Sign in to follow this  
Shaymen Stats

Nathan Clarke's red

3 hours ago, Lammie said:

Re strange refereeing decisions, I went to BPA on Saturday. As the picture shows, the Bradford keeper is wearing an almost identical kit to the opposition. Despite being told by the crowd over and over he let it go. Bizarre imo.

AD30230A-674F-4FDF-BB86-B7EEFD8CBDC2.jpeg

That definitely shouldn't have been allowed.

3 hours ago, mj85 said:

James Armson’s red for Nuneaton at The Shay in 2014 was. 

Yes, and I seem to recall Peniket's red at Tamworth in 2017 was rescinded. We won the match 6–2 so that's the main memory from the fortunate few who were there, but he allegedly jumped for a ball with his arms up. I believe he went off for that, then was back straight after the decision was overturned.

4 hours ago, Lammie said:

Re strange refereeing decisions, I went to BPA on Saturday. As the picture shows, the Bradford keeper is wearing an almost identical kit to the opposition. Despite being told by the crowd over and over he let it go. Bizarre imo.

AD30230A-674F-4FDF-BB86-B7EEFD8CBDC2.jpeg

Shades of us at Wrexham last year.

I'm convinced our goal was disallowed due to the ref getting mixed up thinking their keeper was one of our players. 

I’m really not that disappointed at all. Staunton and Brown might be a good pairing as they both have abit of pace and Brown will actually command the area. Brown obviously a little faster than Clarke 

Edited by TJAshton

1 hour ago, steve lumb said:

Appealed and not rescinded. 3 match ban

That's ridiculous. From this still alone you can see that it's not even a foul! The Woking player is 2 feet away, side on from Clarke. Clearly gets the ball and the Woking player just falls over him. If it had bean a head on clash then I could understand, but this just takes the piss. Have we ever had a red card rescinded?

76710854_425580895027895_6692839918084816896_n.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

That's ridiculous. From this still alone you can see that it's not even a foul! The Woking player is 2 feet away, side on from Clarke. Clearly gets the ball and the Woking player just falls over him. If it had bean a head on clash then I could understand, but this just takes the piss. Have we ever had a red card rescinded?

Yes—Peniket’s last time we visited Tamworth.

23 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Its shocking. 

Again, I think the ref has to admit to being wrong for it to be over turned however.

The FA ask for respect, yet we get crap like this. 

6 minutes ago, Flea said:

Its shocking. 

Again, I think the ref has to admit to being wrong for it to be over turned however.

The FA ask for respect, yet we get crap like this. 

You wonder if they even bother looking at appeals from non-league clubs or just reject them on principle. Thankfully it didn't cost us on the day, as I don't think we'd have won even with 11 tbh, but going forward over the next 3 games it could.

I'd love to hear the leagues reasonings on upholding the red. Surely there has to be a reason given as to why its been upheld. Its a farce. 

If it is down to the ref admitting he was wrong then maybe it's a case of him not wanting to highlight the point he was wrong. Higher up the leagues there is far more nationwide coverage so the ref would be under far more scrutiny to admit a mistake.

4 hours ago, TJAshton said:

I’m really not that disappointed at all. Staunton and Brown might be a good pairing as they both have abit of pace and Brown will actually command the area. Brown obviously a little faster than Clarke 

Can't believe your not bothered, having all players available is a must, what happens if Brown or Stauton gets injured or sent off we would be 2 defenders down and not 1

41 minutes ago, eddie said:

Can't believe your not bothered, having all players available is a must, what happens if Brown or Stauton gets injured or sent off we would be 2 defenders down and not 1

Then Maher could drop into that position. It’s really not a MASSIVE miss at all. If it was Johnson, Brown or Cam King then I’d say it would be a big miss. 

42 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Then Maher could drop into that position. It’s really not a MASSIVE miss at all. If it was Johnson, Brown or Cam King then I’d say it would be a big miss. 

Our best run of results this season coincided with Brown & Clarke at the back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Staunton.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

You're.

I didn’t think it should have been a red.

however, what the video shows to me is that the NLP were right to refer to Johnson flapping at the ball. He looked really poor in the first half. Never seen him like that before.

59 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Maher would really struggle at centre half, he's very weak in the air. 

Agree to a fashion though as this will probably be Clarkes last season and Staunton/Brown will be fine. That said Brown and Clarke are still the best partnership atm.

9 minutes ago, andrich said:

I didn’t think it should have been a red.

however, what the video shows to me is that the NLP were right to refer to Johnson flapping at the ball. He looked really poor in the first half. Never seen him like that before.

It looked to me like Woking were targeting Sam and knocking him about at set pieces, he was complaining to the ref a couple of times after being impeded. It seems to be a modern tactic to crowd the keeper at corners especially. It was evident Salford were using it in the playoff semi-final when one of their players grabbed hold of him at nearly every corner.

32 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Our best run of results this season coincided with Brown & Clarke at the back 

Right? I never said it wasn’t. But what I’m saying is Staunton and Brown Should be good enough