Sign in to follow this  
archietaylor7

Woking Away

A tough game on Saturday once we get back to some action. Hopefully though we will have a strong squad with maybe Browny back and Cameron on the bench, fingers crossed. But I've just seen on the Town Web site that Woking aren't the best team at home, that sounds familiar. Whereas we are better on the road at present. So having had a break, a chance to get the lads ready, Redshaw should be worked in now and should start on Saturday. I'm expecting a Town win and getting back to pushing on.

Current Form:-

Form Guide

Woking H DLDDL

FCHT A LWWLW

4 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

Would be worried if we don’t turn up this weekend.

Correct. We’ve had two weeks worth of training to put it right.

Wild said he would put everything right and be up and ready for Woking. 

Be nice to get 3 points on the road again. 

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Correct. We’ve had two weeks worth of training to put it right.

Wild said he would put everything right and be up and ready for Woking. 

Be nice to get 3 points on the road again. 

I think we should fair better and the fact that Browny is training with the squad will rub off on his teammates.

I fancy us on Saturday for a 1-0 win.

Two teams in poor form relative to their league positions, I’d expect a tight game. I’ll be going to this one, with my only other game so far this season Sutton away - hoping to keep up the 100% record!

• Like 1

Wilds interview says that he’s got a full squad. Not everyone is fully fit but we now have Brown and King back as well in contention which is great. 

Id hope to see a turnaround and a better performance having 2 weeks off and had plenty of time to train on what we’ve been doing so bad at (defending set pieces) 

Interesting that’s he trying to offload 2/3 on loan. Convinced that Southwell will be one based on Wilds previous comments about wanting another player similar to Sho-Silva.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Interesting that’s he trying to offload 2/3 on loan. Convinced that Southwell will be one based on Wilds previous comments about wanting another player similar to Sho-Silva.

Yes you expect Southwell to be one, Danny Williams possibly another and if he doesn't start tomorrow Hanson.

1 hour ago, archietaylor7 said:

Sadly I'm not gonna be able to make this game. I'm a bit under the weather having put my back out trying to carry Mrs T to safety through the flood waters. As I've pointed out before shes not the svelt like figure that I took as my bride in 1971, the years have seen her put on a pound or couple of hundred. But in the true British Bulldog way I thought it was my duty to get her to safety, unfortunately my knees buckled and I went down under her full weight, at which point I was now drowning as she was laid on top of me and I couldn't move her!! As my life flashed before me I managed one last heave and got my head up enough to gulp down some air. She managed to roll off me reminding me how useless I am and complaining that I'd got her dress wet? Anyway, once the 6 firemen had successfully carried her out the paramedic got me to casualty and I've been in traction since. Now this wouldn't be so bad had it been in flood water from the bad weather, but I looks like the washing machines knackered. That'll probably be my fault as well????

You should be on the stage!

Archie T and his tall tales!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Has Wild no got any loaness yet?

He has had two weeks. There must be players out there...

If we are back to full squad and with the addition of Redshaw who will now be integrated into our squad, I dont think we need anyone at present. However, that said Wild will/should be looking for another Centre Back just in case we succumb to further injuries in that department. Fingers crossed that Redshaw brings us the answer to our striker issue and the rest of the team looks pretty good to me. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw3casc1 said:

Has Wild no got any loaness yet?

He has had two weeks. There must be players out there...

No. No outgoings and no incoming Steve before tomorrow’s game. 

Probably next week I guess

Im assuming we are at the stage of having to let someone exit to bring someone else in, so Wild may need to offload some he feels are not in his plans now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Flea said:

Im assuming we are at the stage of having to let someone exit to bring someone else in, so Wild may need to offload some he feels are not in his plans now.

I agree, but at this stage in the season many players are loathe to move clubs as they are just settling in to their teams!

I'd be sending Southwell. Silva. D. Williams out of the door straight away. None of them are really going to be upto it. Especially upfront we can't afford to be carrying 2 wages that are not at the required standard. Its harsh on Silva because i like the lad but its a harsh business and if we are serious about getting out of this league we need better than all 3 of them. 

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Which is why I personally think it was daft to sign Cooper on a permanent contract. When we have a fully fit squad it’s not a position we needed someone else. Wages that could have been spent on other areas of the squad.

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

I'd be sending Southwell. Silva. D. Williams out of the door straight away. None of them are really going to be upto it. Especially upfront we can't afford to be carrying 2 wages that are not at the required standard. Its harsh on Silva because i like the lad but its a harsh business and if we are serious about getting out of this league we need better than all 3 of them. 

Not that easy though. We need another club to come in for them; pay most or all of their wages and of course the player himself has to agree to go out on loan.

39 minutes ago, mjc12345 said:

Allen wont be playing. He is in Argentina

He’s away on International Duty in El Salvador playing for Monserrat this weekend.  Not very often we have a current International in our ranks!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, davetheshayman said:

He’s away on International Duty in El Salvador playing for Monserrat this weekend.  Not very often we have a current International in our ranks!

Thanks for clearing it up.