Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Harrogate Game ..tonight

Recommended Posts

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Which is what we've all been crying out for.

Get Browny and Clarkey back as a partnership and the whole team suddenly feel more confident of keeping a clean sheet. Once you feel confident of keeping a clean sheet you can concentrate on scoring goals.

It'll come mate.

I really wish it would. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st half played decent and defended well. 2nd half sat back and didnt really do anything at all. Sho silva on his arse all game, won the odd header here and there and ran chasing the ball near the corner flag now and then other than that nothing. 

Staunton, Nolan and Cooper poor tonight. 

Binnom, Allen and ducky played well. 

They were down to 10 men and yet again looked like the winning team. Nothing much is changing apart from we are defensively slightly better and had 1/2 more shots on target than usual. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Flea said:

Feels like a defeat tbf.

I thought we were excellent in the first half and were really unlucky to not go in at HT more than one ahead.

Sat back a bit too much in the second and were up against it for the most part as a result. Brown's OG to make it 1-1 was sickening as we had contained them well even when being on the back foot for a while. We snatched the lead with our first attempt of the second half, only for the cruelest of cruel OG's to snatch a late point. 3 mins into injury time, the player playing the ball in 5 yards offside (The liner on our side of the pitch was truly horrific and failed to put his flag up against Harrogate for the entire game) and a horrific slice from Staunton. 

Might sound like I am making excuses here, but I am putting the result of this one down to the piss poor ref and his even worse liner. We did enough to win the game in fairness. Had we been shite I would be more than honest in saying so. 

Wouldn’t go as far as excellent first half I thought we were decent. Excellent was chesterfield away first half 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harrogate are a far better side than Town, individually and collectively so after beating us twice already I think this is a point gained. Joyous scenes when King put us 2-1 up but a shame how we blew it against 10 men yet again. Doing that 3 times this season already is not a good record to have. I think things worked better with McAlinden and Sho in the first half but going too deep in the second meant it didn't work as well. Enter Cameron King, I thought McAlinden was the unlucky one to be subbed.

A real goal glut in our division tonight and more unpredictable results, wide open, hard to say who will win it. Not a bad night all in all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Wouldn’t go as far as excellent first half I thought we were decent. Excellent was chesterfield away first half 

Well we sat back a little bit too much for my liking in the second half and invited them onto us, however other than that, I have very little criticism to throw at the team tonight. Overall I am more than happy with the performance of the team and feel that with decent officials and more luck in not slicing two into our own net, we would have won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pairing of McAlinden and Sho in the first half was what made the difference, McAlinden made a brilliant run early on and went very close with a scorching shot. At last Pete has taken note of the forum and for that fact I refused to take him to Grimsby in the morning

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Annoyed I missed it because it sounded like a good game.

It definitely sounds like things are turning back in our favour and it's good to see Pete changing things tonight. He has given the players a fair go along with the formation and he's now trying to change things slightly.

Good on him.

Now let's go down to Yeovil and take 3 points off them.

UTS.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether we played excellent or whether we were poor, its still a big 2 points dropped in the end. Against 10 men we should be seeing the game out and looking like the team with the extra man however we seem incapable of doing that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought an excellent interview from PW on Shayman says no approach from his side does not say whether Grimsby have approached him or not but a good vibrant interview.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I thought an excellent interview from PW on Shayman says no approach from his side does not say whether Grimsby have approached him or not but a good vibrant interview.

I believe him but i wouldnt expect him to say "yeah I've approached grimsby and told them of my interest in the job"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to be happy with a point, frustrating I know with them being down to 10 men and not actually scoring a goal themselves.

We played into their hands somewhat by being too deep and narrow, this resulted in their wide players having far too much room and loads of time to get their crosses in. Beck as ever was his usual troublesome self and shows the benefit of having an old fashioned centre forward up top as there was no let up for Browny & Staunton all game.

Although there was plenty of effort I don't remember or think TSS had an effort on goal last night ? Nolan for me put in a decent shift although plenty around me thought otherwise, I still feel Cooper has been the problem the tempo drops right off when he picks up possession and all in all is too lightweight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Guido said:

Got to be happy with a point, frustrating I know with them being down to 10 men and not actually scoring a goal themselves.

