Halfway Player of Season

mjc12345

Half way point, who is your player of the season for the 1st half so far!

Staunton for me, for someone who is still quite young for a football player to adapt to the different rolls, going between midfield and defence every 3 games! Always give it his all and just battles on!

Cameron King is the engine to this team. 

Matty Brown being out showed how much we missed him and how valuable he is to what we want to do.

Duckworth has been simply faultless and has been ever-present. 

Pick between the three. Duckworth probably just shading it due to having played every part, however I would probably hate losing the other two more oddly. 

Unlike everyone else I can’t find a reason against Duckworth. Johnson is probably second on consistency. Staunton is ace but we do better in the engine room when he’s put there. Cam King was meant to be going by straight into the football league for a few weeks, but his health problems have done terrible things for him. McAlinden had an unbelievable start and needs to rediscover that form. Browny might win it outright in the end, but has to stay out of injury. Even Binnom-Williams has a potential I think to have a stonking second half of the season, but the flair needs to completely eclipse the odd error.

1 hour ago, archietaylor7 said:

Appleyard:- Been named in every match day squad, not conceded a goal, not dropped a cross, not got his kit mucky, only used one pair of gloves. Has to be??

Spilled a cross against Yorkshire Ammies and conceded goal from it. ( or dosn’t the WRCC count :D)

2 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

Unlike everyone else I can’t find a reason against Duckworth. Johnson is probably second on consistency. Staunton is ace but we do better in the engine room when he’s put there. Cam King was meant to be going by straight into the football league for a few weeks, but his health problems have done terrible things for him. McAlinden had an unbelievable start and needs to rediscover that form. Browny might win it outright in the end, but has to stay out of injury. Even Binnom-Williams has a potential I think to have a stonking second half of the season, but the flair needs to completely eclipse the odd error.

Binnom-Williams needs to stop eating pies and get fit. Decent going forward but unable to get back.

Duckworth for me because he’s played every game. 

11 hours ago, mjc12345 said:

Half way point, who is your player of the season for the 1st half so far!

Staunton for me, for someone who is still quite young for a football player to adapt to the different rolls, going between midfield and defence every 3 games! Always give it his all and just battles on!

When Staunton learns to jump he'll make a great stand-in centre-half. To be honest, he's part of Wild's problems. He should have got someone in on loan, coz Staunton may be a grafter but a centre-half he certainly isn't. The most consistent player in the side is without doubt Duckworth.

14 hours ago, shaymanandy said:

Spilled a cross against Yorkshire Ammies and conceded goal from it. ( or dosn’t the WRCC count :D)

No!! The fact that there were only three of us there to witness it dictates that it doesn't count. Also, the fact that he pulled off a blindingly great save  in the penalty shoot out that effectively put us in the next round balanced the whole thing out. Mind you, that said, it should count against him cos now we have to go to Farsley. I'll call that strike 1.

Archived