Sign in to follow this  
haldo

Banish 92 Pages of Politics to “Memory Lane Thread!”

4 hours ago, shaymen_x said:

No it was the relentless rhythm of the chant that stated the obvious that got me.... 'Elton John is an homosapien' (or similar). Sang to the tune of 'come and av a go if you fink your ard enuff' (another skircoat classic) it went on and on and on.... 

It was so ridiculous. If it was nowadays it would mean a season playing behind closed doors as punishment. 

Why, it was true, no different than chanting a referee is a blind so and so or you don't know what your doing etc. etc.

I agree... It was true and obvious... So the humour was in the fact that our fans were daft enough to repeat it over and over as if it really mattered. When actually it never mattered at all and it made no blind bit of difference by chanting it. Total irony. 

Edited by shaymen_x

18 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Why, it was true, no different than chanting a referee is a blind so and so or you don't know what your doing etc. etc.

Apart from, technicalyl, without going into too much detail, Elton probably wouldn't be interested in that side of things. He would probably be more interested in the other way round.............so to speak.

I agree with this post and said so on the main politics thread a day or two ago, but was hot down on there too! Get it (and this) shifted to the off topic area please.

18 minutes ago, andrich said:

I agree with this post and said so on the main politics thread a day or two ago, but was hot down on there too! Get it (and this) shifted to the off topic area please.

English please!

24 minutes ago, andrich said:

What's the problem, look at the headings. If you don't want to read them, don't go on them simple.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Now that the election is over, I agree with the OP. 

Give it the weekend to rake over the coals of last night's election and then consign it to the South stand bar? 

Agreed , although it's been interesting to read .

115 pages must be a record , I think if we got to the FA Cup final we would struggle to beat it .

• Like 1