Sign in to follow this  
archietaylor7

Woking Away

26 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Cam King? 

I like the thought process though. However i have no confidence Sho Silva will be dropped. 

Yeah you'd ne mad to leave Cam King out, not sure Maclindon as a lone striker would work as he's pretty lightweight.

30 minutes ago, AJS said:

If you look at the ref he gives an advantage. To me, our player (Williams?) pushes the defender over, and then trips  over the falling defender. Think the ref has got that spot on. Can’t comment on the red mind 

I was standing right in front of that when it happened, taking off my Town-tinted specs it was probably a slight foul on the defender causing him to fall and trip the attacker. I certainly would pissed if we’d had a penalty like that given against us. Fair enough cal from the ref there.

55 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Cam King? 

I like the thought process though. However i have no confidence Sho Silva will be dropped. 

He'd be just behind Jack with Cooper holding.

Plenty of players that put their foot on the ball and find a man.

2 hours ago, Greggs said:

Cam King? 

Cam on the middle just behind with Cooper or Maher holding.

We'd have pledged the of players that can pass and beat a man.

Let's get at teams at home and out pass, out play and out score them.

Just got back.Woking goalie left the pitch after  96mins without a mark on his kit and and not a hair out of place,not a single save to make in the entire game.Pleased with the point but we had little impact on the game, apart from first 5 mins.

20 minutes ago, AGB said:

Just got back.Woking goalie left the pitch after  96mins without a mark on his kit and and not a hair out of place,not a single save to make in the entire game.Pleased with the point but we had little impact on the game, apart from first 5 mins.

A point away is a good point. No arguments. A point with ten men is better!. 

• Like 1

It is a good point under the circumstances and in many ways, however we also failed to have any sort of impact on the game ourselves. Yet again our midfield was lacklustre and in the final third we had nothing. 

We were good at the back and limited Woking on that front, however we then couldn't kick on and take the game to them from there. With a bit of dominance they were there for the taking.

Its been a good start to the season however the last two months or so we have gone backwards somewhat in how we have been playing - and had we had that extra player or two that could hold the ball, or put it in the net, we oddly would be walking this league at the moment. There is no superb team this year that is to be feared. With a proper striker and a better midfield it could well be us.

The problem we have in midfield is you can take Nolan, Earing, J. King, D. Williams, Maher and Cooper and say they don't offer anything different than the other. That is half a dozen players who all do pretty much the same thing - and that thing is often letting the game pass them by. Subbing one off for the other is not going to change the way a game is going because they are just all too similar. 

Then up front, I do feel we are carrying Southwell now - and whilst not knocking his work rate TSS looks even less likely to score as each passing week goes. Playing with his back to the goal more and more each week, looking more and more isolated and spending more time on his arse than in the opposition box. 

8 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

A point away is a good point. No arguments. A point with ten men is better!. 

That's all well and good if we can back that up with home wins but lately we can't even muster a home draw let alone a win. Thankfully with the start we've had it is unlikely that we  will get relegated.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Flea said:

It is a good point under the circumstances and in many ways, however we also failed to have any sort of impact on the game ourselves. Yet again our midfield was lacklustre and in the final third we had nothing. 

We were good at the back and limited Woking on that front, however we then couldn't kick on and take the game to them from there. With a bit of dominance they were there for the taking.

Its been a good start to the season however the last two months or so we have gone backwards somewhat in how we have been playing - and had we had that extra player or two that could hold the ball, or put it in the net, we oddly would be walking this league at the moment. There is no superb team this year that is to be feared. With a proper striker and a better midfield it could well be us.

The problem we have in midfield is you can take Nolan, Earing, J. King, D. Williams, Maher and Cooper and say they don't offer anything different than the other. That is half a dozen players who all do pretty much the same thing - and that thing is often letting the game pass them by. Subbing one off for the other is not going to change the way a game is going because they are just all too similar. 

Then up front, I do feel we are carrying Southwell now - and whilst not knocking his work rate TSS looks even less likely to score as each passing week goes. Playing with his back to the goal more and more each week, looking more and more isolated and spending more time on his arse than in the opposition box. 

Do not let @Shaymen0 see this. He will be furious at you. You can’t say anything bad about TSS or the players 

Brown back in defence with Staunton and Maher in front and we keep a clean sheet. Now we have Allen, MacAllinden and Redshaw missing through injury and call ups plus now Clarke missing.

I think Staunton next to Brown will be better but we do need luck with injuries.

Get our attacking options back and we will be fine. Another game down and still only a point off the top.

13 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

A clean sheet and a point away from home when you've not played well is ok.

Clarke being sent off is an obvious downer but I think it will only be one game.

Let's hope Jack and Liam are back fighting for for our next game and we'll also have Allen back too.

Full strength apart from Clarkey.

It will be 3 games for Clarke not 1.

Clarke being sent off is an obvious downer but I think it will only be one game.

Let's hope Jack and Liam are back fighting for for our next game and we'll also have Allen back too.

4 hours ago, fchtnico1 said:

I can't argue with the people who were there but according to bet365 at half time Woking had 0 shots on target Halifax had 2 

That’s why I never go with bet365. Usually incorrect and their servers always go down. 

• Like 1