Sign in to follow this  
Icke's Lizard

Team v Yeovil Away.

It's usually Erik or Nick that start these threads and seeing as they haven't, I shall. 

Are we full strength for Saturdays match? Is Clarkey back? 

What are people's opinions on setting up because Yeovil old manned us down the Shay and stopped our good start to the season in it's tracks. Yeovil were a very big physical side and how should we cope? 

2 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

It's usually Erik or Nick that start these threads and seeing as they haven't, I shall. 

Are we full strength for Saturdays match? Is Clarkey back? 

What are people's opinions on setting up because Yeovil old manned us down the Shay and stopped our good start to the season in it's tracks. Yeovil were a very big physical side and how should we cope? 

I don't think Clarke's back yet but I might be wrong. 

I'd go the same as the Harrogate game.

I wonder if Redshaw will be fit to play?

I tend to start the match day threads .. Erik

starts the team threads? 

did not think clarkey was back ..think he has only sat out two league games on his three match ban .. 

if Redshaw is fit I would play him. Woukd be interested to see McAlinden play the front man with Redshaw supporting  

cooper Maher and king in midfield always struggle to pick a forth midfield ..Josh is too anonymous for most of the games so for me it’s Allen 

the back picks itself 

• Like 1

I thought that maybe Guiseley EOD take Southwell back and perhaps a team like York would have given Hanson and Eating some game time.

I suppose it's dependant on injuries at different clubs too and how much the players agents and the club tout the players.

21 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I thought that maybe Guiseley EOD take Southwell back and perhaps a team like York would have given Hanson and Eating some game time.

I suppose it's dependant on injuries at different clubs too and how much the players agents and the club tout the players.

The famous spell check.. out new player .. Eating 

• Haha 1

If everyone is fit (clarke still banned for this game) 

Johnson. Williams. Staunton. Brown. Duckworth. Allen. Maher. Cooper. Mcdonald. Mcalinden/King. Redshaw. 

Thats the most talented attack we have therefore we know it won't be played. 

54 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Johnson. Williams. Staunton. Brown. Duckworth. Allen. Maher. Cooper. Mcdonald. Mcalinden/King. Redshaw. 

W dont know of all those player swill be fit. If they were then Pete might pick that side although I feel it's a big ask for Redshaw to start after only playing roughly 20 mins football do far this season. Probably better to start with Tobi and bring Jack on second half of fir.

I fancy Allen to have a good game on Saturday and I have a feeling he'll score.

22 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

W dont know of all those player swill be fit. If they were then Pete might pick that side although I feel it's a big ask for Redshaw to start after only playing roughly 20 mins football do far this season. Probably better to start with Tobi and bring Jack on second half of fir.

I fancy Allen to have a good game on Saturday and I have a feeling he'll score.

Believe it´s 20 minutes in nearly 2 years.

• Like 2

Seeing the way Veovil played at the Shay McAlinden would get absolutely battered if he was played up front with Redshaw. Tobi will have all on physically against them and he is a lot tougher than McAlinden.

3 hours ago, Greggs said:

Assuming that all the lads are fit I dont see why the team that started at Harrogate wont start at Yeovil. One of our better performances of late. Redshaw on the bench if fit, we need to be seeing if he does actually have anything to offer.

1 hour ago, archietaylor7 said:

Assuming that all the lads are fit I dont see why the team that started at Harrogate wont start at Yeovil. One of our better performances of late. Redshaw on the bench if fit, we need to be seeing if he does actually have anything to offer.

I think he'll go with the same starting 11. If he does let's hope for tj same amount of goals for us but no mistake and a clean sheet too.

A win down there and that's a huge boost to the lads confidence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, townmad said:

Seeing the way Veovil played at the Shay McAlinden would get absolutely battered if he was played up front with Redshaw. Tobi will have all on physically against them and he is a lot tougher than McAlinden.

Tobi Sho-Silva and Tough don’t go together. Sho-Silva gets barged off the ball a lot and gets out Jumped by every centre back he seems to play against. He’s always on his arse and if I remember correctly Yeovil were a big side and well organised. 

We need to play round them and get in behind instead of pumping long balls to cauliflower arse up front. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

I think he'll go with the same starting 11. If he does let's hope for tj same amount of goals for us but no mistake and a clean sheet too.

A win down there and that's a huge boost to the lads confidence.

It certainly would. I’d take a draw down there now. I know we need to win but I think a draw down there would be a great result then get some wins over the Christmas period. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Tobi Sho-Silva and Tough don’t go together. Sho-Silva gets barged off the ball a lot and gets out Jumped by every centre back he seems to play against. He’s always on his arse and if I remember correctly Yeovil were a big side and well organised. 

We need to play round them and get in behind instead of pumping long balls to cauliflower arse up front. 

Hes a strange lad one game hes on his arse all time next he puts himself about.

Not the greatest target man.

Hopefully saturday is a stay on his feet game

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Still struggling to get your head around Mr Wilds tactical deployment ?