Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
crowtherjcbravo

Potential investors

1 hour ago, Grayski said:

Is financial stability an annual 6 figure loss? Glad you aren’t on the board!

Financial stability is not owing anybody anything and were told we dont. So yes at this current time we are stable but can't continue the overspend without a cash injection which we are now seeking.

If we dont get a cash injection i guess we'll have to cut our cloth accordingly, but that may mean a return to PT conf north football as that appears to be all we can self sustain.

Edited by greygoose

1 hour ago, Grayski said:

Is financial stability an annual 6 figure loss? Glad you aren’t on the board!

With  the information at your disposal are you suggesting we make an annual loss of 100k In that case we have lost £1,000,000 over 10 year

Or  are you stating we are using cash  that we have made from profits in previous years

Or are you on Hoddie,s hyperbole pills

3 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

With  the information at your disposal are you suggesting we make an annual loss of 100k In that case we have lost £1,000,000 over 10 year

Or  are you stating we are using cash  that we have made from profits in previous years

DB himself said we are currently making a controlled 6-figure loss. It's assumed that we're using previous windfalls to cover it, but those aren't unlimited.

6 minutes ago, Janis said:

They have

The club's accounts don't support that claim. But, I suspect they are investing indirectly as sponsorship, and I for one would much rather they do that than pump money in they can demand back.

3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

I exaggerate? Sometimes. It's called hyperbole. I don't outright bullshit like some people - defend Jim Brown? You really ought to apologise for that slur.

You did on e when we were discussing old times but as long as you're not a fan I'm happy.

You were probably playing devils advocate.

As the accounts are only the abridged version they reveal very little to run with . MrB said that he used his own money in the Vardy deal (so you would suspect the same may apply with some other signings) which he got back when Vardy was sold (maybe not so lucky on other deals) . The obvious visible outlay is through sponsorship using the Sandal name for the benefit of both parties . On this evidence, it wouldn't be surprising if other donations from the directors had found their way into the clubs bank balance . A managed loss presumably means that whilst it is a loss it isn't a loss on the books because it is already covered by money already in the bank or money that can be spirited into the bank . The money that the club are now hoping for is (for the time being) money over and above the budget that will in the short term strengthen the clubs finances . The worry is the impact that this may have upon the long term finances of the club and where this extra funding is going to be generated from in future years 

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

From memory, without looking it up,  the accounts showed they loaned 35K to the club at the beginning and have not withdrawn anything since.

I think they bought Vaedy out of their own pocket bit I might be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I think they bought Vaedy out of their own pocket bit I might be wrong.

I believe that is correct, however they then (rightly I must add) took that money back once he was sold on for profit. As far as I know they didn't take any more out than they put in. I believe they stumped up £16,000 to buy Jamie, and took £16,000 back once he was sold. 

I have zero issue or problem with that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flea said:

I believe that is correct, however they then (rightly I must add) took that money back once he was sold on for profit. As far as I know they didn't take any more out than they put in. I believe they stumped up £16,000 to buy Jamie, and took £16,000 back once he was sold. 

I have zero issue or problem with that. 

Yes, that's right Flea. 

Me neither, it's a good way to run the club.

7 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Yes, that's right Flea. 

Me neither, it's a good way to run the club.

It's a cheap way to run your hobby...I'll give you that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bill Atkins said:

Not stating anything, I’m just simply going on what you posted as a six figure annual loss equaling financial stability Mr tetchy

I can understand the board looking for investment though if all the windfalls are now drying up, sure must be a difficult task balancing the books at this level, and I for one are glad we have had sensible chairmen during the last ten years.

Edited by Grayski

2 hours ago, Bubba said:

It's a cheap way to run your hobby...I'll give you that.

It's the right way especially when you look at the actual deal. 

He lends the club £16000, we buy a player that helps us win promotion and then we sell him for a deal which nets the club nearly half a million. Then he takes back the £16000. 

The club makes a shed load of cash and it owes both Ng to anyone.

14 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It's the right way especially when you look at the actual deal. 

He lends the club £16000, we buy a player that helps us win promotion and then we sell him for a deal which nets the club nearly half a million. Then he takes back the £16000. 

The club makes a shed load of cash and it owes both Ng to anyone.

OK, so on that basis did season ticket holders get their money back?

22 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

How do we know he loaned £16k and recouped £16k?

Wasn't it in the published accounts?

I seem to remember Aspin thanking the chairman for brokering the deal too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

How do we know he loaned £16k and recouped £16k?

If my memory is correct is was listed as a Director Loan in the accounts and when Vardy was sold the loan was paid back. Again, if memory is correct there was no interest or other gratuity paid for this. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, greygoose said:

Financial stability is not owing anybody anything and were told we dont. So yes at this current time we are stable but can't continue the overspend without a cash injection which we are now seeking.

If we dont get a cash injection i guess we'll have to cut our cloth accordingly, but that may mean a return to PT conf north football as that appears to be all we can self sustain.

We could self sustain in the league2.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Richmond96 said:

It’s not an investment. Any contribution is a gift. The Current Board have spent more on our club than any of their predecessors.  Some of the views above are so naive it’s unbelievable. 

Think you will find at least Walker invested far more than the current Bod albeit not wisely. 

The 3 home games over the festive period could make a large dent into that 200k if the team can rediscover a bit of form and Notts, Chesterfield and Stockport bring decent support ? 

40 minutes ago, Norm said:

The 3 home games over the festive period could make a large dent into that 200k if the team can rediscover a bit of form and Notts, Chesterfield and Stockport bring decent support ? 

Will certainly help fund a big Christmas knees up on Richmond Road

1 hour ago, Bill Atkins said:

You are on Hyperbole tablets again Hope you understood the answers

There's nothing hyperbolic about the post you quoted. It was a genuine question and I'll believe the answer because I cba to check the accounts.