Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ash

Notts County

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Pete Wild saying the defending of 2nd balls into the box was our undoing yesterday we were not diving into the 2nd ball, if that's the case then that is down to effort and desire and that's a concern. I do think he is a little blinkered in his interview, Notts Co could quite easily and 7 or 8 yesterday with the clear chances they created 

Agree. On the edge of the box every game there is always 2 or 3 men available and that has to stop! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are saying we can't keep changing manager.

But I'm just not seeing anything that suggests Wild has any idea on how to turn things around.

He benefitted from the "He's not Fullerton" factor and new face bounce early on, but it worries me that the longer he has had to work with the players, the worse things seem to get.

There are no really outstanding teams in this League this year, we really need to be making a better fist of it now. No home win in the League since September is dreadful.

Barrow are only a small club, their attendances are not big. I don't think they are bankrolled?? They have shown what can be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Needs to replicate Nigel Pearson’s new training regime at Watford.

I don’t think our players are fit enough. Neither do they work enough on effective possession. Keeping hold of the ball in difficult positions and bringing players into the game. Too many ball watchers and too many too scared to be in possession of the ball longer than a few seconds.

Both goals came as a result of a player driving forward with the ball at his feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Needs to replicate Nigel Pearson’s new training regime at Watford.

I don’t think our players are fit enough. Neither do they work enough on effective possession. Keeping hold of the ball in difficult positions and bringing players into the game. Too many ball watchers and too many too scared to be in possession of the ball longer than a few seconds.

Both goals came as a result of a player driving forward with the ball at his feet.

They don’t look like they work or train at all!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This stuff about overachieving is a load of rubbish.  In the 1990's all we heard was "we'll never get anywhere cos the fans are too far from the pitch", then along came George Mulhall and that excuse didn't wash any more, the fans were still the same distance from the pitch.

As has been mentioned here a bit earlier another reason is we only have to look at the league leaders, Barrow.  They have certain disadvantages: they're an outpost, no-one wants to go there, they're in the middle of nowhere and they're an outpost.  So anything they can do we can do better.

I can't offer any hope for improvement with current performances.  All I know is I've come away from a few defeats this season thinking Fullarton would not have lost that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldskir said:

Some people are saying we can't keep changing manager.

But I'm just not seeing anything that suggests Wild has any idea on how to turn things around.

He benefitted from the "He's not Fullerton" factor and new face bounce early on, but it worries me that the longer he has had to work with the players, the worse things seem to get.

There are no really outstanding teams in this League this year, we really need to be making a better fist of it now. No home win in the League since September is dreadful.

Barrow are only a small club, their attendances are not big. I don't think they are bankrolled?? They have shown what can be done.

Aye let’s sack him! Then get another one in and sack him and pay him off too.

If Barrow had the personnel missing that we have they wouldn’t be top. There’s not much difference between us and Barrow apart from a bit of luck with injuries and suspensions. Some won’t like that but if we hadn’t had upheaval in our back 4 the last 12 games we would be a few points better off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Quigley was as bad as Sho-Silva when he was with us if not worse.

Some players fit clubs

No he wasn’t. You can’t get worse than TSS. I thought we couldn’t get worse than Edwards but then Sho-Silva joined :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Did ok in National Prem also 

Don’t forget his contribution when defending set pieces, which has become our Achilles heal !!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Greggs said:

Barrow have a striker that scores goals. That helps. Infact they have 2 near the top of the charts, our top scorer spent 65 minutes warming the bench on Saturday. When your busy saying if the defense had stayed together we would be better off your bang on, however if we were playing Mcalinden upfront instead of on the wing or the bench we would also be better off. Our number 9 doesnt score goals and falls over his own feet 30 times a game. I can bet Barrows centre forward does not 

Barrows top scorer fell over his feet and couldn’t control a bag of cement 9 months ago! Like I say, you don’t have to be spectacular to win this league and you need luck when you don’t have the biggest resource. There are in game things we can do better but we haven’t had the luck you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ash said:

Barrows top scorer fell over his feet and couldn’t control a bag of cement 9 months ago! Like I say, you don’t have to be spectacular to win this league and you need luck when you don’t have the biggest resource. There are in game things we can do better but we haven’t had the luck you need.

It's luck now, all other excuses have run dry, what a complete load of bull sheet,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

27 minutes ago, Ash said:

Barrows top scorer fell over his feet and couldn’t control a bag of cement 9 months ago! Like I say, you don’t have to be spectacular to win this league and you need luck when you don’t have the biggest resource. There are in game things we can do better but we haven’t had the luck you need.

Haha you’re funny.  So we now need luck to do well:lol:

Did you not see Mahers goal against Wrexham? Did you not see our first goal on Saturday? They were all very very lucky goals and it’s still not getting us anywhere.

You actually need to be atleast half decent to do well. You should be glad that we had a good start as if not we would be in the bottom 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

It's luck now, all other excuses have run dry, what a complete load of bull sheet,

Yesterday it was Rodney is not better than TSS and McCoulsky :doh:

Now it’s if we want to do well we have to be lucky:lol:

Edited by TJAshton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Angus was a better option than Quigley at the time we took Quigley

And when someone asked at the Q&A Fullarton said a goalscorer isn’t someone who scores goals, it’s someone who can score goals with their knee, shoulder and back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ash said:

Barrows top scorer fell over his feet and couldn’t control a bag of cement 9 months ago! Like I say, you don’t have to be spectacular to win this league and you need luck when you don’t have the biggest resource. There are in game things we can do better but we haven’t had the luck you need.

You make your own luck, play well and you are lucky.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...