move forward were CK and Allen. The rest simply not interested. The manager has to get a reaction, as not putting in the effort is not acceptable. 

15 minutes ago, Shay said:

Same here. They argue that they have paid their money so they have every right to boo. Stupid argument imo 

It is what it is..they get the credit they deserve when everything is going well so take the criticism when they deserve it. At the end of the day if they get clapped off or booed off they still get paid so wont be bothered. Its about desire, have some of our players got the desire to get to the ball thats crossed in? Put body on the line? I dont see it from many

20 minutes ago, Greggs said:

How do you know the board isnt happy? 

The team are on a shocking run and have just been absolutely thrashed. Of course they're not happy.