Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Harrogate Game ..tonight

12 hours ago, Flea said:

Well we sat back a little bit too much for my liking in the second half and invited them onto us, however other than that, I have very little criticism to throw at the team tonight. Overall I am more than happy with the performance of the team and feel that with decent officials and more luck in not slicing two into our own net, we would have won. 

Does make you wonder how much the artificial pitch played a role in the two sliced goals. Be interesting how many goals similar Harrogate score, are fizzy crosses into the penalty area a tactic they employ at home knowingly.

1 hour ago, andrich said:

Read the match report to find out about the shots that you missed whilst you were sleeping or moaning! If we only had 2/3 shots and scored 2 goals, that’s a great conversion rate, don’t you agree?

To right ! 2 good shots with good saves from LMc 1 from TSS and a good few more where I can't remember who, we are only 3 points shy of the top can't believe the scorned on here when we are doing well. We can't and won't win um all!

1 hour ago, andrich said:

Read the match report to find out about the shots that you missed whilst you were sleeping or moaning! If we only had 2/3 shots and scored 2 goals, that’s a great conversion rate, don’t you agree?

To right ! 2 good shots with good saves from LMc 1 from TSS and a good few more where I can't remember who, we are only 3 points shy of the top can't believe the scorned on here when we are doing well. We can't and won't win um all!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guido said:

Got to be happy with a point, frustrating I know with them being down to 10 men and not actually scoring a goal themselves.

We played into their hands somewhat by being too deep and narrow, this resulted in their wide players having far too much room and loads of time to get their crosses in. Beck as ever was his usual troublesome self and shows the benefit of having an old fashioned centre forward up top as there was no let up for Browny & Staunton all game.

Although there was plenty of effort I don't remember or think TSS had an effort on goal last night ? Nolan for me put in a decent shift although plenty around me thought otherwise, I still feel Cooper has been the problem the tempo drops right off when he picks up possession and all in all is too lightweight.

Agree re Nolan and can't understand why some would berate him; however some donut behind me was slagging McAlinden off!! Best display for a while just a shame we have no game on Saturday to keep the improving momentum going. Strange choice to take LM off first - though he has been carrying a knock recently - maybe King who had picked up a stupid booking or Cooper who had had a fairly quiet game up to that point.

Edited by chadders

Before the game, in isolation, a point wouldn't have seemed like a poor result. However, given our recent form we really needed the win, and to have been leading going into injury time it really does feel like a defeat. Sounded like we did enough to win the game, but we really need to start getting 3 points on the board again. We've had a quite tough run in the last few months too, though, and we've been a little unlucky not to have picked up another 4/5 points tbh.

Yeah as disappointing as our results have been, we should still be a few points clear at the top.

Take Harrogates last minute goals both last night and the home game and that is 3 for a start!

Last night proved the full value of having a game changer on the bench. Beck had given  Browny & Josh a torrid time all evening and then just as we were closing in on the 3 points with them down to 10 men, they bloody introduce a wily old bugger like John Stead. At that point I genuinely thought we were screwed, how were Browny & Josh going to cope with the two of them? I actually thought that once they got the equaliser they would sucker punch us again. I cant make up my mind if the point we took was a good result or not, should it have been all 3?? To be fair we were completely out played for 80% of the game by a really good footballing side, anybody who says different is kidding themselves. But to lose out like we did, well once again we were he masters of our own downfall. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, andrich said:

Yes that’s fine. Well done for reading it. So when I said we only 2/3 shots on target I was correct. One of them was a penalty and the other was a good save from their keeper other than that didn’t create much else other than the 2nd goal. Wilds interview also states that but unless he was “moaning or sleeping” he must have missed it too. But I agree a good conversion rate but it would be nice if we could of done that in the last 5/6 games. ;)

20 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

Last night proved the full value of having a game changer on the bench. Beck had given  Browny & Josh a torrid time all evening and then just as we were closing in on the 3 points with them down to 10 men, they bloody introduce a wily old bugger like John Stead. At that point I genuinely thought we were screwed, how were Browny & Josh going to cope with the two of them? I actually thought that once they got the equaliser they would sucker punch us again. I cant make up my mind if the point we took was a good result or not, should it have been all 3?? To be fair we were completely out played for 80% of the game by a really good footballing side, anybody who says different is kidding themselves. But to lose out like we did, well once again we were he masters of our own downfall. 

Beck showed last night what a real centre forward is. Hold up play brilliant, won almost every header and brought in everyone around him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ash said:

More like they threw the kitchen sink at it because they were loosing and there was 5 minutes left!

