Sign in to follow this  
Barkisland Blue

The News from Grimsby

14 minutes ago, mj85 said:

For chicken shop, you could insert 'beauty salon', 'hairdressers', 'bar', whatever.

Have you never wondered how perceived quiet shops continue to 'trade' for years despite seeming to have no customers?

Never really crossed my mind tbh I just thought they did online business, or people phoned up and got food delivered!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mj85 said:

Having visited both SkyBet and Sky's offices in Leeds for work, they are actually totally separate businesses. SkyBet actually poach quite a lot of staff from Sky with numerous schemes. Sky is down at Clarence Dock, Sky Bet on Wellington Place.

They're one of the top 100 UK employees, and what they do for their staff is actually fantastic in terms of benefits, facilities, flexible working, and various others bits.

Whether the gambling industry is a good thing or not is open to interpretation, but the amount of jobs that SkyBet have provided for people in Leeds in Web Development, Software Development, HR, Finance, IT Support, Project Management and so on and so forth is probably more than any other company in the city.

In other news, Nuneaton have said they are taking two coaches and 70 followers to the Suffolk coast tomorrow.

16 hours ago, Flea said:

Same with the late night fireworks... everyone knows it means the new shipment of drugs has arrived. 

Not the most carbon neutral method of delivery, or the most accurate. Is that why Sainsbury's stopped selling them? 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Not the most carbon neutral method of delivery, or the most accurate. Is that why Sainsbury's stopped selling them? 

Drugs?

• Haha 1

and tell me how do car washes make any money, £5 a car , price not changed for years, 5 or 6 employees managing say 10 cars an hour maximum but not at that rate for all of the day ?

12 minutes ago, Paul H Cleethorpes said:

Speculation rife with Grimsby fans. 

I really do hope he says with us 

But if he does go then I hope Clarkey puts in for the job and he gets it 

53 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I really do hope he says with us 

But if he does go then I hope Clarkey puts in for the job and he gets it 

Why Clarke ffs?

Edited by TJAshton

3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I want him to stay because he's a good manager.

You f#cking idiot. Why the f#ck do you think I want him to stay?

No. I’m on about why do you want Clarke as manager. I’ve edited it to make it easy for you. (P.S I like wild and don’t want him sacked. Said numerous times he’s the right man for the job just needs a couple more additions. That’s before you say I don’t like Wild ;))

Dont get so touchy Erik when you don’t even know who I was meaning. I know it’s Monday but cheer up pal

Edited by TJAshton

10 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

No. I’m on about why do you want Clarke as manager. I’ve edited it to make it easy for you. (P.S I like wild and don’t want him sacked. Said numerous times he’s the right man for the job just needs a couple more additions. That’s before you say I don’t like Wild ;))

Dont get so touchy Erik when you don’t even know who I was meaning. I know it’s Monday but cheer up pal

It was a wind up.

Why not Clarke if Wild goes to Grimsby.

Clarkey is a big part of our success this season.

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It was a wind up.

Hmm. I just don’t see it working with him but you never know. He would certainly have the fans on his side

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I'll try.

4 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

It was a wind up.

Clarke had been poor this season & it would be a massive gamble to appoint him if Wild does go.Only my opinion.