Sign in to follow this  
crowtherjcbravo

Potential investors

There are apparently 2 potential investors interested. One local and one not. I was t expecting any interest if I'm honest due to us not owning the stadium. Having said that, this could just be financial investment to push us over the line to the football league and not lead to a full takeover of the club with DB leaving.

9 minutes ago, Ash said:

Very good article. Despite people’s views and opinions, these chaps have been very good for our club, frustrating at times but admitted their mistakes and I don’t think some people realise how lucky we are to have them at the helm when there are so many frauds out there.

Agree with you 100 percent 

A very good insight to what seems a sensible move by the club.

I do wonder how realistic it was to expect many more season ticket sales though? He's dissapointed but judging by the crowds we must have sold s few? So not sure what the target was.

25 minutes ago, greygoose said:

A very good insight to what seems a sensible move by the club.

I do wonder how realistic it was to expect many more season ticket sales though? He's dissapointed but judging by the crowds we must have sold s few? So not sure what the target was.

I think 3300 was targetted

1 hour ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Never going to happen in the sporting wasteland that is Calderdale, extend that to the general wasteland that is Calderdale, little civic pride barring HRLC and our good selves.

I think the season ticket offer was a great offer at the wrong time.

A year of dour football, a manager nobody really liked or related to, a pre season of minimal signings and cancelled friendlies so the amount we sold in the end was fantastic.

If we enjoy a top 7 season this year, there will be a buzz for next year and if the same offer is announced early again then i have no doubts we would sell 3000 tickets if you include juniors and the free kids tickets.

The board must repeat this offer next season at the same price and promote a very ambitious target. Id actually market it as project 4000! Have a tracker on how many we sell including the kids one and push to get 4000.

One could argue that by selling less season tickets and having a better season so far than expected, crowd wise , the club is in fact better off financially.

However I welcome the Boards call for further investment and it appears from the Courier article that the sort of investment that DB is looking for is around £200 K to fund extra playing staff for the remainder of this season to give Town a fighting chance of promotion.

If Town did achieve promotion the League 2 financial support package  would enable us , with sound financial management , to survive on Accrington/ Rochdale level gates.

Yes I have read about the current and ongoing Macclesfield situation but I suspect there is more going on there than we know about.

Certainly we could survive in the lower divisions of the football by following the model of Accrington and Rochdale ,both clubs with owners similar to ours cutting their cloth accordingly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

If the target genuinely was 3,300 then DB is still showing his naivety some 12 years after being on the scene. Especially after the shite that was last season.

Agree about the shite totally disagree about the 3,300 stated earlier in this thread. DB despite some opinions of certain contributors on this board has maintained financial stability for the last ten years despite the naivety of directing a business with a history of financial mismanagement and one of the lowest average attendances during decades of being in the Football League

16 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Agree about the shite totally disagree about the 3,300 stated earlier in this thread. DB despite some opinions of certain contributors on this board has maintained financial stability for the last ten years despite the naivety of directing a business with a history of financial mismanagement and one of the lowest average attendances during decades of being in the Football League

Financial stability? We're running at a 6-figure loss, funded by windfalls that will soon be running out. We made a loss in the glue leagues ffs. Let's call a spade a spade. How the club's history has anything to do with I don't know. Comparing Town's situation in the 80s to today is nonsense and you know it.

3 hours ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

There are apparently 2 potential investors interested. One local and one not. I was t expecting any interest if I'm honest due to us not owning the stadium. Having said that, this could just be financial investment to push us over the line to the football league and not lead to a full takeover of the club with DB leaving.

Good news and it’s just what this club needs as I don’t think we will ever reach the football league without any further investment and that’s the sad fact unfortunate. So this is the only way and it’s good that DB is looking for SENSIBLE investment.

How DB expected 3000+ season tickets after witnessing one of the worst seasons in ages is beyond me. Think what we got was good enough. 

Hopefully it gets sorted and we can kick on and stay in the play offs at the end of the season. If not have a real good go at it next season 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Race said:

Never going to happen in the sporting wasteland that is Calderdale, extend that to the general wasteland that is Calderdale, little civic pride barring HRLC and our good selves.

If we were to win the league this year I don't see why we can't attract 3300 season ticket holders next season, especially if they did another decent incentive.

2 hours ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Sounds like a number plucked out of thin air .. 

“Unfortunately the season ticket campaign wasn’t as successful as we hoped. At £8.65 per game we expected a bigger take up to be honest.

think around a 1000 sold .. as the gate average last season was under 1600 hundred 

I don’t think they could have expected more .. but the preseason fiasco couple with not being flexible around the July 31st end date for the offer meant quite a few missed out 

Don’t  disagree, but if you really are trying to catch the punter who does half a dozen games a year the pre season fiasco will not have convinced them to buy 

so 1000 to me a good .. if the board was disappointed then just like any shop doing a sale ... “sake  extended by a week“  to tempt the last few 

think most regulars will have bought 

Edited by Nick

I'd be worried if we are looking for a 'no strings' cash injection of 200k this season . Will the same investor be required to stump up 300k season 20/21 , 400k season 21/22 , 500k season 22/23   ??? Maybe the future is no more rosy than our historical past

As DB says if we can get the right injection great .. if not we carry on as is ...