Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game Bromley Away

Was hoping we'd turn it around today but it was clear at half time that we'd sunk into a 4 5 1 formation and we're inviting too much blind pressure into our pyramid of emotion . Every sympathy with TSS who will soon be our whipping boy through no fault of his own . McAlinden, Allen and Silva need freedom to get at the opposition, not get bogged down defending

• Like 2

My hope has vanished,same every season, start well do great then falter. They never let us down do they. Why the hell can't they keep a smile on our faces for once.its now a slippery slide down the table I fear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ysb said:

My hope has vanished,same every season, start well do great then falter. They never let us down do they. Why the hell can't they keep a smile on our faces for once.its now a slippery slide down the table I fear.

That is us in a nutshell .

11 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Was hoping we'd turn it around today but it was clear at half time that we'd sunk into a 4 5 1 formation and we're inviting too much blind pressure into our pyramid of emotion . Every sympathy with TSS who will soon be our whipping boy through no fault of his own . McAlinden, Allen and Silva need freedom to get at the opposition, not get bogged down defending

It was always going to be a 451. Cant go 4 3 3 with nolan maher and cooper behind as none of them can create anything for the front 3. 

1 minute ago, chadders said:

Embarrassing. Disillusioned. com its a fecking long way home. C u at Sutton we go again.

I hope your "embarrassing" comment is aimed at the performance of the players today...

3 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

I hope your "embarrassing" comment is aimed at the performance of the players today...

It is yes like men v boys at times no real goal threat and awful defending at set pieces. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chadders said:

Embarrassing. Disillusioned. com its a fecking long way home. C u at Sutton we go again.

If El Tel is posting comments like he has, it was BAD :o

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chadders said:

It is yes like men v boys at times no real goal threat and awful defending at set pieces. 

Havent looked like a goal threat for a while now but i never thought we would be getting beaten at set pieces

10 minutes ago, chadders said:

Wow, safe trip home

41 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Southwell also booked,,,,, losing and discipline increasing, got to take control of both.

Never a booking. They conceded far worse fouls but didn’t receive a single card. 

10 minutes ago, Guido said:

If El Tel is posting comments like he has, it was BAD :o

I thought Bromley’s facilities were bad enough with the open away end and wheelchair space where you’re staring at a fence in the corner of the ground, but if they didn’t even offer chadders his customary fence to sit on then they should be demoted :angry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pliny Harris said:

I thought Bromley’s facilities were bad enough with the open away end and wheelchair space where you’re staring at a fence in the corner of the ground, but if they didn’t even offer chadders his customary fence to sit on then they should be demoted :angry:

At least 2 divisions :)

Hard to see where we go from here, didn’t create a single chance , shambolic defending , their keeper didn’t have save to make 2 nd half ,

I’ll chuck a more detailed summary up later but just to help those who weren’t there - weather awful, town performance awful, ref and liner even worse.

All in all, a shambles.

• Like 2

It's the extremes which I find difficult to digest , we were top of the league and we lose 5-0 , it's comical , we got to Wembley and were relegated in the same season , somebody somewhere is taking the piss .

• Like 1

Having had time to properly digest the result, I think today more than anything shows that the decision to not properly replace Brown during his injury is costing us more and more each game, in particular with the goals from the set pieces that we conceded today.

Given that we've still got at least a month until Brown comes back, I really hope Wild's immediately on the phone to try and sort out a centre back on loan before we undergo another complete collapse. Thankfully there's still time to put things right, but we need to make use of that time before things go sour.

Edited by Lewis
  • Like 2