Sign in to follow this  
Jmc

Stockport away

19 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Thats because your standing in the corner with Corbyn TW.:P

It would be good if you and Corbyn could meet up. You can teach him how to win elections and he could teach you how to use the English language. ;)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chadders said:

Next to me then. You bring the hip flask I'll bring the mince pies.

Would hope as as Notts County you will be able to sit where you want.

Given that I could end up sat next to you, I would hope so too. :P

• Thanks 1

600/700 my guess , making it all ticket might deter a few but if my Geography is correct ( which it probably isn't as I don't know where Torquay is !!) it's our closest game geographically.

1 minute ago, monk said:

600/700 my guess , making it all ticket might deter a few but if my Geography is correct ( which it probably isn't as I don't know where Torquay is !!) it's our closest game geographically.

bar Harrogate yes.

4 minutes ago, chadders said:

bar Harrogate yes.

From the Shay yes but anyone who lives in the Hx6 area of Calderdale , Stockport is 36 miles while Harrogate is 41 miles 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Twisted Wheel said:

It would be good if you and Corbyn could meet up. You can teach him how to win elections and he could teach you how to use the English language. ;)

I can read and write which is something they told me I would never do again in 2004 so I don´t give a toss.:angry:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I thought they'd done away with The Sport? I think the editor was a Burnley fan that started working for BBC 5 Live.

Best sunday sport headline 'baked bean freaks bum explodes'!

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 3:22 PM, monk said:

Our good away support at places like Yeovil is mostly made up of supporters who have moved away from Halifax , it would be interesting to know exactly how many actually travelled from Halifax .

Probably 50/50 .

I did. Most of the travelling fans were familiar faces and Halifax accents.

32 minutes ago, Spiltdown Man said:

I did. Most of the travelling fans were familiar faces and Halifax accents.

The Shaymen down South branch must be dwindling , they used to run a coach to home games once upon a time .

Stockport fans in the east stand and abit of the north stand on New Year’s Day. Stupid idea really as they’ll bring many idiots. 700+ county fans 

Notts County also in the east stand as skircoat is closed. 

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Stockport fans in the east stand and abit of the north stand on New Year’s Day. Stupid idea really as they’ll bring many idiots. 700+ county fans 

What brilliant idea do you have then instead of using the only other seated section and the only other standing section we have. Maybe use block A in the east and then the skircoat side of the north, seems more convenient doing it that way. At least they would have a straight diagonal walk across the field if they wanted to sit or stand all of a sudden.

Bright spark.

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

I don't think they'll bring that many idiots or that many fans.

If they lose twice over Christmas you'll see about 500 if that.

On 12/18/2019 at 6:09 PM, mjc12345 said:

Think you can download the event brite app as well. All they do is scan the QR code.

I suggest everyone does this. 

I think it was Bromley earlier this season that also used the brite app which I used to buy my ticket and it really was simply and easy to use. 

1 hour ago, mjc12345 said:

What brilliant idea do you have then instead of using the only other seated section and the only other standing section we have. Maybe use block A in the east and then the skircoat side of the north, seems more convenient doing it that way. At least they would have a straight diagonal walk across the field if they wanted to sit or stand all of a sudden.

Bright spark.

Why not put them all in the North Stand?

Was there any need to reply in that matter?

8 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Why not put them all in the North Stand?

Was there any need to reply in that matter?

You have to provide seating and standing. We played Hartlepool who have a similar minority of fans like us and Stockport and there was no incident at start of season, when both in north and east stand.

4 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

You have to provide seating and standing. We played Hartlepool who have a similar minority of fans like us and Stockport and there was no incident at start of season, when both in north and east stand.

Maybe because it was on a Tuesday night? 

Me and 4 friends, two lads two lasses, once drove over to a party in Stockport one Thursday night. The party was all art students that were studying art over there and we knew one or two of them.

The club was above some shops on a little precinct.

Anyway we stayed for about an hour and then we left to go back over to Halifax. Before we left I did notice that there were a couple of lads with the bouncers that weren't invited to the party and one of them was down The Shay when Stockport played and he was one of their hooligans.

Anyway, about ten minutes after we left these lads and the bouncers started  beating the hell out of the people at the party for no reason at all. They were all art students  for Christ's sake so you can imagine they were the last people to want or be up for a fight. One guy managed to get out and run to a phone box to call the police and a bouncer followed him. He saw the bouncer and said it's ok I'm calling the police to which he was told Oh no you're not and the bouncer battered him.

The upshot of the night was that they knocked out female students and glasses one of them and really went to town on some of the lads.

Absolute f@cking scumbags.

All the doors at that time in Stockport were run by a guy called Chris Little. I'm sure of the last name. and I'm pretty sure he was called Chris.

He was a real dodgy character and he'd started to step on a few toes round Manchester.

Anyway he'd just bought a new BMW and he pulled up at some lights and a car pulled alongside him and shot him.

As far as I'm aware nobody was ever found guilty of his murder................

Edited by Erik Everhard

58 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Maybe because it was on a Tuesday night? 

Their first away game of the season, so to me kinda equals that of a normal sat game.

And to clarify first point I made, you have to provide some sort of seating, not seating and standing. Just seating is fine, but just standing is a no no and provisions have to be made for seating.

We are essentially providing now what Macclesfield does to away fans but on a bigger scale. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I don't think they'll bring that many idiots or that many fans.

If they lose twice over Christmas you'll see about 500 if that.

You’re joking ! Stockport will bring well over a thousand even if they lose next 2 , they brought 1100 last time in conf north 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Me and 4 friends, two lads two lasses, once drove over to a party in Stockport one Thursday night. The party was all art students that were studying art over there and we knew one or two of them.

The club was above some shops on a little precinct.

Anyway we stayed for about an hour and then we left to go back over to Halifax. Before we left I did notice that there were a couple of lads with the bouncers that weren't invited to the party and one of them was down The Shay when Stockport played and he was one of their hooligans.

Anyway, about ten minutes after we left these lads and the bouncers started  beating the hell out of the people at the party for no reason at all. They were all art students  for Christ's sake so you can imagine they were the last people to want or be up for a fight. One guy managed to get out and run to a phone box to call the police and a bouncer followed him. He saw the bouncer and said it's ok I'm calling the police to which he was told Oh no you're not and the bouncer battered him.

The upshot of the night was that they knocked out female students and glasses one of them and really went to town on some of the lads.

Absolute f@cking scumbags.

All the doors at that time in Stockport were run by a guy called Chris Little. I'm sure of the last name. and I'm pretty sure he was called Chris.

He was a real dodgy character and he'd started to step on a few toes round Manchester.

Anyway he'd just bought a new BMW and he pulled up at some lights and a car pulled alongside him and shot him.

As far as I'm aware nobody was ever found guilty of his murder................

Was allegedly killed by another Stockport guy who has been cleared of 3 separate murders Aaron coughlin , remember it well was living in Manchester at the time 

• Like 1

a third of our allocation has gone already by the looks of it. Should be a healthy away following