Nick

Today Town v Eastleigh

1 minute ago, Flea said:

In fairness, PW is very approachable and has on several occasions this season has gone out of his way just to come over and say hello to fans - especially at away games. I don't think for a single second he would hide away. 

Current form is not great, even more so at home, however we are sitting 4th even after a bad month or two. We need to arrest the slide and get our mojo and tempo back, however there were fans booing today. Lets get some perspective and look at the overall picture. 

We keep saying “we need to bounce back after every game and improve our performance” but it never happens 

Keep saying it time and time again, does wild have a plan B or is he all about 1 up top? Teams are coming to the shay and taking the game to us instead of us putting them on the back foot. Critical moment today was in the first half when macca was played through and didnt put us 2-0 up

Been away for a month so missed a few games , today was just the same as most before my break ok but needs attention to detail like still taking to long to make a discussion and lacking in ambition  a little , set piece defending needs the most work.

6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

We keep saying “we need to bounce back after every game and improve our performance” but it never happens 

I get that, however we need to also take stock of where we are and that Rome wasn't built in a day.

PW is a rookie manager. He inherited 90% of this squad with 10 days to go until the season started. He has got players that last year stank up the team looking half decent this year. I feared a relegation dog fight when JF bailed due to the state we were left in. We have played half a season and are in the top 4 rather than the bottom 4.

I feel optimistic about our chances with PW. Probably the first time I have really felt we could push on, rather than just tread water, since we had Aspin here. Hopefully he can sort this current slump out and quickly, as recent results have not been great overall, however it does feel there is a lot of baby out with the bath water at the moment. 

We are still in the promotion and even title hunt. With half a season gone. With a rookie manager that is coming in for stick from some quarters. What exactly do people expect?

Edited by Flea
  • Like 3

Just read wilds interview and he isn’t happy with fans shouting stuff in the stands. Get a grip it’s part and parcel of football and you’ll always get a percentage of fans that will go to every game and clap and cheer anything then you’ll get the ones who also go to every game but will get frustrated because the team currently aren’t playing well enough and it’s awful to watch. 

We are 4th in the table but we will start going down quickly if we don’t pick up performances and results so thank god we started the season well! 

Wild is persisting with the same boring tactics of one up front and hardly anyone getting forward. Then when it isn’t going our way there seems to be no plan B at all and again that’s what frustrates some fans. 

Still very hopefully Wild will turn it round as he’s showed what he can do but this recently is not good! 

Edited by TJAshton

Dont like seeing PW criticising the fans even though he does say its only 5% that are negative. We dont want to see us sat back, crosses into the box with nobody there to get on the end of them, and that is down to our formation and pw's tactics. 

Atmosphere has been poor for the last 2/3 years since we went back into the cod north. 

It was always brilliant when we had the likes of Gregory etc. 

Just now, nw3casc1 said:

Does he really think the South stand will be noisy and bouncing after the last 4 home performances...nah.

PW ...sort it out.

Woah Steve. Thought you wanted everyone to get behind the team. You can’t keep changing your mind :lol:

No one near me today were negative towards the players, but some were frustrated with PW tactics throughout the match.

What good would a meeting with PW achieve?

We would all like to watch attacking football every week and he has his own reasons for not being able to offer that option at this moment in time.

I always enjoyed Jim Harvey's three men on the halfway line ready to attack when defending a corner.

Up the Shaymen and I hope PW can spur all of us on.

Edited by Caygillwashere
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mj85 said:

Wow. At the time, even giving an impartial opinion, I thought it was a nailed on pen and was waiting for him to blow.

Looking at that, it seems a great decision from the ref. 

I still think it’s a penalty. Not as blatant as I thought at the time, but defender puts his foot in as McAlinden is reaching for the ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mj85 said:

Wow. At the time, even giving an impartial opinion, I thought it was a nailed on pen and was waiting for him to blow.

Looking at that, it seems a great decision from the ref. 

Never a penalty in a million years imho

Slightly dissapointing that it's another game without a win at home but it's not a defeat.

Liam's failure to score to put us two nil up was a crucial part of the game it seems and if he'd scored would we have scored three or four and gone on to win comfortabley and lifted the confidence levels?

Fine margins.

A message to PW, the fans are behind you but you'll always get some negative shouts from the terraces and you'll need thick skin bud. Just as long as you know that o erall you e done a good job so far and as soon as you can bring in one or two players that are your men and send a few out on loan you start to take things on the right direction 

UTS.

41 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

No one near me today were negative towards the players, but some were frustrated with PW tactics throughout the match.

What good would a meeting with PW achieve?

We would all like to watch attacking football every week and he has his own reasons for not being able to offer that option at this moment in time.

I always enjoyed Jim Harvey's three men on the halfway line ready to attack when defending a corner.

Up the Shaymen and I hope PW can spur all of us on.

Don't. see what having a go at fans achieves, they pay their money & have a right to an opinion. Poor passing & a failure to pick up a CB the size of a tower block at a set piece did us today, not as if he could sneak in, he was totally ignored, similar with covering their number eleven, he should have been doubled up on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Don't. see what having a go at fans achieves, they pay their money & have a right to an opinion. Poor passing & a failure to pick up a CB the size of a tower block at a set piece did us today, not as if he could sneak in, he was totally ignored, similar with covering their number eleven, he should have been doubled up on.

Correct. Their centre back had a header first half with only Duckworth on him which was a warning. Brown should have been picking him up, free header again and seems to keep happening 

I´m sorry to hear PW having a go at the fans,never a good sign, difference is PW you are being paid to be there the fans paying good money and tbh I believe that you have had the backing of the fans more than any manager for a long time and I would even include NA in that, now C´mon and turn things around be positive and attack the opposition not the fans.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
  • Like 3