Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
archietaylor7

Woking Away

18 minutes ago, andrich said:

I’m sure that the commentary said that their keeper saved a good effort on goal from Josh in the second half

16 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

We didn’t have a shot on target 

From the updates -

55' | CHANCE - Halifax

The closest so far for the visitors, MacDonald with open space inside the Woking box, gets a shot away which is blocked and the hosts counter...

Not long ago we were top scorers,  now all the top nine have scored more and even Ebbsfleet in second bottom. We would have walked this league if we had maintained our start but we have been unable to adapt tactically as the season progressed. Our home form has become alarmingly bad with no signs of improvement yet. Bottom half is more likely than play offs.

3 minutes ago, andrich said:

From the updates -

55' | CHANCE - Halifax

The closest so far for the visitors, MacDonald with open space inside the Woking box, gets a shot away which is blocked and the hosts counter...

Thought so. I didn’t recall us having a shot on target listening to comms

7 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

I know you go by commentaries away from home but did not realise you did not watch home matches. Clarke since Brown was injured has single handily kept the back line in tact and scores from set pieces have revolved around Staunton. Of course he is getting slower but not signing another centre half on loan has done him no favours

Right okay. Well I disagree that Clarke has kept the defence in tact. 

7 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

He's not he's our main hold up man. You can think it's bull. But it's true.

He is but he’s not good at it. Spends all the time on the floor. 

Edited by TJAshton

6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

He is but he’s not good at it. Spends all the time on the floor. 

Rubbish! And how do you get that from comms or 10 mins of highlights or the 10% of games you go to?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dj funky said:

Redshaw, Mcalinden, ? err what's going on ?

Picked up knocks

1 hour ago, monk said:

No segregation so not sure how they work out away support.

Segregation was in force today.

9 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

Rubbish! And how do you get that from comms or 10 mins of highlights or the 10% of games you go to?

All home games and the away game I can get too. Or do you know more than me?

A clean sheet and a point away from home when you've not played well is ok.

Clarke being sent off is an obvious downer but I think it will only be one game.

Let's hope Jack and Liam are back fighting for for our next game and we'll also have Allen back too.

Full strength apart from Clarkey.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redcard said:

Not long ago we were top scorers,  now all the top nine have scored more and even Ebbsfleet in second bottom. We would have walked this league if we had maintained our start but we have been unable to adapt tactically as the season progressed. Our home form has become alarmingly bad with no signs of improvement yet. Bottom half is more likely than play offs.

You can say that about Bromley Yoevil and half a dozen teams 

the truth is no team has stamped their mark on the league 

Why are you so negative .. 

1 minute ago, Nick said:

You can say that about Bromley Yoevil and half a dozen teams 

the truth is no team has stamped their mark on the league 

Why are you so negative .. 

Because we support Halifax if there's a worse case scenario to be had history tells you Halifax town will find it. 

5 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Because we support Halifax if there's a worse case scenario to be had history tells you Halifax town will find it. 

Supported long enough to know that and our limitations 

just think the team that puts a run together now will win the league 

it’s our poor home form I find depressing 

Just seen the Clarke Red on BT Highlights, although he loses control and stretches for the ball a red was harsh.

The Ref didn't rush to show him red though so did he have someone in his ear ?

10 minutes ago, Nick said:

Supported long enough to know that and our limitations 

just think the team that puts a run together now will win the league 

it’s our poor home form I find depressing 

Liam and Jack should be back in time for the next game and I'm hoping they both get a start.

Allen on the left and Josh on the right with Liam up top and Jack behind in a 4 4 1 1. Let's get at teams at home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flea said:

Another day where we never looked like scoring sadly. Woking just as bad as us but with a little more about them going forward.

Still can not understand how the following is not a foul. Three mins in, last man, red card and pen and we could be looking at a different game.

To make it worse a 50/50 where I thought we had won the free kick turned into a Red for Clarke in the second half. I think the foul was a yellow at most (for them).

Two big calls that I feel went against us really. The pen one above, I simply dont understand what part of the ball the Woking player has got there. 

If you look at the ref he gives an advantage. To me, our player (Williams?) pushes the defender over, and then trips  over the falling defender. Think the ref has got that spot on. Can’t comment on the red mind 

Edited by AJS

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Liam and Jack should be back in time for the next game and I'm hoping they both get a start.

Allen on the left and Josh on the right with Liam up top and Jack behind in a 4 4 1 1. Let's get at teams at home.

Cam King? 

I like the thought process though. However i have no confidence Sho Silva will be dropped.