Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s game v Yeovil

9 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The FA Cup game against Harrogate was the changed formation that the fans were crying out for, it didn't work which is why he's gone back to what he knows .

Which is nothing.

2 hours ago, quizmaster said:

Good post. Alan Shearer said, 'If you can't win the ball make sure the opposing centre half doesn't win it' Calvert- Lewin totally bullied the centre backs all game both on 1st and 2nd balls. Rarely was he on his @arse with his hands in the air Whinging at the ref. 

Oh John its wasted on you.

You called Mark Beck a donkey all game other week.

Best hold up player and putting centre halves off in the league.

But at least Alan Shearer has shown you what to look for in football.

12 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

In my 70 years of watching the Shaymen we must have sign 12/15 quality long term injured players and I cannot honestly think of a single one that has worked out why we keep doing it I do not know, it´s just not worth the risk.

Freddy Hill & Dave Shawcross and erm, there must be a few more Steve.

9 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Freddy Hill & Dave Shawcross and erm, there must be a few more Steve.

Don´t remember either being long term injuries prior to signing DS from Stockport played 60 games in  just under 2 seasons for them and wasn´t Freddie unjured more or less as soon as he signed for us?

Mind you wish we had both now.:P

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

Don't want to join the TSS is not good enough brigade but I did wonder when we played Farsley in pre season, Danny Ellis had him in his back pocket & had time to join the attack too. Silva did show an improvement during our purple patch & had high hopes for a continuation but he has regressed & battled without an end product since, needs a rest.

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Don´t remember either being long term injuries prior to signing DS from Stockport played 60 games in  just under 2 seasons for them and wasn´t Freddie unjured more or less as soon as he signed for us?

Shawcross a very dodgy knee and was a risk, Hill released by Southampton due to ongoing injury issues if my memory serves me but it is a while ago.

Just now, Roy Race said:

Shawcross a very dodgy knee and was a risk, Hill released by Southampton due to ongoing injury issues if my memory serves me but it is a while ago.

A while ago Roy it´s bleeding decades. By long term injury I mean not actually played for 12  months plus before signing for us, yes have signed some good injury prone players who have been good for us infact we have one now ¨Matty Brown¨.

6 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

A while ago Roy it´s bleeding decades. By long term injury I mean not actually played for 12  months plus before signing for us, yes have signed some good injury prone players who have been good for us infact we have one now ¨Matty Brown¨.

Trouble is we in a situation where we have to take a punt with these players, its how we sort the wheat from the long term liabilities.

5 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Trouble is we in a situation where we have to take a punt with these players, its how we sort the wheat from the long term liabilities.

I would have thought that the position we are in at the moment re budget we simply cannot afford the risk so far it´s 5/6 weeks wages for 40 minutes less that half fit.

20 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Just watched PW´s interview at least he sounds p!$$ed off GOOD.

Needs to effectively convey his p1ssed offness to the players, not one for shouting out derogatory comments to players during the match but you can understand why some do at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Just watched PW´s interview at least he sounds p!$$ed off GOOD.

Can sound as annoyed as he wants but what he needs to do is make changes to the team and his tactics, no point being annoyed but making 1 change for the next league game and setting up the same

2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Can sound as annoyed as he wants but what he needs to do is make changes to the team and his tactics, no point being annoyed but making 1 change for the next league game and setting up the same

Totally agree  Mark just sounded as though he may, the thing that worries me most are the players he has brought in that are not performing.

1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Rangers just lost against a team with ten men, their biggest rivals too. 

RESIGN GERRARD!!! :D

They were already winning and only 20 mins left. 

we lost 2 ****ing nil to a team that had 10 men for 85 mins and we gathered 1 shot on target. Embarrassing. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

we lost 2 ****ing nil to a team that had 10 men for 85 mins and we gathered 1 shot on target. Embarrassing. 

And brought our new striker on for the last 6 minutes and left our best player on the bench all game

• Like 3

To compete so poorly against 10 men so many times must result in the management's ability being questioned as to how they can not adapt formation and tactics in order to benefit from having an extra man

3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Have you put in an FOI to find out what Chadders spent his £80 on :lol: 

Not that I have to justify to either of the chuckle brothers or anyone I here how I spend my dosh but.......  

£18 match day ticket.

£24 lunch and drinks in a top country pub just outside Yeovil.

£10 on Costa coffees and snacks.

£8 on pre match drinks at the ground.

£2 on half time Bovril.

@£22 towards petrol.

Even with Diane Abbott totting up I make that 80 quidish.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Don't take things too literal. The use of a laughing emoji indicates I was taking mick! 

As one of the 71 who went on the 550 mile round trip yesterday, i would just like to say this. If any of the players on show say they gave it 100% then they are a liar. We were slow at moving the ball, we could not pass to a team mate, we could not head the ball cleanly and we never had a shot on target to call a shot. What did the manager do to try and rectify the situation, he waited 60 mins. before making a substitution and the new striker he brought in gave him 6 mins.

The management now have a hell of a task on their hands to lift the squad before it becomes too late. No bullshit about over exceeding so far because that does not wash with me. I agree with a previous poster on here, I would play the strongest team possible against Farsley on Tuesday and use all 3 subs. and tell them all they are playing for a place against Wrexham on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Rangers just lost against a team with ten men, their biggest rivals too. 

RESIGN GERRARD!!! :D

Were already losing before they went down to 10  , town have been level or in front before blowing the gig x 4 

All successful football teams over the years have one thing in common, the manager selects what he considers to be his best 11 and sticks with them. Look back to the 70s the great Leeds United team, Revie only changed his 11 if forced to. Liverpool are the same now. Mulhall 97 98 season only changed team if forced to. Wild changes the team every game. Pick the best team play them at Farsley on Tuesday and next Saturday and let them get to know how to play with each other. It's not rocket science it's worked for years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Oh John its wasted on you.

You called Mark Beck a donkey all game other week.

Best hold up player and putting centre halves off in the league.

But at least Alan Shearer has shown you what to look for in football.

I will consider myself told. LOL:wacko:.

Re the same interview with Calvert Lewis I would suggest to PW that next Saturday his parting words to the players before they go out - no matter who he picks or whatever formation we play - 'Go out and get the respect of the fans back'