Nick

Today Town v Eastleigh

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

If we finish 7th we are in the play offs just harder to make the final as its all away games I think 

Still 5 points inside then. God knows how

Just now, Greggs said:

Still 5 points inside then. God knows how

I honestly have no idea. We look so so poor the last few weeks and nothing is changing. 

3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

If we finish 7th we are in the play offs just harder to make the final as its all away games I think 

Or easier because we are better away

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I honestly have no idea. We look so so poor the last few weeks and nothing is changing. 

Not going for us especially at home. We simply cannot win at home right now. By the time we next play at home will be 3 months since our last home win

Just now, Greggs said:

Not going for us especially at home. We simply cannot win at home right now. By the time we next play at home will be 3 months since our last home win

Not good enough and thank god for the good start 

Their centre half manhandled Tobi all game, who did decent today and ended his drought finally. 

Whats happened to McAlinden? He’s shite at the minute and for some reason doesn’t close down the full back. Cooper was having to close the RB down leaving a huge space in the middle of the park. 

How that ref did not give the penalty is beyond me. It was stonewall. 

I thought Josh McD played decent, but would be better suited with someone like Redshaw up top so he can whip the ball in round the back of the defence. The stats show that when he’s fit he gets assists, but needs the right type to stick them in the back of the net. How many balls were fired across with Tobi one or two steps away from finishing. He perhaps needs to gamble occasionally. 

The ref was abysmal. If I was Wild I’d send the game footage to the FA and ask them to explain his performance. We’ve had a lot of poor refs but he is up there with the worst. 

In the end a decent point. Halifax were second best for the first half and whilst it was a closer contest after HT I thought Eastleigh edged the second.

It was a clear pen at the end though.

10 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Just getting as depressing as the Fullerton  reign now unfortunately 

Today's game was more entertaining than a JF draw but we stuggled to retain the ball and allowed Eastleigh the majority of possession. Our full backs didn't pick up their wide players and, to be fair, they should have won the game. On the plus side, Staunton and Brown were both great at the back and Allen looked confident when he came on second half. 

Having a moan!

It's all gone wrong at home since the Yeovil game in early September, when we were bossed around. Since then the football system PW has put together at the Shay has been disappointing to watch, (he did promise entertaining football when appointed in July and a clear out after Bromley?). Why are we now penned back all the time? A decent visiting team today would have had a hatfull of goals as Eastleigh's finishing was dreadful. Tobi for all his valiant efforts needs a day off, why not try a centre half up front, they'll head the ball and stay upright for longer, with just about as much chance of finishing.

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

Never a pen, thought so at the time amd the video confirms it.

Surprised no ones complemented Eastleigh, thought they were decent and will feel they could have won the game.

Overall i decent game that we didn't have enough to win, thought Maher and Binnon Williams were weak today.  Would prefer Hanson and Duckworth as full backs but Wild clearly didn't think so.

36 minutes ago, Flea said:

I dont think it was a pen

Wow. At the time, even giving an impartial opinion, I thought it was a nailed on pen and was waiting for him to blow.

Looking at that, it seems a great decision from the ref. 

So he's done his interview. He's fired some shots. So i will fire some back. 

Wild "the atmosphere is not great at the moment and its spoiling things" so Mr Wild you want people to be cheering everyone behind the ball at home to Eastleigh? 

You keep saying we need to get back to what we were doing early in the season, yes correct. So start playing bloody attacking football instead of playing on the break. Its dull as dishwater to watch your own team camped in there own half all game out of choice. 

He wants to meet those fans, see if he reads that and has  a good answer as to why

Just now, Greggs said:

He wants to meet those fans, 

In fairness, PW is very approachable and has on several occasions this season has gone out of his way just to come over and say hello to fans - especially at away games. I don't think for a single second he would hide away. 

Current form is not great, even more so at home, however we are sitting 4th even after a bad month or two. We need to arrest the slide and get our mojo and tempo back, however there were fans booing today. Lets get some perspective and look at the overall picture.