Sign in to follow this  
Guido

Wild Thing

I hope he walks and some of the ‘fans’ get what they deserve in National North.

The lad has done, one the whole a very good job since he walked through the door and some are not appreciating that.

9 minutes ago, Ash said:

The lad has done, one the whole a very good job since he walked through the door and some are not appreciating that.

You hope your own manager walks as he’s struggling to handle a few moans here and there. Wow. 

And why would we be in the national north?? 

And to your last point I think people appreciate what he and the players have achieved so far and I’ve never seen the club and fans get behind a manager more than this. At this current time it’s been awful to watch and results haven’t been good enough. We’ve won 4 in 13 games and performances have been below average. Everybody praised the players and the manager before but Now some people can’t handle a bit of criticism which is part and parcel of football. Nobody wants him sacked or dislikes him they’re voicing an opinion as it’s not good enough and nothing is changing even though he’s saying it will over and over again!

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Only you have mentioned sacking him, he is very safe from that extreme yet. Anyway, Sacking did work wonders in the last few years, saved us from relegation. People can say what they want. Are you one of these people that remains silent when you see wrong, at football or in life generally? Not one person on earth has anymore right to speak than anyone else. Yes, we are much worse than earlier in the season, I thought that would be obvious.

So if you don't see the need to slate the players/ manager you're happy in your eyes? 

We've won 3/4 games this season playing similar style football to yesterday, we were never as good as some were saying. Did you go to Wrexham? I did we couldnt create a chance against 10 men and look where they are in the league. Barrow away was smash and grab, D&R at home was a hard watch also.

1 minute ago, greygoose said:

So if you don't see the need to slate the players/ manager you're happy in your eyes? 

We've won 3/4 games this season playing similar style football to yesterday, we were never as good as some were saying. Did you go to Wrexham? I did we couldnt create a chance against 10 men and look where they are in the league. Barrow away was smash and grab, D&R at home was a hard watch also.

It was a hard watch but Dagenham certainly deserved something from the game we just got very lucky as I think they missed an open net from a yard out. 

Wrexham again down to 10 men and somehow we got over run and lost. Notts County Down to 10 men and we got over run and didn’t create a single shot on target. Nothing in the game changed and when it wasn’t working wild did nothing to try and change anything 

1 minute ago, greygoose said:

I am sure, fans who are critical at the moment, like me are critical of the present slump at home, Wild persisting with his way which obviously isn't working. I did go to Wrexham, Barrow, all home games. That has nothing to do with the price of bacon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

I am sure, fans who are critical at the moment, like me are critical of the present slump at home, Wild persisting with his way which obviously isn't working. I did go to Wrexham, Barrow, all home games. That has nothing to do with the price of bacon.

Bacon? Just pointing out we werent that great early on thiin many games early season but results were coming.

4 hours ago, Hoddie said:

I agree to an extent but Town do seem to excel in the knobhead supporter table.  When I first started following Town there was an incident where a ref was whacked in the head by the end of a crutch, wielded by a Town fan. That was probably the worst thing I ever witnessed, but such incidents against managers, players and officials are not exactly uncommon at the Shay.

Moving the dugouts would at the very least allow Wild to concentrate on the game rather than on what people are shouting in his direction.

Didn't Aspin move the dug out to the Skircoat side?....but soon moved it back when he got drenched from the leaking Skircoat gutters:D

• Like 1

I also sit just behind the duguts and apart from some 'sort it out Wild' I didn't hear any abuse. 

I like Wild and also think yesterday was a slight improvement on recent home games but I can not understand what he sees in the likes of Mcalinden he is so one paced and lightweight it's unbelievable it feels like the team are constantly carrying passengers yet certain players always get full 90 mins 

Edited by fchtnico1

If he can't see playing Maher and Cooper you have immediately given up the middle of the park, he deserves all the criticism he gets. Live with it Improve or go, simples.

Always thought the East Stand were full of gentle fans , think Wild as had a good run with the fans unlike John Carroll when we lost 5 4 to Bath at the shay was lucky to get off the pitch with the fans howling for his blood at least we scored 4, later that year when he was manger at Gateshead our fans never let up at him so what did he do smiled and waved at us then blew a kiss.

We may be fickle fans-but in over a 100 years-we have not had a Team to be proud of,A few years in Division 3 in the 70's is the pinnacle of our success,3 points behind the leaders(who I think will win it btw) but we've 24 games(maybe 26/27) to create something special-and promoted teams from conference often do well in League 2-with 4 promotoin places,The likes of Yeovil/Burton/Doncaster to name a few have played recently in The Championship,So why not FCHT- are we to forever remain a joke club ? Never have we had a better chance to return to the Football League in this VERY inconsistent league

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GLPFCHT said:

Never have we had a better chance to return to the Football League in this VERY inconsistent league

I agree that this is a great opportunity for us, along with about a dozen or so others 

Just to be a tad controversial ..... Is it possible that our wonderful first half-a-dozen or so matches is down to the fact that Wild inherited a tiny squad with seemingly no direction that just went onto the pitch and did what they felt as he hadn`t time to "put his stamp" on the side?????