Could be but they always looked like winning even when it was 2-2 for the last bit. 

Wrexham and Notts County as well. We can’t handle teams with 10 men for some reason and both teams always looked like winning just like last night. 

6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Beck showed last night what a real centre forward is. Hold up play brilliant, won almost every header and brought in everyone around him. 

I actually thought we dealt with Beck ok last night, most of his good work was done 30 yards from goal rather than in the penalty area as previous games. 

5 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I actually thought we dealt with Beck ok last night, most of his good work was done 30 yards from goal rather than in the penalty area as previous games. 

Agreed a lot of it was done outside the area however a few moments when he was in the box in the first half I thought he was going to score but he holds the ball up so well

16 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Agreed a lot of it was done outside the area however a few moments when he was in the box in the first half I thought he was going to score but he holds the ball up so well

He spent a lot of time in the first half on the deck claiming free kicks, wasn't getting the sympathy of the ref and stopped acting like a prick 

Edited by Papa Lazarou

3 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

He spent a lot of time in the first half on the deck claiming free kicks, wasn't getting the sympathy of the ref and stopped acting like a prick 

Just like Sho Silva

3 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Biggest cheat of the night was Falkingham who was a disgrace when trying to get Jeff King sent off.

Indeed. Jeff also shouldn’t of tried getting him up as it was obvious he was going to get booked. But agree falkingham is a knob! 

10 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Biggest cheat of the night was Falkingham who was a disgrace when trying to get Jeff King sent off.

Agreed, however biggest moment of stupidity was King reacting to it. He needs to be smarter than that. No complaints on Jeff's yellow, and its a stupid one as whilst being provoked, it is one that is easily avoidable.

The ref and his liner were a disgrace last night. King played right into the refs hands there as he was itching to book every Town player and he gave him the perfect reason to do so. 

3 hours ago, chadders said:

Agree re Nolan and can't understand why some would berate him; however some donut behind me was slagging McAlinden off!! Best display for a while just a shame we have no game on Saturday to keep the improving momentum going. Strange choice to take LM off first - though he has been carrying a knock recently - maybe King who had picked up a stupid booking or Cooper who had had a fairly quiet game up to that point.

I was talking to a steward at half time on sat  who said LMc had been playing with an injury for weeks so not to let us down, if that's the case well good on him, I would say if true that's why he was subed.

Edited by Buddy

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Agree and Stead too-which makes the way the goals were conceded all the more galling.

19 hours ago, Greggs said:

People want us to take this opportunity we are high up the table. We have a decent team. We simply won't have this opportunity very often with the league so wide open. We seem to be trying to blow it in new ways every week. Is that 1 win in 9 now? We can't keep relying on others losing to keep our position. With a free weekend now we have to sit and watch as we probably end up just 1 point inside the play offs. 

I was watching the Leeds game on the box tonight they won it late on and the commentator said thats what promotion winning sides do they find a way to win when they are not at there best. Well we are far from our best and we arn't winning. 

I just so desperately want us to stay here and not fizzle out as per usual. 

Exactly! 

Thats what its about,this being a golden oppertunity to get out of this league,our hopes were high and now not so,its good being optimistic but draws and losses dont make ya win promotion,Do they?. Up to press we have been so so lucky to be still in the race,but thats simply down to others results and not our own play. We all want to win and to have any chance of promotion we have to get back to that form that we had at the start of the season,otherwise we'll end up out of the play offs and finishing the season around 12 or worse.I want promotion and i'm sure you guys do too,and we have a right to firstly BACK THE TEAM and MANAGER but we also have a right to QUESTION them and him and his tactics as we are the butter on his bread. Nuff said

Edited by ysb

4 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

The crowd of 1185 was disappointing, seems Harrogate and Halifax have the same problem. Closet Leeds fans staying at home to watch Sky sports.

The half time reveal of the Leeds score last night was cringe worthy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ysb said:

Exactly! 

Thats what its about,this being a golden oppertunity to get out of this league,our hopes were high and now not so,its good being optimistic but draws and losses dont make ya win promotion,Do they?. Up to press we have been so so lucky to be still in the race,but thats simply down to others results and not our own play. We all want to win and to have any chance of promotion we have to get back to that form that we had at the start of the season,otherwise we'll end up out of the play offs and finishing the season around 12 or worse.I want promotion and i'm sure you guys do too,and we have a right to firstly BACK THE TEAM and MANAGER but we also have a right to QUESTION them and him and his tactics as we are the butter on his bread. Nuff said

The Chairman has to back his manager to get us over the finishing line.

We will never have a better opportunity than this season.

Over to you David....

• Like 1