Nick

Today Town v Eastleigh

5 hours ago, mj85 said:

Wow. At the time, even giving an impartial opinion, I thought it was a nailed on pen and was waiting for him to blow.

Looking at that, it seems a great decision from the ref. 

Wow indeed mj85 , exactly my thoughts too in real time that was a pen all day for me and those around me , but having seen flees tv footage I’d just like to say well done ref you got that right but you still had a bit of a stinker.

Beginning to wonder if Mr Wild would let his beloved Oldham put up with the dross we getting at the mo.

14 hours ago, Flea said:

I dont think it was a pen

A very difficult one, watched it over and over, something the ref cannot do at the time.

Forget McAlinden, just concentrate on the defender and the ball. The defender had no intention of going for the ball whatsoever. If there was contact it was a pen.

VAR at Liverpool, would it have been? 

Edited by Shaytrev
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shay said:

Just logged on after yesterday. Am I missing something? Did we lose? Are we fourth from bottom. Cheer up it’s Christmas 

We lost two points.

No.

We are nowhere near Christmas, it is November.

• Like 1

I actually thought first half we played pretty well, seemed to fade in the second half though, disappointed not to get a second and take the three points! Hey ho 4th in the league.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Shay said:

Just logged on after yesterday. Am I missing something? Did we lose? Are we fourth from bottom. Cheer up it’s Christmas 

We lost 2 points and another poor performance. We are not 4th from bottom but we will start dropping soon if nothing changes quickly. And also it’s not close to Christmas still over a month away yet and no decorations up :)

31 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

and no decorations up :)

The tree went up in the Town last night! 

Probably wont make it to Xmas, the state of it!

14 hours ago, Flea said:

It was a very good chance and a very good save by their keeper too

I also think Tobi’s link up play there suns up where his strengths are. The difference here is he had players around him and going on the overlap, compared to when he hasn’t got a blue shirt within 20 yards of him. 

I thought their keeper was excellent all game. Came out for every cross, didn't flap at anything and had a good starting position to deal with balls over the top. All in all he looked a good lad and you wouldn't think he'd be at this level too long.

1 hour ago, Shay said:

Bah humbug!!!

Edited by Shaymen2008
Predictive text error.

We put a lot of faith in C King providing the spark & being the difference in matches, unfortunately he is miles from being fit, yesterday the skills were on show but the energy is clearly missing. Thought J King looked the part when he came on & stopped the supply to Smart, something that should have been addressed at half time.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Champions promoted 2-6 in playoff´s of some kind.

Champs promoted. 2nd and 3rd at home in semis against winners of 4v7 and 5v6.

51 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

We put a lot of faith in C King providing the spark & being the difference in matches, unfortunately he is miles from being fit, yesterday the skills were on show but the energy is clearly missing. Thought J King looked the part when he came on & stopped the supply to Smart, something that should have been addressed at half time.

I'd have taken Cam off when he brought Allen on, he offered very little yesterday.

14 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Cooper was caught in possession on several occasions & his passing along with Mahers was  poor, Payne for Eastleigh showed how it should be done.

Yes, he was excellent. Best player on the pitch I thought.

It tells you everything about the game when the 3 candidates for Hx's mom were Staunton  Brown and Duckworth.

I really like Staunton he's an excellent player, I said it at the time and it's still true now, we miss him in midfield far more than we missed Brown at the back or miss NC now. We should have brought in another cb when Brown got injured.

Edited by Norm

We were overrun in midfield yesterday with only Cooper (who I thought had a good game) and Maher in midfield.Upfront I thought TSS ploughed a lone fallow upfront with little physical support from McLinden, McDonald and Cam King who between them cannot tackle. G King added some bite when he came on but usually gets booked. The pack has been shuffled numerous times in midfield recently and I think we have run out of options and need some fresh blood if finance allows. Staunton had a good game but we cannot afford not to have Clarke Brown and Staunton on the field at the same time to plug the concession of goals from set pieces although I think Johnston should control his six yard box more

9 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

We were overrun in midfield yesterday with only Cooper (who I thought had a good game) and Maher in midfield.Upfront I thought TSS ploughed a lone fallow upfront with little physical support from McLinden, McDonald and Cam King who between them cannot tackle. G King added some bite when he came on but usually gets booked. The pack has been shuffled numerous times in midfield recently and I think we have run out of options and need some fresh blood if finance allows. Staunton had a good game but we cannot afford not to have Clarke Brown and Staunton on the field at the same time to plug the concession of goals from set pieces although I think Johnston should control his six yard box more

Not bad Bill but it´s McAlinden,MacDonald, J. King & Johnson.:)

• Haha 1

I quite like Cooper but I think he's a No8 rather than a No4. I would like to see him and C King play either side of Staunton in a 433.

• Like 1

It didn't happen like that, McAlinden was turning clear, their lad caught him . Wasn't a lot of contact but enough to make him lose balance . I said at the time and I'll say it now, there was no middle ground, either it's a penalty or you book McAlinden for simulation

We also had the Cam King one in the first half where Cam did everything wrong, should have dinked the ball over the keeper and bundled into his flailing hands