Sign in to follow this  
Ash

Notts County

38 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

So now we have to part with £20 & be bored shitless & that's acceptable now?

Wild has said himself that football is an entertainment business.

Bored shitless? 6 goals you saw!

you can try and entertains al you want but there’s 22 players that have control of that, there are so many variables that you can try and do all you want but it might not always come off.

Why does Wild take pleasure in getting Christmas off to a bad start, that was pathetic and never seen so many fans yarning in a game and to think we used to call the Shay a fortress, might as well have put the white flag onto the pitch in the 60th minute and let us all go shopping.

37 minutes ago, Ash said:

you can try and entertains al you want but there’s 22 players that have control of that, there are so many variables that you can try and do all you want but it might not always come off.

6 goals or not, even as a neutral, it was pretty boring for the majority of the game. First half in particular was dire from both sides. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ash said:

There was only 1 entertaining team and that was the away side. We haven’t been entertaining since chesterfield away first half 

• Like 1

Wild wasn't a professional footballer, is that his and ours Achilles heel having him in charge of a professional club? Plus having appointed him (inexperienced), in the first place? Also I may add the posters on here were neither ex pros too!

It is so very disappointing from playing like kings early on in the season to now scruffing it and bluffing it.

We surely must be bottom of the form table after a Autumn to forgert, it's a shame, but why?

ATTACK and ENTERTAINMENT was what was promised on PW own  manifesto when appointed, he started well, but since his September song, we have been dire through the Autumn

Pete appears to be pertering out, we need a boost but from whom and when?

Edited by Caygillwashere

5 hours ago, Caygillwashere said:

Wild wasn't a professional footballer, is that his and ours Achilles heel having him in charge of a professional club? Plus having appointed him (inexperienced), in the first place? Also I may add the posters on here were neither ex pros too!

It is so very disappointing from playing like kings early on in the season to now scruffing it and bluffing it.

We surely must be bottom of the form table after a Autumn to forgert, it's a shame, but why?

ATTACK and ENTERTAINMENT was what was promised on PW own  manifesto when appointed, he started well, but since his September song, we have been dire through the Autumn

Pete appears to be pertering out, we need a boost but from whom and when?

I don’t know what happened at half time at Chesterfield but the season went downhill from the point. 

Any boost, as you put it, has to come from the players. Those same players who ripped teams apart with their pace and creativity. I don’t think we have changed tactics or style of play, we still play the 4-2-3-1, very few teams change their pattern these days. Wild has his hands tied by budget and rightly doesn’t like loan signings, Mclousky being an example of why as he is totally disinterested. 

The macAlindons and Kings are a shadow of their former selves for whatever reason. They have to step up and perform. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

I don’t know what happened at half time at Chesterfield but the season went downhill from the point. 

Any boost, as you put it, has to come from the players. Those same players who ripped teams apart with their pace and creativity. I don’t think we have changed tactics or style of play, we still play the 4-2-3-1, very few teams change their pattern these days. Wild has his hands tied by budget and rightly doesn’t like loan signings, Mclousky being an example of why as he is totally disinterested. 

The macAlindons and Kings are a shadow of their former selves for whatever reason. They have to step up and perform. 

1 of them is playing out of position and the other is playing 1 out of every 3 games. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

One has a chronic illness and the other is regularly played out of position. TSS is a fabulous fellow off the pitch but that shouldn't guarantee him a place in the team. 

2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

I don't want to be entertained,  i just want 3 points, dont care how we get them. We have a big Christmas period ahead, cant blow this chance of playoffs,if we havent already.

Stockport I think will beat us twice. Chesterfield are crap but that’ll probably mean they will beat us. Not looking forward to these games at all which is a shame! 

And yet we’re still averaging over 2000 despite no home win since Sept remarkable, selling season tickets next year will be a hell of a task , oh and I’d send mccouskey back tomorrow, use his wage to try and keep redshaw if he hasn’t already left

• Like 3

We were outfought and outthought over most of the pitch. Wootton kept dropping into the pocket in front of the centre-backs and this simple movement caused havoc and was never picked up. Their target man was also able to kill balls aimed at him and lay them off left and right. When we got balls out wide, they pressured the man on the ball, usually forcing him sideways or more often backwards. I didn’t see any of that determination, certainly, not consistently, from any in a blue shirt except for Duckworth and Staunton. And where did those aimless punts from Clark and Brown come from? Their first goal was in the net from the moment it left the free-kick taker’s foot; the defence failing to cope with first, second and third balls. The best pass of the game was from their keeper to Wootton for their fourth goal. The current team, regardless of their respective strengths and weaknesses, do not seem to be responding with any vigour to what they’re being told from the bench, it seems. Faint hearts and lack of cohesion all over the place.

Edited by themanwhowasntthere
  • Like 2

Not the first time we have been simply out fought by the visiting team, happens far too often teams working hard to close us down and stop us,  teams that come down here and actually have a couple of ball playing midfielders look to have all the time in the world.

Bar Cam King we have no one that actually looks comfortable on the ball.

45 minutes ago, Jmc said:

And yet we’re still averaging over 2000 despite no home win since Sept remarkable, selling season tickets next year will be a hell of a task , oh and I’d send mccouskey back tomorrow, use his wage to try and keep redshaw if he hasn’t already left

Even a fit Shawn McCoulsky is better than an injured Jack Redshaw. 

Pete Wild has signed 8 players how many are good enough, my worry his signings for next season.

Jerome binnion- williams
Liam Nolan
Liam McAlinden
Jeff King
Danny Williams
Charlie Cooper
Harry Redshaw
Shaun McClousky

13 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Even a fit Shawn McCoulsky is better than an injured Jack Redshaw. 

Mccoulsky was shocking yesterday 

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Well that would have been a waste of money then if true.

Do not know if it is true but I would not be surprised. Nothing surprises me at The Shay anymore.

1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

Do not know if it is true but I would not be surprised. Nothing surprises me at The Shay anymore.

We still have not replaced the scouting system that Heath demolished may 2016.

32 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Pete Wild has signed 8 players how many are good enough, my worry his signings for next season.

Jerome binnion- williams
Liam Nolan
Liam McAlinden
Jeff King
Danny Williams
Charlie Cooper
Harry Redshaw
Shaun McClousky

That's a whole new post!

The quick answer is 50%