Sign in to follow this  
mjc12345

Josh Staunton going above and beyond

1 hour ago, mjc12345 said:

Big shout out to Josh who went to visit a young lad after the match today to give him one of them shirts that CORE was giving away. The child and adult couldn't get to one of the events, so Josh offered to try and get one. He did and to myself and the child and adult surprise he turned up at their address to hand this over, even came in and had photos and a chat with the child. Credit where credit is due... 

Credit to him. 

Him and Johnson the only ones that actually looked arsed today about losing today. Thought Staunton played well apart from his stupid tackle for penalty. 

Even apologising for the poor performance at the end.  He shouldn’t be doing that it should be Wild but no he somehow thought we was excellent!! :doh:

Every interaction I have had with him and it’s been a few over the last few weeks he is genuinely one of the nicest guys around.  Always welcoming, warm and friendly - and to be fair he’s been one of the better players this season!

• Like 1

Staunton's was the standout performance today. Hardly ever misplaced a pass and always tried to keep the ball moving. Hanson had a strong first 45 minutes but didn't get forward as much second half.

I think I'm right in saying that he made a slow start at the beginning of his career at The Shay. We were saying yesterday at the match that Staunton, Brown and Duckworth are currently our three best players. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mjc12345 said:

Big shout out to Josh who went to visit a young lad after the match today to give him one of them shirts that CORE was giving away. The child and adult couldn't get to one of the events, so Josh offered to try and get one. He did and to myself and the child and adult surprise he turned up at their address to hand this over, even came in and had photos and a chat with the child. Credit where credit is due... 

You sound like a copper!

Staunts has been at all the Core shirt giveaways - as has Toby and Liam Mc - and always has time for the fans for a chat or whatever. 100% on the pitch too 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chadders said:

Staunts has been at all the Core shirt giveaways - as has Toby and Liam Mc - and always has time for the fans for a chat or whatever. 100% on the pitch too 

Only Liam Nolan and Jeff King were there yesterday early doors, got a great pic of my lad getting his shirt, he is over from Malta for the four festive fixtures. Hope he sees a better show in the next three.

25 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Only Liam Nolan and Jeff King were there yesterday early doors, got a great pic of my lad getting his shirt, he is over from Malta for the four festive fixtures. Hope he sees a better show in the next three.

Makes sense as they were not in the matchday squad 

Staunton is beginning to look the real deal in midfield, more then just a player breaking up play but actually chucking passes about & making strong runs at the opposition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Staunton is beginning to look the real deal in midfield, more then just a player breaking up play but actually chucking passes about & making strong runs at the opposition.

He was doing the same at the start of the season before he moved to CB. Too early to talk about POTS but if he carries on like this, he will be up there. 

On 12/21/2019 at 10:41 PM, seasideblue said:

Staunton's was the standout performance today. Hardly ever misplaced a pass and always tried to keep the ball moving. Hanson had a strong first 45 minutes but didn't get forward as much second half.

I think you want to watch the highlights with a few more folk and while your at it check his 'own goal' at Harrogate.