Sign in to follow this  
Barkisland Blue

The News from Grimsby

3 minutes ago, haldo said:

If he reads the ridiculous rants from the “Snowflakes” on here ,he will go. 

We are overachieving this year! Support him and give him time ! Jose Or Sir Alex would have had chants for sacking on this forum!

Nothing on here compares with what each of Jose or Alex had to put up with at times on their respective forums.

Why the hell would anyone want to move to Grimsby. The coldest I've ever been in my life was watching Town draw 0-0 their years ago. It's a #$%$hole. That Town fan who had a go at him Saturday must have really pissed him off if he wants to go to Grimsby.

Edited by born to moan
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Why the hell would anyone want to move to Grimsby. The coldest I've ever been in my life was watching Town draw 0-0 their years ago. It's a #$%$hole. That Town fan who had a go at him Saturday must have really pissed him off if he wants to go to Grimsby.

It's not even Grimsby, it's Costa del Cleethorpes.

• Like 1

Good, let’s all get behind him and the team tonight and let him know we appreciate the season as a whole so far.

Even more money on Wild 8/13 pp to be next Grimsby manager. lets hope your very good authority is right because somebody is putting a hell of a lot of money on Wild.

28 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Had it on very good authority that. "He's not applied and not going" 

I for one am happy if true as more than likely we will probably finish 10-15position this season and considering I'd say that's decent. If and its a massive if the fans don't go mental he can have a full pre season and move the club on. We cant keep changing managers willy nilly its not sustainable. 

Edited by Shaymen0

35 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Source ?

2 minutes ago, Flea said:

Wild has said he has not applied, nor has he been approached for the job. 

Those are not rumours, those are words from his own mouth.

Source - Pete Wild. 

Of course he’s going to tell you that. Not going to be telling the fans he’s applied for the job is he :lol:

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

Of course he’s going to tell you that. Not going to be telling the fans he’s applied for the job is he :lol:

I have no reason to think he is lying.

He has also been quoted in the Evening Courier tonight saying pretty much the same thing. 

Peter Wild certainly did not act like a man who had applied for the Grimsby job at Harrogate tonight. Acknowledged the fans before and after the game, fans chanted his name during and I did not give him a lift to Grimsby.

At the moment it is business as usual.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Peter Wild certainly did not act like a man who had applied for the Grimsby job at Harrogate tonight. Acknowledged the fans before and after the game, fans chanted his name during and I did not give him a lift to Grimsby.

At the moment it is business as usual.

Thank cod for that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, born to moan said:

I think he cant cope with the fans against him ,hes not used to it and the physio was having ago with a fan who was complaining andwas really upset

10 hours ago, Barkisland Blue said:

The news from Grimsby is that Pete Wild applied for their vacant managers job !

He obviously therefore does not want to be at the Shay and now if he gets the job or not his position obviously becomes untenable with the BOD and the fans ?

The performances over the past two months have been absolutely dire and all in all Mr Wild may have signed is own death warrant by his actions !!

So bullshit then!

15 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

10 hours ago, Flea said:

Source - Pete Wild. 

10 hours ago, Flea said:

Source - Pete Wild. 

Yep, heard the same from credible sources. But I suppose we live in an age of fake news and people flying off the handle without any substantial evidence. 

A lot of this comes from Sky who have a news and betting arm. 

Create unfounded stories, get people to lump on their betting site and earn a fortune when it doesn't come true and the bets don't come in. 

Its only Pete Wild so it won't be millions of pounds, but it all adds up over time. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Yep, heard the same from credible sources. But I suppose we live in an age of fake news and people flying off the handle without any substantial evidence. 

He said in his interview he has not applied but nothing mentioned re Grimsby approaching him which you would have thought he would. TBH they have or they haven´t can understand if they have, we will see in time. If he goes he goes Icke personally believe he would be better staying turning things around and the at the end of the season he would have his choice of a few clubs. Then again Grimsby is a much bigger club than us.

5 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

A lot of this comes from Sky who have a news and betting arm. 

Create unfounded stories, get people to lump on their betting site and earn a fortune when it doesn't come true and the bets don't come in. 

Its only Pete Wild so it won't be millions of pounds, but it all adds up over time. 

Under these circumstances I would have a moral obligation to categorically deny any approach on either side to stop Flea from losing money. (sorry Flea could not resist....joke submit Flea for fans).

5 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

He said in his interview he has not applied but nothing mentioned re Grimsby approaching him which you would have thought he would. TBH they have or they haven´t can understand if they have, we will see in time. If he goes he goes Icke personally believe he would be better staying turning things around and the at the end of the season he would have his choice of a few clubs. Then again Grimsby is a much bigger club than us.

Travelling from Oldham, his assistant Chris from Manchester everyday is a boring trek and then there are weekends away. I doubt they'd see there families. I think he should stay here and try create something good, be inspired by the likes of the Cowleys at Lincoln. 

Heard he isn't going and I believe what I hear. 

On 11/26/2019 at 3:00 PM, Bubba said:

Lets not overreact.

They should have that as a strapline on the back of our shirts instead of STID

Take overreacting off this forum and you're probably left with a dozen members.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2