Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
crowtherjcbravo

Potential investors

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, shaymanrik said:

Couldn't someone set up a crowdfunding page? Lots of shaymen all over the place home and abroad. I would put a donation in. 

What would you want in return? Nothing? Just ring the club and give them some brass over the phone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Financial stability? We're running at a 6-figure loss, funded by windfalls that will soon be running out. We made a loss in the glue leagues ffs. Let's call a spade a spade. How the club's history has anything to do with I don't know. Comparing Town's situation in the 80s to today is nonsense and you know it.

The chips on your shoulders keep re appearing. Your bias against the current board seems to colour your judgement have they offended you in the past

Of course you can compare the 80s 90s against today’s set up. We are running a hybrid full time squad, we do not own the ground and rely on windfalls as does every other non premiership team We travel the length and breadth of the Uk and rely on promotion and relegation unlike the good old days when the old boys club kept us in the league.

I much prefer a discussion/debate rather than your rather pompous Rees-Mogg like statement that anyone else but you talk nonsense

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shaymanrik said:

Couldn't someone set up a crowdfunding page? Lots of shaymen all over the place home and abroad. I would put a donation in. 

I've said similar before but got shot down by the "we pay our turnstile fee, why should we pay more?" brigade. 

If 1000 just chipped in 50p as a direct debit every week. That would raise 26,000. It's not hundreds and thousands but it goes a long way and is cheaper than the price of a pint per month! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Pre season or early season DB stated we needed to ave 2300 which if we make the PO´s we should not be far short.

You are indeed correct and I put 3300 instead of 2200 :blush:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

The chips on your shoulders keep re appearing. Your bias against the current board seems to colour your judgement have they offended you in the past

I'm not biased. I have cautioned against people wanting them to bugger off many times, but you only read what you want to read. And they offended me several times btw.

19 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Of course you can compare the 80s 90s against today’s set up. We are running a hybrid full time squad, we do not own the ground and rely on windfalls as does every other non premiership team We travel the length and breadth of the Uk and rely on promotion and relegation unlike the good old days when the old boys club kept us in the league.

Why do I call it nonsense? Because it is. Football in the 80s was on its arse, there was a massive hooligan problem, stadiums were relics of a previous era, clubs everywhere were struggling. The money involved even at this level today cannot be compared to Division Four in the 80s.

But it's impossible to argue with someone so blinded by a belief that the BoD are our natural betters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No investor is going to chip in £200k for this season. Bigger clubs already exceed our budget plus that and fail to get promotion. More likely someone prepared to chip in a few quid plus contacts for lucrative sponsorships. We’ve blown the best part of £200k this season going out of the FA Cup with a whimper and our current home form limiting paying customers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

But it's impossible to argue with someone so blinded by a belief that the BoD are our natural betters.

Another. Quantum leap analysis by yourself

Halifax Town have always struggled regarding cash flow during every decade Have you not noticed. So have every other lower league team

The state of the Shay stadium is controlled by the council

With the wages paid at the top of the pyramid filtering down through the leagues you would have to be an economic illiterate to not understand the budgetary pressure current non league clubs are under

At no stage have I said that the BOD are ANYBODIES natural betters that is when the Chip on your shoulders keep re appearing

We have not had to have a meat raffle for ten years to balance the books

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Another. Quantum leap analysis by yourself

Halifax Town have always struggled regarding cash flow during every decade Have you not noticed. So have every other lower league team

The state of the Shay stadium is controlled by the council

With the wages paid at the top of the pyramid filtering down through the leagues you would have to be an economic illiterate to not understand the budgetary pressure current non league clubs are under

At no stage have I said that the BOD are ANYBODIES natural betters that is when the Chip on your shoulders keep re appearing

We have not had to have a meat raffle for ten years to balance the books

You jump in and accuse me of being anti-BoD just because I'm critical at times. Do they get a free pass simply because they're the BoD of Halifax Town? Are they that special? Speaking of economic literacy, or lack of, only someone familiar with the dunce cap would acclaim a BoD for balancing the books even though they themselves admit to running at an annual 6-figure loss. You want it all ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Did not say balanced the books I said financial stability

He loves to exaggerate to make his point does Hoddie.

We all know he'll never give them much credit and will take things out of context.

At the same time they're not perfect but in the current climate they are a fantastic fit for our club and it'll be a shame when they leave.

Giving the current chairman constant stick and defends Jim Brown.

Strange one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Did not say balanced the books I said financial stability

So unbalanced = stability? Which school of economics did you attend?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

He loves to exaggerate to make his point does Hoddie.

We all know he'll never give them much credit and will take things out of context.

At the same time they're not perfect but in the current climate they are a fantastic fit for our club and it'll be a shame when they leave.

Giving the current chairman constant stick and defends Jim Brown.

Strange one.

I exaggerate? Sometimes. It's called hyperbole. I don't outright bullshit like some people - defend Jim Brown? You really ought to apologise for that slur.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bubba said:

What would you want in return? Nothing? Just ring the club and give them some brass over the phone.

Of course i want nothing back but my 10 quid would be spent rather quicky ha ha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, how about the current Board investing?

Surely they cannot expect a new investor to pump money in if they aren't?

If the current Board won't invest, then better they sell up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does a new investor get out of the club? A percentage share in the club?

surely they won’t just throw money in for the sake of it....

Could this be the beginning of the end for our current chairmen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill Atkins said:

Did not say balanced the books I said financial stability

Is financial stability an annual 6 figure loss? Glad you aren’t on the board!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, oldskir said:

Hey, how about the current Board investing?

Surely they cannot expect a new investor to pump money in if they aren't?

If the current Board won't invest, then better they sell up?

Do you know they haven't? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps this is all about handing over control before the money dries up. We are now spending more than ever with a top training facility, nearly full time professionals, and regular cup windfalls and transfer fees a distant memory. If the club is debt free then any money above current financial obligations is profit to the board. They could then leave with their promise intact and a new owner promising a bright future. Trouble is you don’t invest in clubs like FC Hx, you get involved to become a benefactor. And if investors are hard to find, benefactors are even harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

No. I expect running this club has cost the directors money so in my eyes that's an investment 

From memory, without looking it up,  the accounts showed they loaned 35K to the club at the beginning and have not withdrawn anything since.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not an investment. Any contribution is a gift. The Current Board have spent more on our club than any of their predecessors.  Some of the views above are so naive it’s unbelievable. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...