Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Harrogate Game ..tonight

10 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Sound a bit touchy to me. 

Suggests Town were timewasting, with a gate of 1100 odd with over  25% of that away support I would say it's  Harrogate who are timewasting.

Edited by Roy Race
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hitler had a guy like him, he was called Lord Haw Haw. The truth of the matter is they have a team the town are not really interested in, in a stadium that would be a nightmare if they were to get into the league, being sustained by the managers father who keeps on throwing money at it. The cash he has wasted would have got any other manager the sack several times over if he was not daddy's little boy.

Edited by townmad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Sound a bit touchy to me. 

I think the guy who has written that has made a very fair review of the game and in my opinion a correct review too. 

-We didn’t rattle them at all and werent by far the better team so I can understand why he is confused by that. 

-First half players well and then 2nd half they were the better team and looked fitter which was correct. 

-Our 2nd goal was against the run of play as we wasn’t creating much at that point and Harrogate were better in the 2nd half. 

-He says a draw was a fair result which it was. 

Overall it’s a fair and truthful review of the game 

Edited by TJAshton

Still reflecting on 2 OGS

Is it playing on 3G that causes such naive mistakes? Harrogate know where to put the ball at pace. 

Harrogate friendly enough. 

Programme largest but lightweight. 

Impressed by our team spirit. Get Cam King fully fit body mind and spirit. 

30 minutes ago, Paul H Cleethorpes said:

Still reflecting on 2 OGS

Is it playing on 3G that causes such naive mistakes? Harrogate know where to put the ball at pace. 

Harrogate friendly enough. 

Programme largest but lightweight. 

Impressed by our team spirit. Get Cam King fully fit body mind and spirit. 

I wouldn’t say Brown’s own goal was even a mistake, as weird/silly as that sounds.

Good, low cross into the box from Harrogate. Striker ready and waiting. Brown simply had to get a foot on the ball and hope it went out for a corner/risk it going in the net.

Unfortunately it went in the net, but any defender would have been making more of a mistake by letting the ball run past him rather than trying to intercept it.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 3:43 PM, TJAshton said:

Yes that’s fine. Well done for reading it. So when I said we only 2/3 shots on target I was correct. One of them was a penalty and the other was a good save from their keeper other than that didn’t create much else other than the 2nd goal. Wilds interview also states that but unless he was “moaning or sleeping” he must have missed it too. But I agree a good conversion rate but it would be nice if we could of done that in the last 5/6 games. ;)

That’s not what you said. You didn’t say 2/3 shots on target. You said we had 2/3 shots, which weren’t even half decent. Of those 2/3 shots which weren’t even half decent, we got 2 goals! Make your mind up, and try to stop being so negative and critical about the team that you claim to support.

49 minutes ago, andrich said:

I thought at the time that it wasn't a red card but having watched the footage I'm dithering, Burrell appears to have a quick glance and knows that an opponent is approaching .

10 hours ago, andrich said:

That’s not what you said. You didn’t say 2/3 shots on target. You said we had 2/3 shots, which weren’t even half decent. Of those 2/3 shots which weren’t even half decent, we got 2 goals! Make your mind up, and try to stop being so negative and critical about the team that you claim to support.

One was a penalty and a good penalty indeed. Macalinden had a shot which was well saved in the first half and the other was a goal so I’m literally stating other than what I’ve just mentioned we didn’t really create anything else.   

“Claim to Support” :lol: I don’t know if you’re aware but not all supporters will have the same rosey view as you and can be so positive all the time. Hence why there are many difference of opinions on this forum and some can’t handle that just like yourself. 

We played well first half and 2nd half I thought we were average. We did have about 2/3 half decent shots baring in mind one was a penalty so sorry for telling you the facts. 

Enjoy your weekend ;)

11 hours ago, TJAshton said:

One was a penalty and a good penalty indeed. Macalinden had a shot which was well saved in the first half and the other was a goal so I’m literally stating other than what I’ve just mentioned we didn’t really create anything else.   

“Claim to Support” :lol: I don’t know if you’re aware but not all supporters will have the same rosey view as you and can be so positive all the time. Hence why there are many difference of opinions on this forum and some can’t handle that just like yourself. 

We played well first half and 2nd half I thought we were average. We did have about 2/3 half decent shots baring in mind one was a penalty so sorry for telling you the facts. 

Enjoy your weekend ;)

You too!

Let's not forget while talking about Harrogate, that annoying announcer. I remember the 2016/17 season "the Halifax goal scored by Sinnott a deflection". He couldn't comment  on the Hibbs goal from the half way line. The other night he announced the Brown OG was scored by their winger. We are better with our bloke, can't make out a word he says.