Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
shayalive

Bury AFC

1 hour ago, Ash said:

Good Luck to them. Will they be at Gigg Lane?

When all this was going on. Sky sports said that whatever happens to them they have a clause at Gigg Lane that they’re able to keep playing there whatever happens. 

North West Counties seems a fair level to re-start tbf.

I wonder if the original club will fold now, or if the owner would try to continue with it. He seems the type that wouldn’t want to give the club up even though its dead and worthless. 

On 12/18/2019 at 9:45 AM, Ash said:

Good Luck to them. Will they be at Gigg Lane?

Made enquiries to share with Radcliffe and Ramsbottom apparently 

41 minutes ago, mj85 said:

Made enquiries to share with Radcliffe and Ramsbottom apparently 

I think they are knackered if they cannot play at Gigg Lane , be a long road back for them if they ever even do get back .

Being able to stay at The Shay was above all the other issues the most important , if we had to share with Bradford Park Avenue or Farsley/Guisely for example we would still be sratching around the glue leagues or worse gone completely.

• Like 3

FC Isle of Man versus AFC Bury in the NWCL next season. 

Different sort of trip! 

On 12/19/2019 at 11:47 AM, monk said:

I think they are knackered if they cannot play at Gigg Lane , be a long road back for them if they ever even do get back .

Being able to stay at The Shay was above all the other issues the most important , if we had to share with Bradford Park Avenue or Farsley/Guisely for example we would still be sratching around the glue leagues or worse gone completely.

Look at the journey AFC Wimbledon, or MK Dons, had before they ended up where they are now - about as far away from their roots as possible, but it looks like they are now heading back to Plough Lane, or near enough..

If they get accepted then it looks like its three down from the Conference.

One of Fylde or Chesterfield will probably benefit.

Odds on Fylde finishing fourth bottom, then winning promotion next year into the EFL? 

Why don't they,  for a change reward clubs for having a good season instead of giving clubs who have an unsuccessful season a reprieve .

It could be just as easy to rearrange the play offs and allow 3 clubs up from the National League and stick with the normal 2 down from the FL and reward clubs in non league , this has been caused by an FL club not getting it's house in order and another FL club benefits .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, monk said:

Why don't they,  for a change reward clubs for having a good season instead of giving clubs who have an unsuccessful season a reprieve .

It could be just as easy to rearrange the play offs and allow 3 clubs up from the National League and stick with the normal 2 down from the FL and reward clubs in non league , this has been caused by an FL club not getting it's house in order and another FL club benefits .

Depends what you count as success. For someone like Morecambe finishing 22nd in League 2 is a good season. Remember it is the same our level when a team goes bust not just FL

• Like 2

Why is it different for football teams from normal business'es? If as a company director you are found to be incompetent, fraudulent or not fit to run a business, you get barred from dong so by Companies House. I am assuming that all football clubs trade as some form of limited company, so why do the same names keep coming up in football, look at Peter Ridsdale, he went from Leeds to a number of other clubs, when it was obvious, at least to those living in Leeds who like to go to Elland Road, that he was at best incompetent and not fit to be let loose in a football stadium, with a cheque book.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Depends what you count as success. For someone like Morecambe finishing 22nd in League 2 is a good season. Remember it is the same our level when a team goes bust not just FL

I suppose it is a case of looking after your members , had Bolton gone the same way as Bury it would have meant no club relegated from the FL .

I don't think finishing 22nd in any league can be described as a good season though .

Is it better to struggle in the FL season after season or drop into the National and compete at the top end , it's not great from a fans perspective but the chairman might disagree .

3 hours ago, monk said:

I suppose it is a case of looking after your members , had Bolton gone the same way as Bury it would have meant no club relegated from the FL .

I don't think finishing 22nd in any league can be described as a good season though .

Is it better to struggle in the FL season after season or drop into the National and compete at the top end , it's not great from a fans perspective but the chairman might disagree .

For someone (again Morecambe as an example but could easily apply to a few other clubs) there is absolutely no certainty that they would drop out of the league and then compete at the top end. The money from being in the league is the life blood for some of them and could see them going to the wall with a huge loss of income and immediately struggling. 

3 hours ago, monk said:

Better to struggle in the FL every time. Anything to avoid being in this league.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Problem is burys fan base not big enough to support Phoenix club and the original club if they somehow survive , what a mess 

13 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Problem is burys fan base not big enough to support Phoenix club and the original club if they somehow survive , what a mess 

You'd imagine 99% would support the phoenix club surely? No chance anyone still supports the original club with Steve Dale as owner if it somehow survives and enters into the league system again

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

You'd imagine 99% would support the phoenix club surely? No chance anyone still supports the original club with Steve Dale as owner if it somehow survives and enters into the league system again

If we'd been in the same position I would have stuck with the original club whoever was in charge. Directors, staff & players come & go but you support the club regardless of its temporary representatives, even though you may not like what's going on at any given time. We've got FCHT now but, for me anyway, it will never be the same as HTFC.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

If we'd been in the same position I would have stuck with the original club whoever was in charge. Directors, staff & players come & go but you support the club regardless of its temporary representatives, even though you may not like what's going on at any given time. We've got FCHT now but, for me anyway, it will never be the same as HTFC.

I suppose the difference is the total breakdown in relationship between Dale and their fans. Can't imagine many will want anything to do with a club run by him

Similar to Northwich Victoria and 1874 Northwich.

Majority have supported the new club but quite a few stayed behind. 

Apparently the 2 factions can’t stand each other and there’s a lot of niggle when they meet. Very sad for supporters that used to stand together.

Witton Albion must be pissing themselves.