Sign in to follow this  
born to moan

Amazon TV

20 hours ago, born to moan said:

To watch tonights and tomorrow's  premier league games you have to subscribe to Prime £7.99 a month. First we had to pay Sky, then BT and now Amazon. Who next. Step in Boris.

I am sure if you moan loud enough .. then labour will promise to pay for that as well as that seem to be their tactic..buy votes 

I scrapped sky ages ago saved a lot of cash 

now I have amazon Netflix and HBO which I can watch any where in the world 

not interested in premiership footy 

nick 

15 hours ago, dj funky said:

Well it wont be the first time Greg, got hoodwinked into my first marriage and that did cost me.

I know that feeling :) 

• Haha 1

I spend a fortune on TV subscriptions and find that I very rarely watch any more than about 10 channels. 

I currently have the full Sky TV package, BT Sports, Netflix, NFL Game Pass and Hulu (which I also need to keep a VPN sub for) 

Then there is Spotify and Youtube I also pay for on top of those.

I did have Amazon Prime briefly, as it worked out cheaper to have it for free postage, but cancelled it after about 10 days as there was pretty much nothing worth watching on it that I couldn't get on any of the other platforms. I'm not interested in getting it just for the odd football match that I often wont be able to watch due to either working or being at games myself. 

What the Premier League should do is have something similar to the NFL Game Pass. That Game Pass is a premium product, but allows the user to watch ALL NFL games live (exception being if they are being aired on UK TV at the time where it gets blacked out, but again using a VPN gets around that), can watch them after the event, highlights, interviews etc.... If they had a product like that for the Premier League I think it would sell in massive amounts. At the moment we have so many different options in how to watch, however each option costs extra money and not everything can be found in each option, so you need to buy multiple subscriptions.

So we avoid a monopoly, but are getting screwed at the same time.

Edited by Flea

23 hours ago, kit said:

Join Amazon prime free one month trial; immediately cancel. You still get it free for a month! (only works once of course)

i had it a few times the free trial ,it takes months n months but they offer it again eventually lol

6 minutes ago, ysb said:

i had it a few times the free trial ,it takes months n months but they offer it again eventually lol

I've had Prime trials from all the European Amazon's at one time or another. Don't know if the Premier League games can be viewed on Amazon.fr but maybe worth checking?

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I've had Prime trials from all the European Amazon's at one time or another. Don't know if the Premier League games can be viewed on Amazon.fr but maybe worth checking?

never tried to look for football as i just watched some old stuff that i hadnt seen like supernatural,and i watched em all,was great for that kinda stuff

23 hours ago, dj funky said:

Was shocked when I found out Amazon Prime had took 75 pound out of my account but I managed to get it back, its in the small print if you order something and you want it delivered quick then they pounce.

Sorry, but my mind's wandering to your anti-fart pants again! I suppose you'd want them extremely quickly, especially if your first wife was going off you at the time...

4 hours ago, chadders said:

No TV ?

I've got tv, just wont subscribe to sky!

Didn't have a tv for a long time when the kids were little! They had to go out and play.

• Like 1