Seems the longer he has to get them playing as he wants, the more inept we become?

Not for a second suggesting we should get rid, or that he should be abused (if that was the case), but on current form - even allowing for everyone elses  inconsistencies - mid-table would be the best we could hope for.

• Like 1

Sat in the East stand yesterday, I also saw him give the F&!k off comment to the crowd - although didn't hear what the jibe was to inspire it (I didn't hear anything malicious at all, but may have missed something).

Thought it was really poor at the time, highlighting a lack of experience at this level, plus a sign of the pressure he's feeling maybe.

Unfortunately it's only going to get worse if results and performances continue as they are. Don't know how long he can keep banging the drum of look where we are in the league - performances have been particularly poor recently,  especially at home - I also remember the stick Heath got (a lot of it over the top imho) and never saw him respond like this directly to the crowd.

I'm realistic enough to know we've over achieved to be where we are at this point, but this doesn't excuse the inability to change tactics week-on-week when it's clearly not working.

Worrying times - 50 points is suddenly starting to look a bit further away.

Will be at Harrogate on Tuesday, got everything crossed that we turn up and perform - Harrogate have been good both times at the Shay this season, going to be a tough one.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ash said:

Ash , you seem to back every manager who comes through the door regardless of results .

I agree he is doing a good job if you consider the circumstances around his appointment but current form especially at home is terrible and we are in a false position in the league.

6 hours ago, fchtnico1 said:

I also sit just behind the duguts and apart from some 'sort it out Wild' I didn't hear any abuse. 

I like Wild and also think yesterday was a slight improvement on recent home games but I can not understand what he sees in the likes of Mcalinden he is so one paced and lightweight it's unbelievable it feels like the team are constantly carrying passengers yet certain players always get full 90 mins 

I'd be reluctent of singling Mcalinden out. Sure he hasn't been great. However he is the top scorer and for some reason he keeps getting put on the wing when in actual fact he is a striker. 

If we played. Redshaw and Mcalinden in forward positions with Mcdonald and Allen on the wings. We will win games lots of them. Right now though we are banging the same drum every week and unfortuntely its got a hole in it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monk said:

Ash , you seem to back every manager who comes through the door regardless of results .

I agree he is doing a good job if you consider the circumstances around his appointment but current form especially at home is terrible and we are in a false position in the league.

Kelly and Fullerton didn’t know what they were doing.

The rest did well relative to their resources.

47 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I'd be reluctent of singling Mcalinden out. Sure he hasn't been great. However he is the top scorer and for some reason he keeps getting put on the wing when in actual fact he is a striker. 

If we played. Redshaw and Mcalinden in forward positions with Mcdonald and Allen on the wings. We will win games lots of them. Right now though we are banging the same drum every week and unfortuntely its got a hole in it. 

I do see what you are saying, just frustrated with Mcalinden in particular as he just looks as though he is afraid to get stuck in at times. 

McAlinden is to lightweight and his confidence has gone.

That chance he had yesterday he would have buried far corner he just hit it to be on target and not risk dragging it wide of far post.

As for corners we must be most defensive team going with nobody upfront King must have been at least 10 yards in our own half for corners. But we constantly concede them.Not saying he should go 'Jim Harvey' and have 3 lads upfront but at least have some sort of outlet instead of inviting them to all pile in the box.

He might argue counter attack but we dont get up quick enough and you're asking C.King to hold the ball until rest get up.

It's not working.

Regarding TSS he had Johnson for pace but not in the air and all we did was pump it up watch TSS go down Johnson is Ex Championship and even if he were to commit fouls he could old man the Officials.

TSS has a thankless task.

A basic 4-4-2 might be the answer?

33 minutes ago, fchtnico1 said:

I do see what you are saying, just frustrated with Mcalinden in particular as he just looks as though he is afraid to get stuck in at times. 

Would I be considered cynical if I suggested he may be looking after his new year move as his current contract winds down:ph34r:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Would I be considered cynical if I suggested he may be looking after his new year move as his current contract winds down:ph34r:

Cabt imagine there is a queue if clubs knocking on The Shay door 

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

Which right winger would you play out of position in the left, Allen or Macdonald?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Cabt imagine there is a queue if clubs knocking on The Shay door 

Depends on what his agent is telling him, not likely to go head to head with a Reda Johnson if any new year move is even a vague possibility. To be fair to the lad he did have a purple patch & is not without skill also theoretically carrying a foot injury.