Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
oldskir

Do we need more height and physical strength in the team?

Recommended Posts

When you look at 2 of the most successful sides in the Division, Yeovil and Torquay, you see plenty of tall players and strong players with good physical strength.

I think this is one area where we are lacking. The return of Matty Brown will help things, and personally I would get Binnom-Williams back in the side as soon as possible. he's a really big, strong player.

I think Jakob Hanson did enough against Torquay to keep his place.

So how about, instead of playing the very right footed Duckworth at left back, we bring Jerome back in, and give Duckworth a try in midfield. He is strong, able to tackle, can get forward quickly, he can pass and shoot...and score! Get Maher back in the role he does best, defensive midfielder just in front of the back four. Then Ducky and Cooper battling in central midfield and getting up to support the attack.

Nolan can take a break on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldskir said:

When you look at 2 of the most successful sides in the Division, Yeovil and Torquay, you see plenty of tall players and strong players with good physical strength.

I think this is one area where we are lacking. The return of Matty Brown will help things, and personally I would get Binnom-Williams back in the side as soon as possible. he's a really big, strong player.

I think Jakob Hanson did enough against Torquay to keep his place.

So how about, instead of playing the very right footed Duckworth at left back, we bring Jerome back in, and give Duckworth a try in midfield. He is strong, able to tackle, can get forward quickly, he can pass and shoot...and score! Get Maher back in the role he does best, defensive midfielder just in front of the back four. Then Ducky and Cooper battling in central midfield and getting up to support the attack.

Nolan can take a break on the bench.

Interesting, I think I like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldskir said:

When you look at 2 of the most successful sides in the Division, Yeovil and Torquay, you see plenty of tall players and strong players with good physical strength.

I think this is one area where we are lacking. The return of Matty Brown will help things, and personally I would get Binnom-Williams back in the side as soon as possible. he's a really big, strong player.

I think Jakob Hanson did enough against Torquay to keep his place.

So how about, instead of playing the very right footed Duckworth at left back, we bring Jerome back in, and give Duckworth a try in midfield. He is strong, able to tackle, can get forward quickly, he can pass and shoot...and score! Get Maher back in the role he does best, defensive midfielder just in front of the back four. Then Ducky and Cooper battling in central midfield and getting up to support the attack.

Nolan can take a break on the bench.

It wouldn't go a miss. As long as whover comes in to fit that criteria had ability too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need more height and strength.

Lets put Duckworth in midfield!

Let’s just see how we do when we get our key players back shall we!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duckworth Very right footed ???? 
good goal against Sutton with his very left foot 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

A front line of Terry, Jack and Vera would walk this league

Them 3 upfront we would be streets ahead of the rest. Flaming Nora Bollox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would agree with the general principle here - Hanson and Duckworth are 2 of our most technically able players - never really understood why (up to last couple of games) they haven't both been on the pitch - they've both played in other positions, and are both capable of getting forward or defending.

Our obvious weakness upfront would be alleviated if McAlinden played up front with Redshaw alongside him (thought he looked pretty good when he came on) - my patience has run out with Silva and Southwell, can't fault their effort but not sure there's enough quality.

When Browny is back, and Binom Williams (who I think has improved every game this season) is back in, back 4 becomes Duckworth / Brown / Clarke / Binom Williams, front 2 of McAlinden and Redshaw, leaving 4 in the middle (or behind the front 2) of (pick any 4, depending on the situation, of) Allen, McDonald, Cameron King, Hanson, Staunton, Cooper, Earing, Jeff King, Williams, Nolan (probably in that order).

Simples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More strength and height yes. I honestly think binnon Williams would be better upfront than Silva in the current style of play however I know he isn't actually a striker. 

Think a tough strong experienced midfielder is needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duckworth has arguably been our best player in the last 6 weeks or so. Certainly our most consistent. With that in mind, why the hell would we consider playing him out of position in midfield?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanson can run fast so people on here think he’s brilliant.

Technically and positionally he is lacking and that’s why he’s not been seen in the team for a long time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ash said:

Hanson can run fast so people on here think he’s brilliant.

Technically and positionally he is lacking and that’s why he’s not been seen in the team for a long time.

Typical town supporters ' headless chicken' syndrome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, oldskir said:

When you look at 2 of the most successful sides in the Division, Yeovil and Torquay, you see plenty of tall players and strong players with good physical strength.

I think this is one area where we are lacking. The return of Matty Brown will help things, and personally I would get Binnom-Williams back in the side as soon as possible. he's a really big, strong player.

I think Jakob Hanson did enough against Torquay to keep his place.

So how about, instead of playing the very right footed Duckworth at left back, we bring Jerome back in, and give Duckworth a try in midfield. He is strong, able to tackle, can get forward quickly, he can pass and shoot...and score! Get Maher back in the role he does best, defensive midfielder just in front of the back four. Then Ducky and Cooper battling in central midfield and getting up to support the attack.

Nolan can take a break on the bench.

I thought Pete Wild might have considered playing Binnom Williams at CH  to replace Brown and bring in  Hanson as full back when Brown first got injured.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Flea said:

Duckworth has arguably been our best player in the last 6 weeks or so. Certainly our most consistent. With that in mind, why the hell would we consider playing him out of position in midfield?

Possibly the most consistent for nearly 12 months? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ash said:

Hanson can run fast so people on here think he’s brilliant.

Technically and positionally he is lacking and that’s why he’s not been seen in the team for a long time.

Or maybe Duckworths just better? Being kept out by him does not make you poor. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...