We played into their hands somewhat by being too deep and narrow, this resulted in their wide players having far too much room and loads of time to get their crosses in. Beck as ever was his usual troublesome self and shows the benefit of having an old fashioned centre forward up top as there was no let up for Browny & Staunton all game.

Although there was plenty of effort I don't remember or think TSS had an effort on goal last night ? Nolan for me put in a decent shift although plenty around me thought otherwise, I still feel Cooper has been the problem the tempo drops right off when he picks up possession and all in all is too lightweight.

 

Agree with you on Nolan, controls the ball better, can see a pass and is generally better than Cooper who cant do any of the above very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TJAshton said:

I can assure you. We were sitting back and they had 10 men ffs. 

More like they threw the kitchen sink at it because they were loosing and there was 5 minutes left!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

I believe him but i wouldnt expect him to say "yeah I've approached grimsby and told them of my interest in the job"...

I believe the lad but I do think they have made an approach otherwise the working would have been different inthe line Ï categorically deny any approach from Grimsby¨.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 points dropped and 2 point about of 6 from the last 2 games isn't great, but last night was as good as I have seen for a while. TSS and LM were causing problems all the first half, with Tobi having his best game for ages. Thought Allen had the left back on toast for most of the game with Jeff King also doing well on the other wing. Falkingham was an embarrassment and certainly should have got a 2nd yellow card for his cheating when trying to get Jeff King sent off. He got his first yellow for a sneaky kick out on Cooper. We were pushed back right from the kick off 2nd half and this was expected given the score at the time and Harrogates home record, the first OG was unlucky but the lads dug in and Cameron Kings goal came after some good football. We should have been a little more professional against 10 and moved the ball round and kept it, but when players like JBW shoot from 50 yards out rather than keep the ball shows a lack of experience. Overall, an improvement in team set up and performance, but 2 points dropped 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't at the match but listened to the whole match on Radio York. I was gutted afterwards. We should be professional enough to see a game out with a man advantage but hey-go that's football I suppose. 

More of a generalisation of the season is that we create many crossing opportunities but there's nobody ever there to get on the end or aim for. I'm running out of patience with TSS if I'm brutally honest as he falls on the floor too much and the ref gets fed up very early. We need better but I suppose that's the age old problem, it's not always easy to find 20 goal a season strikers or 15 assists. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Wasn't at the match but listened to the whole match on Radio York. I was gutted afterwards. We should be professional enough to see a game out with a man advantage but hey-go that's football I suppose. 

More of a generalisation of the season is that we create many crossing opportunities but there's nobody ever there to get on the end or aim for. I'm running out of patience with TSS if I'm brutally honest as he falls on the floor too much and the ref gets fed up very early. We need better but I suppose that's the age old problem, it's not always easy to find 20 goal a season strikers or 15 assists. 

 

To be fair with tobi he isnt a big lad and he's up against some big strong defenders so im not suprised he's on his backside alot. He does the job hes asked to do although much prefer him up top in a 2

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought TSS was very effective for much of the game last night. Especially in the last half hour when we had a very effective out ball long down the left which he won almost every time. 

We did sit very deep (perhaps against our will) and Harrogate were very good at securing the second ball around the edge of our box. Our deep defence also seemed to stop Sam coming out to command the box more like he would usually. 

They put so many crosses into the box it felt like a matter of time to be honest. Quality deliveries too (and too much time to measure them). Browny had to do something with his, unlucky to be an OG, but I thought we had just about dealt with the 2nd until it was sliced in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

To be fair with tobi he isnt a big lad and he's up against some big strong defenders so im not suprised he's on his backside alot. He does the job hes asked to do although much prefer him up top in a 2

And he scored a goal;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Well the commentary are lying. We didn’t play well and had about 2/3 shots which weren’t even half decent 

Read the match report to find out about the shots that you missed whilst you were sleeping or moaning! If we only had 2/3 shots and scored 2 goals, that’s a great conversion rate, don’t you agree?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Shaymen1984 said:

I'm confused! What's that Twitter on about??? 

King in interview said he was giving it to Tobi so must have hit him on way in

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...