Sign in to follow this  
Shayfan92

Earing

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

See if you can work it out. 

22 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Hanson looks a decent prospect but he's still got a lot to learn. Also, I'm it sure right back is his best position. I think he'd be better in midfield.

I can't hence why I thought I would ask what your train of thought were re his attributes to play in midfield.

1 minute ago, chadders said:

I can't hence why I thought I would ask what your train of thought were re his attributes to play in midfield.

Maybe because he is quick, can dribble and started out as a winger. Only guessing Mr. C.

1 hour ago, chadders said:

I could see him as a Matty Pearson style holding midfielder with the right coaching. He has plenty of pace and strength he just needs to time his tackles better although that'll co.e the more he plays.

If we came up against a good side where we'd want to shore it up 451 I'd put him further forward with Ducky behind him.

6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I could see him as a Matty Pearson style holding midfielder with the right coaching. He has plenty of pace and strength he just needs to time his tackles better although that'll co.e the more he plays.

If we came up against a good side where we'd want to shore it up 451 I'd put him further forward with Ducky behind him.

He's not a central midfielder, attack or defence . Could possibly play winger or wing back in a five man defence, but right full back looks his strongest position

49 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I could see him as a Matty Pearson style holding midfielder with the right coaching.

you are kidding right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

I could see him as a Matty Pearson style holding midfielder with the right coaching.

:doh: This is when the ‘doesn’t get to many games’ argument becomes prominent in regards to your judgment there Mr EE

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grayski said:

:doh: This is when the ‘doesn’t get to many games’ argument becomes prominent in regards to your judgment there Mr EE

You may be right. I still see a defensive midfielder who can break at pace when needed.

But he is a right back by trade.

We have already tried this season to put round pegs in square holes (Staunton at centre back did an admiral job at Centre back but we needed a true centre back on loan with Staunton in midfield) Last Saturday albeit against an under strength Wrexham the team looked more balanced

1 minute ago, Bill Atkins said:

We have already tried this season to put round pegs in square holes (Staunton at centre back did an admiral job at Centre back but we needed a true centre back on loan with Staunton in midfield) Last Saturday albeit against an under strength Wrexham the team looked more balanced

Hope it carries on into the more important league run now. Redshaw simply has to start he’s part of the only few C.King and Allen that look to create anything and can make things happen. 

Big game tomorrow and gonna go for a 2-1 Town win. 

7 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Hope it carries on into the more important league run now. Redshaw simply has to start he’s part of the only few C.King and Allen that look to create anything and can make things happen. 

Big game tomorrow and gonna go for a 2-1 Town win. 

I wonder who'll play on the left? Probably Jeff King I suppose.

38 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Right. Williams did enough last week then?

Questionable but did give us some balance . Wild has proven that he sticks with what he knows . McAlinden should be best for that role but he isn't defensive enough ??? 

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Questionable but did give us some balance . Wild has proven that he sticks with what he knows . McAlinden should be best for that role but he isn't defensive enough ??? 

Aye, a proper left sides player who isn't a better player than Liam does seem to be getting the nod to give us balance. I think it's fair enough because it doesn't seem to be working out for Liam out on the left or the right for that matter.

42 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Right. Williams did enough last week then?

He did ok, nothing more than that, but like has been said he gives the side balance as he is left footed, he scored and we won. 

• Like 1